• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
a tad bit upset (mostly at myself)

Hanekawa GSC is going for 5.8k at amiami due to broken cell phone strap. Mine came broke but I paid 9.2k. Didn't notice the broken strap till way later and it was unreg sal.

Personally I've never cared much for nendoroids (except maybe Sonic) but this has piqued my interest. The game has a unique and quirky charm.

YmePrWb.jpg

Touch Detective Is Getting A Nendoroid!

cajunator

Banned
a tad bit upset (mostly at myself)

Hanekawa GSC is going for 5.8k at amiami due to broken cell phone strap. Mine came broke but I paid 9.2k. Didn't notice the broken strap till way later and it was unreg sal.

I have that figure. the cellphone strap is VERY delicate. Its not a big deal if it breaks though.

LiK

Dragon Models has a huge line of Iron Man 3 armor figures coming soon. They look cool but the price is 9300¥ each. Ouch.

GSC's Deep Sea Miku is going up for pre-order tomorrow according to Mikatan's blog! Looks really well done, but I'm undecided on it myself. I already have one Miku(VN02) and I'll want the 7th Dragon version, so I'm not sure I want another. I'll be interested to see the price either way.

a592d474.jpg

chrono01

GSC's Deep Sea Miku is going up for pre-order tomorrow according to Mikatan's blog! Looks really well done, but I'm undecided on it myself. I already have one Miku(VN02) and I'll want the 7th Dragon version, so I'm not sure I want another. I'll be interested to see the price either way.

a592d474.jpg
She definitely looks nice, I just hope GSC can release the product looking like it does in the promotional shots. Other companies, such as Alter, Max Factory, etc., have their final product looking damn near identical to the prototype images [in most cases], so here's hoping GSC can pull it off! I know they've had some issues lately, so here's hoping they have everything sorted out.

That being said, I'll likely hold off on pre-ordering for now. I have A LOT of Hatsune Miku figures, and while this one does look nice/unique, it all comes down to her price. I can easily see a 10,000+ yen price tag for her [with shop discounts], considering her base price is over 14,000 yen, and considering I already have many Hatsune Miku pieces...I'll have to give this some thought.

She definitely looks nice, I just hope GSC can release the product looking like it does in the promotional shots. Other companies, such as Alter, Max Factory, etc., have their final product looking damn near identical to the prototype images [in most cases], so here's hoping GSC can pull it off! I know they've had some issues lately, so here's hoping they have everything sorted out.

That being said, I'll likely hold off on pre-ordering for now. I have A LOT of Hatsune Miku figures, and while this one does look nice/unique, it all comes down to her price. I can easily see a 10,000+ yen price tag for her [with shop discounts], considering her base price is over 14,000 yen, and considering I already have many Hatsune Miku pieces...I'll have to give this some thought.

Mirrors my feelings pretty well, except that I don't have as many Miku figures already. The price alone might be enough for me to pass, but she is pretty unique so who knows. I showed my housemates the pics and they really like her. Decisions, decisions.

Didn't know GSC were having issues mind you. Mikatan mentioned that this Deep Sea Miku is their most worked on figure this year, so I would hope the final product will be good.

Once you go Hot Toys, you never go back.

You speak the truth. That slippery slope.

Gotta say though, I've got no love for Robocop. Looks silly to me. Obviously HT did a great job recreating him though.

I've never bought a Hot Toys before.

...But now I'm seriously considering it. Oh my god, if they did a Dredd too?

I've been begging for a Hot Toys Dredd for ages.:( They've not done one. I don't even know if they have the license.

As for buying - weigh the decision carefully as others have noted. Once you start you won't be able to stop. My first 1/6th scale was actually the Medicom RAH Jedi Boba Fett and after I become more familiar with the hobby and learned about Hot Toys I was done. 15+ figures later here I am (that's not even counting 1/6th scale Tumblers, Bat-Pods and Premium Format statues).

LosDaddie

Banned
You can say that again.

Night and day.

eh, doesn't look all that different from my untrained eyes. More of a case of the lighting better than anything else. The new face/skin texture does look better.

What am I missing?

Once you go Hot Toys, you never go back.

I'm hoping they live up to the hype. Sideshow emailed me that my HT Iron Man Mk7 went from the waiting list to a 'live' order. So my first 2 Hot Toys will be Iron Man Mk7 and Hulk from Avengers.

I'm excited, but kinda nervous about spending this much $$ on 'toys'.

chrono01

Didn't know GSC were having issues mind you. Mikatan mentioned that this Deep Sea Miku is their most worked on figure this year, so I would hope the final product will be good.
The issues mainly come from their quality-control. They've slipped a bit in the past few months, especially with Inori [Guilty Crown] and the Snow Miku 2013 Nendoroid horrors. They sent out replacements as needed, though [for Snow Miku], so I can't fault them too much. Their service on that end have been great.

They've done well with Ultimate Madoka, as well as Sena [some say she actually looks better than the prototype, although I don't have mine yet to confirm], so that's definitely positive. I'm sure that since this is such a high-profile figure for them [of Hatsune Miku, no less!] that they will be extra careful in making sure that the quality-control aspect is there in full force.

But still, that price! Still she's scheduled for December [and will likely fall into Q1 of 2014], so there's still a lot of time to budget for her.

I'll give it a few days. However, I can see myself succumbing to the pressure. She's sculpted by Iwanaga Sakurako, too, who did the incredible Love is War/World is Mine Hatsune Miku, as well as Lacia [Beatless]. He's super-talented.

LiK

I'm hoping they live up to the hype. Sideshow emailed me that my HT Iron Man Mk7 went from the waiting list to a 'live' order. So my first 2 Hot Toys will be Iron Man Mk7 and Hulk from Avengers.

I'm excited, but kinda nervous about spending this much $$ on 'toys'.

once you see them in person you'll be shocked at how good they look. sometimes better than the promo shots.

i think i'll sell off a few more HT variants to make some extra cash. if you guys have $400 to spare, i'll sell to you directly, lol

The issues mainly come from their quality-control. They've slipped a bit in the past few months, especially with Inori [Guilty Crown] and the Snow Miku 2013 Nendoroid horrors. They sent out replacements as needed, though [for Snow Miku], so I can't fault them too much. Their service on that end have been great.

They've done well with Ultimate Madoka, as well as Sena [some say she actually looks better than the prototype, although I don't have mine yet to confirm], so that's definitely positive. I'm sure that since this is such a high-profile figure for them [of Hatsune Miku, no less!] that they will be extra careful in making sure that the quality-control aspect is there in full force.

But still, that price! Still she's scheduled for December [and will likely fall into Q1 of 2014], so there's still a lot of time to budget for her.

I'll give it a few days. However, I can see myself succumbing to the pressure. She's sculpted by Iwanaga Sakurako, too, who did the incredible Love is War/World is Mine Hatsune Miku, as well as Lacia [Beatless]. He's super-talented.

Glad that it seems like they're sorting their problems out. I'd forgotten Inori was them. I saw some less than stellar photos of her. Like you said though, this seems like an important figure for them to get right so it stands a chance of turning out well.

I didn't know those 3 were sculpted by the same guy either. He's got a hell of a record with Miku. I feel like I'll probably cave on ordering this one. The style is completely different to VN02 and 7th Dragon so it wouldn't look too samey I don't think. If she falls into 2014 then even better, for the wallet.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I actually don't have anything preordered except Figma Link and Venusaur. Feels nice.

I'll probably end up preordering Raidou eventually.

Jube3

I've been begging for a Hot Toys Dredd for ages.:( They've not done one. I don't even know if they have the license.

As for buying - weigh the decision carefully as others have noted. Once you start you won't be able to stop. My first 1/6th scale was actually the Medicom RAH Jedi Boba Fett and after I become more familiar with the hobby and learned about Hot Toys I was done. 15+ figures later here I am (that's not even counting 1/6th scale Tumblers, Bat-Pods and Premium Format statues).

Yep, I picked up my first hot toy a year ago and it well...it escalates quickly haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom