• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
EinDS said:
ff1.jpg

That Yuna on the top left shelf is the exact same Yuna figure that I bought my wife. It's the only figure we have. Shame, gotta get some more...hmmm maybe when I go up to Vancouver next week. It is a nice hand painted figure though, really high quality.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Ronok said:
they aren't going to turn tail and run because you collect some models. lol

some models?? Take a look at that room, that's more than some models. I do kinda want some sexy models, but I don't think my wife would like that too much... The best I could do is a Shunya Yamashita figure, which is pretty sexy but not over the edge. Yamashita is the name of the designer, and he does some pretty stylish and attractive stuff:

4961524340484_LRG.jpg

Ronok

My girlfriend just gave me my christmas pressent which was 3 models (well 4, one didn't arrive) consisting of Light, Ryuk and Suzumiya Haruhi. The one that didn't arrive yet is L apparently.

I got her a camera for christmas so I'll take photo's of my various figures in a bit.

:)

And yup I said some models..... I wasn't even refering to that picture when I said that. lol

Most people would never collect that many.

Right, heres my small collection.
mgs.jpg

Also a Kilik from Soul Calibur 3, got that from Japan for like a quid.

azu.jpg

I want more Motoko and Sakaki figures plz. Osaka is there because, shes well, Osaka.

mgs1.jpg

Mcfarlane MGS2 figs, missing Raiden :(, Also the 12" lol Solid Snake, and the box for Lei Wulong.

ninja.jpg

Ryu ofcourse. I want Rachel and Ayane :(

mgs2.jpg

My prized possesion. Cost me £125

ray.jpg

No arm, because of no Raiden :(

I've got a serious bunch, but I keep most of it in a separate room so that I don't HAVE to display it all to random co-workers stopping by. Currently in my living room are a plush murloc and a tauren figure along with my WoW boxes and a few shelves with figures I've made/painted myself (mostly Transformers).

Somehow I've collected quite a few non-female figures. I have Demitri, Jedah, Johnny (GGX), a big bunch of Soul Calibur figures, and the mostly male figures from Suikoden, SOTA's Street Fighter, FF8 and Jojo. The rest is all female though, no random mecha (cept the Transformers of course). I wouldn't stoop to swimsuit versions, that's just silly.

Unless there's a new series of figures I really want (looking for Castlevania right now), I'm pretty much done with figure collecting. I'd do anything for a few unique and rare characters like Aoi (VF, only have a small SD version of her), Juli (SF, only have the gashapon but I've seen a model kit that I missed out on), Ukyo (SS), Makoto and Hugo. Basically I'd like to have a model version of all my favourite characters.

I do have a few Siegfrieds, a big UFO catcher plushie from SB and a small SD figure. I'm hoping Soul Calibur Legends and SC4 will give us at least a gashapon.

Any of you guys do garage kits? putting together and sanding down resin would prolly be my kind of thing (i do miniatures, games workshop/rackham etc)

Lobster

Banned
The best thing in this thread is the mint condition Legend of Zelda OoT..

I really shouldn't have thrown out my 64 boxes :(

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I think I'm (for the most part) past figures/models but I still want that medicom Snake figure. And that Kusanagi model I keep seeing is awesome. I need to find a place that has them in stock.

Anasui Kishibe said:

What the hell??? I ordered Alu, Drac and Succ, from Play ages ago, they still haven't arrived. Delayed till February apparently >:X

How is it, and where did you order from?

Lobster said:
The best thing in this thread is the mint condition Legend of Zelda OoT..

I really shouldn't have thrown out my 64 boxes :(

Yeah, fundly enough, it is the only Gold version of the Pal edition. Which you could only get in Australia apparently.

And to think i got it for £20 of ebay..

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Desperado said:
Designed yourself? I really miss my [thousands of] LEGOs now... :(

No, those are from a relatively new LEGO line called ExoForce. Very manga/anime styled mech stuff. Some of it's pretty neat, but I restrict my LEGO stuff to Star Wars.

dabookerman said:
What the hell??? I ordered Alu, Drac and Succ, from Play ages ago, they still haven't arrived. Delayed till February apparently >:X

How is it, and where did you order from?

Mine arrived last week from Big Bad Toy Store. You were right to not order Simon, FYI. :lol

Flek

Banned
i have only 1 figure . and not because i like this anime (i dont even know it) ... only because i love densha ;D Here is a picture i just took

minawin.jpg

but i realy like the korona figure posted above..might get one like this too :)

LuCkymoON

Banned
Flek said:
i have only 1 figure . and not because i like this anime (i dont even know it) ... only because i love densha ;D Here is a picture i just took

minawin.jpg

but i realy like the korona figure posted above..might get one like this too :)
what series is this character from?

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
I have no figure models as such, though I do have a terrifying collection of Psyducken if those count.

budPsyduck.jpg

I can't believe that it took four pages of this thread before I stopped ignoring it on the basis that I'm not from Greece.

Nooreo

Extollere said:
some models?? Take a look at that room, that's more than some models. I do kinda want some sexy models, but I don't think my wife would like that too much... The best I could do is a Shunya Yamashita figure, which is pretty sexy but not over the edge. Yamashita is the name of the designer, and he does some pretty stylish and attractive stuff:

4961524340484_LRG.jpg
At this rate skirts are going to be non-existent

S. L.

i recently bought and build two MG Gundam kits. A Qubeley and a Hyaku Shiki.
kits come cheap but the tools to build them ;_;.
spent at least 300 bucks for airbrush stuff, colors and tools.

pics maybe later.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Just before picking my folks up from the airport for Christmas, I swung by Yodobashi Camera, and picked up a FF Tactics figure. I was quite happy to get Balflear. :D

2136320939_3e87ff732d_o.jpg

I'm curious, as someone who doesn't really watch anime or manga or whatever, what is the figure with the most ridiculously over-sexed outfit on the market? I'm totally serious. I'm curious to know which one has like, watermelon sized boobs with a washcloth over her crotch or some ridiculous thing. Post a picture, I want a laugh! I had the Final Fantasy X Lulu figure which I thought was pretty over the top already, but seeing some of these makes me realize she's pretty tame in comparison. So show me something!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Uno Ill Nino said:
I'm curious, as someone who doesn't really watch anime or manga or whatever, what is the figure with the most ridiculously over-sexed outfit on the market? I'm totally serious. I'm curious to know which one has like, watermelon sized boobs with a washcloth over her crotch or some ridiculous thing. Post a picture, I want a laugh! I had the Final Fantasy X Lulu figure which I thought was pretty over the top already, but seeing some of these makes me realize she's pretty tame in comparison. So show me something!

I'm goin to den den town in Osaka this afternoon. If you'd like, I'll take some really really NSFW photos of figures. Just say the word, and the photos will be taken.

(I warn you, it will make you weep for humanity)

thetrin said:
I'm goin to den den town in Osaka this afternoon. If you'd like, I'll take some really really NSFW photos of figures. Just say the word, and the photos will be taken.

Seriously? You'd be the fuckin MAN if you did that. I have no idea just how bad it gets, and would love to be enlightened. I'm assuming they'll be from franchises or shows that I've never heard of, but that doesn't really matter.

Its not going to be anything like completely disgusting, is it? I am not interested in seeing "2 girls, 1 cup: The Action figures!". But then again, they're just figures and stuff so how realistic can it even look, right? Hell, just take the photos man. I'll brave whatever you can throw at me. :)

Thanks, btw. Very cool of you.

Jake.

thetrin said:

is it all tentacle rape and lactating shit?

Wanace

I do have a few figures, here's a pic of what I've got just sitting on my shelf. I've had most of these for years, and I haven't gotten anything recently (well, since I've recently gotten divorced, there's some room to increase my collection.)

7yp4x3a.jpg

Data as a Romulan, Picard, Nei, Zechs Merquise, Xatu, Vader, Luke.

In the back is my Gundam Wing collection, my Pez dispensers, a Major League Baseball I caught at an Orioles game, Simon (pre-order bonus), and one of those magical pieces of plastic that only turns one way.

Takuan

swag3pf6.jpg

My friend brought this for me back from Korea. I have a handful of other toys/figures, but I'm too lazy to take pics.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I collect mostly Touma stuff nowadays...
toumacoll1.jpg

toumacoll2.jpg

I have a pretty big stormtrooper/clonetrooper collection too, but it's in storage at the moment.

mintylurb

Uno Ill Nino said:
Seriously? You'd be the fuckin MAN if you did that. I have no idea just how bad it gets, and would love to be enlightened. I'm assuming they'll be from franchises or shows that I've never heard of, but that doesn't really matter.

Its not going to be anything like completely disgusting, is it? I am not interested in seeing "2 girls, 1 cup: The Action figures!". But then again, they're just figures and stuff so how realistic can it even look, right? Hell, just take the photos man. I'll brave whatever you can throw at me. :)

Thanks, btw. Very cool of you.
Some rinks for you..probably nsfw..

http://122.212.159.49/archives/img-f/2007-08-14-3-302.jpg

http://122.212.159.49/archives/img-f/2007-08-14-3-301.jpg

http://www.akibablog.net/archives/img-tiger/2007-12-14-103.jpg

http://www.akibablog.net/archives/img-mouse/2007-02-26-b302.jpg

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I only have a few small things - girlfriend would kill me if I had a collection like some of you guys. Couple of Astro Boy capsule figures which kick arse, that big Knights of the Round figure, and more recently I was able to score the Gorons and Link from Phantom of the Hourglass capsules.

I got a Slime Knight plushy the other day and my life is practically complete.

mintylurb said:

LOL! The first link made me just laugh my ass off for a bit. Its just so fuckin ABSURD. The thought that somebody is out there rubbing their crotch to that just makes me crack up.

The others were alright. Of course the dog one is funny, but the other two are just kinda....creepy sad? Is that what I'm looking for?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
It boils down to whether you're comfortable with your "nerdiness" or not. It doesn't say much for people going "LOL FIGURES U DON'T GET LAID LOL" on an internet message board called the Neo Gaming-Age Forums.

If you act like a fucking freak in real life, it doesn't matter what your hobby is. The figures are just part of a stereotype...but this isn't 1987 and nowadays everyone's a geek.

mintylurb said:

You see, guys? Having some girl figures isn't bad at all. THIS IS. :lol Even the virgin (he has to be. HE HAS TO) Japanese guy with the huge collection of toys, posters, and what is likely hentai manga in that picture posted earlier doesn't have shit like this. :x

But I am unsurprised, because yes, this is Japan. I've been here too long. :/ There are a row of vending machines outside of the bookstores in town that sells shit like this. It's fucking gross.

You have to wonder what the people who work at the companies, particularly the DESIGNERS of this shit, are like.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
That's gross that it's see-through (among other things). I've seen those online before though. Hrmmm, there are plenty of good hentai figures out there :D. More tasteful stuff too, but those ones definitely rank up there at the top of anime gross, especially the first, but there is worse yet. =(

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Extollere said:
That's gross that it's see-through (among other things). I've seen those online before though. Hrmmm, there are plenty of good hentai figures out there :D. More tasteful stuff too, but those ones definitely rank up there at the top of anime gross, especially the first, but there is worse yet. =(

HUH?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom