• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll be up for preorder later today at $250:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/experien...k-side-darth-vader-deluxe-sixth-scale-figure/

100076_press01-0011.jpg

100076_press05-0011.jpg

So completely mine when it goes up for order.:D

LiK

I'm not a fan of the Sideshow 1/6 figures. I got Luke and evil Anakin and their heads are kinda big. Thinking of selling them as well.

I'm not a fan of the Sideshow 1/6 figures. I got Luke and evil Anakin and their heads are kinda big. Thinking of selling them as well.
Their new 1/6th scale figures are in partnership with Hot Toys and the quality of those figures are massively improved from their original 1/6th scale stuff they have released in the past. All of the recently released stuff like the Bounty Hunters, etc. are exceptionally well done.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/hot-...oys-star-wars-collaboration/10150260484037492

Anybody know who has the license for Star Trek? Surprised that Hot Toys/Enterbrain don't have any figures based around the Abrams reboot.

Or if there are, where are my Into Darkness figures...

WHA? I don't see the big deal, it's not like she's sporting a camel-toe or anything.

Yeah. Who are these girls that are jealous of, or upset over PVC? I live with and date girls that don't share my hobbies and it's never come up.

I'm not saying there aren't any objectionable figures out there, but I don't see how Samus is one of them.

Does anyone know offhand if you can change your shipping method once amiami is ready to ship a pre-order?

I have a bunch of stuff set to EMS that I want to change to SAL Registered, and I don't know if I have to e-mail them to do it.

Does anyone know offhand if you can change your shipping method once amiami is ready to ship a pre-order?

I have a bunch of stuff set to EMS that I want to change to SAL Registered, and I don't know if I have to e-mail them to do it.

Just got an update this morning about them shipping my order and I change the delivery method, you can change the delivery when it comes to the time to pay. You can also change it on their site IIRC but cancellations require emails.

sca2511

Preordered Samus, Link, and Zero Suit. Out of the blue, but felt like I had to. They'd be my first figmas and with them being game related, I thought it'd be appropriate.

I also thought that my GF would be rather annoyed/rubbed the wrong way knowing that almost all my figures are girls, which I never intended, but she seems alright with it saying that they're just figures/statues. She even tells me if one looks good or not. Only criticism I get from her is that I should be saving money.

LiK

Preordered Samus, Link, and Zero Suit. Out of the blue, but felt like I had to. They'd be my first figmas and with them being game related, I thought it'd be appropriate.

I also thought that my GF would be rather annoyed/rubbed the wrong way knowing that almost all my figures are girls, which I never intended, but she seems alright with it saying that they're just figures/statues. She even tells me if one looks good or not. Only criticism I get from her is that I should be saving money.

Why are girls so afraid of guys collecting female figures? I'm not gonna care if I had a GF who collected figures of anime dudes. Seems silly to me.

Two girls and one guy? That's a better ratio than a lot of figma collections out there.

sca2511

Why are girls so afraid of guys collecting female figures? I'm not gonna care if I had a GF who collected figures of anime dudes. Seems silly to me.

Insecurity maybe? Not exactly sure. I mean, I'd understand if the poses are a bit perverted, but I'd think that would be awkward for male friends as well.

Samus is going to be my first figma as well. First one I've felt compelled to buy. I've wanted a good Samus recreation since I missed out on the Phazon Suit piece by F4F due to money shortage at the time.

Skipping Link because I think I'm going to get RAH Link, but I do like that one as well.

I think like sca2511 said, maybe it's insecurity. In my experience girls like stuff that's art and ornament. I typically get interested questions if they're mentioned. The room where I have them is full of sketch books, art books and prints that people seem to ask about in general though.

cajunator

Banned
I collect female figures because I love the designs.
they are cuter, prettier, more interesting. Guy figures often have drab colors and grotesque expressions, boring outfits, etc. Girls usually have more interesting poses too.
My room is a total woman deterrent, but I don't care.

LiK

they are cuter, prettier, more interesting. Guy figures often have drab colors and grotesque expressions, boring outfits, etc. Girls usually have more interesting poses too.

Danny Choo proves that a room full of figures can still get you married and have a kid! i wanna meet a girl who's not gonna judge me for liking figures.

Danny Choo proves that a room full of figures can still get you married and have a kid! i wanna meet a girl who's not gonna judge me for liking figures.

If you're unwilling to compromise your hobbies for the sake of other people's comfort, then you're more likely to find a mate that's suited to you.

LiK

If you're unwilling to compromise your hobbies for the sake of other people's comfort, then you're more likely to find a mate that's suited to you.

exactly, video games too. i don't get how some guys get married and are afraid of sharing their hobbies with their wives. how did they do it during dating? lol

exactly, video games too. i don't get how some guys get married and are afraid of sharing their hobbies with their wives. how did they do it during dating? lol

That's the thing. I can't downplay my passion for the things I enjoy. I don't want to, and I don't have time for it. If you go that route, you may be doing it for the rest of your life if you marry a woman who looks down on things you're into.

I also prefer the RAH Link, it's just the price. Oomph.

Yeah the price is up there for sure. The pictures seem really dead on though. Fingers crossed I feel the same way when it's actually here :p

I meant to ask you what you think of TE Saber after picking her up the other day? I was thinking of doing a theme shelf with Lily and Alter. I've mostly held off because the price seems consistently low enough that there's no hurry, but I might give in now anyway.

Tekken Bishoujo Lili figure came in. These pictures don't really show it, but the figure's posterior is noticeably...uh...well it sticks out there a bit, lol.

She's a great looking figure.... except for the hair. The hair has always bothered me. She has too much in the way of bangs. It almost makes her look like she's a conehead.

I've had no issues with getting girls whilst having figures. Plenty of girls like figures. I guess it depends on what kinda girl it is, but if you can find one that appreciates craftsmenship, then she's more than likely gonna appreciate figures.
That said, I don't have blatant "sexy" figures.

cajunator

Banned
I've had no issues with getting girls whilst having figures. Plenty of girls like figures. I guess it depends on what kinda girl it is, but if you can find one that appreciates craftsmenship, then she's more than likely gonna appreciate figures.
That said, I don't have blatant "sexy" figures.

I only have a couple that could be seen as "sexy". mostly they are just cute. I prefer to get figures wearing the outfits from the shows. I dont like beach queens or other sexualized figures. They aren't true to the character.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah the price is up there for sure. The pictures seem really dead on though. Fingers crossed I feel the same way when it's actually here :p

I meant to ask you what you think of TE Saber after picking her up the other day? I was thinking of doing a theme shelf with Lily and Alter. I've mostly held off because the price seems consistently low enough that there's no hurry, but I might give in now anyway.

shes pretty badass looking. But I put her back in the box since I have no room currently to display her. The invisible Excalibur looks amazing in certain lighting.
VEry happy with it.

shes pretty badass looking. But I put her back in the box since I have no room currently to display her. The invisible Excalibur looks amazing in certain lighting.
VEry happy with it.

Sounds good, thanks man. I'm sure I'll pull the trigger before long. Mandarake alerts have cost me a lot recently.

I'm in the same boat with figures in boxes as well. My last 6 or so are boxed still. Need to get around to buying display space.

Just preordered Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy of the DC Bombshells, where at? Gamestop. They now carry figures via reserve only in-store. $99.99 too, the actual MSRP compared to every comic shop wanting $125+

Ken

I hope Hot Toys makes Shotgun from IM3.

Red Snapper is nice but I've already got the Avengers Iron Man for my red/gold suits, and the IM3 Warmachine design is reaaaaally lame.

chrono01

Doesn't everyone here already have her?
I'm not entirely sure. I posted the link just in-case.

If you don't currently have her [either on the way or in possession], I ask you: WHY!?

BTW, for those with Megahouse's Chie on pre-order, she was delayed until September. :(

On the up-side, Asmodeus is [finally] shipping next month! She'll look great next to Leviathan and the upcoming Lucifer [as well as the remaining Seven Deadly Sins girls].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom