• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

horsebird

Banned
From the Chinese words, it says comes with both figures. There's the word open in the sentence too. You're looking at either opened and unused or used.

I picked up a POP Boa Hancock. Came this morning too. Pretty happy with it since the design and construction of it is very impressive.

Thanks! I don't mind that they're opened (I think Mandarake deals primarily in used goods), I'm just wondering if the "pain" character is associated with damage.

johnsmith

remember me
So I missed the preorders on the rerelease of Wave's Rise. Do you guys think there'll be some available from the japanese sites once its released or should I buy a preorder from ebay? There's a bunch there for around $100 shipped, but from Hong Kong based sellers. That's only about a $20 markup. Or are there any legit US based sellers that still have preorders available? Not sure what to do.

edit: Looks like she's still available here http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/goods/goods_detail.html?KEY=NEOGDS-50255
Sweet!

10090061a.jpg

horsebird

Banned
Pictures of my new Boa statue. Love this thang! Trumps TS Nami IMO.
I dunno, man. Dat ass cleavage is something to behold.

Is there a resource that will inform me when pre-orders for products begin on sites like AmiAmi? It seems so many amazing figures sell out the moment they get put up there! I'm thinking mostly of popular One Piece product lines, like the POP series. It just seems you're SOL if you don't manage to pre-order a lot of these guys the very moment they become available, and have to turn to eBay price gougers or BBTS.

Edit: I see that Figuarts Zoro on your shelf! I just discovered it a few days ago and the blasted thing is $75 on the 'Bay. A toy that was $20 in September. Sigh.

SUPARSTARX

Is there a resource that will inform me when pre-orders for products begin on sites like AmiAmi? It seems so many amazing figures sell out the moment they get put up there! I'm thinking mostly of popular One Piece product lines, like the POP series. It just seems you're SOL if you don't manage to pre-order a lot of these guys the very moment they become available, and have to turn to eBay price gougers or BBTS.

Edit: I see that Figuarts Zoro on your shelf! I just discovered it a few days ago and the blasted thing is $75 on the 'Bay. A toy that was $20 in September. Sigh.

Hmm, I'm in this One Piece irc channel for collecting stuff. They have an IRC bot that scans the sites for new things pertaining to it.

MegaHouse and whoever else usually announce things and they put them up for preorder like 2 months later I think. It's something like that.

For the POP ones? I will ask. I know someone who knows when they go up somehow, so I'll see if they have resources. Unfortunately, POP stuff sells so fast we can't get pre-order posts up in enough time on Tomopop. By the time we've started writing, they're already gone! :lol

SUPARSTARX

Yeah you basically need to be online right when they go up in Japan timezone for the Japanese releases which issues a golden sticker on the items for authenticity for the POPs. The rest of the world releases get a silver sticker or a FUNimation sticker on the boxes and they come out shortly after by 2 or 3 months. People usually scramble for the Japanese ones.

There's no differences in the item itself other than when it was released. People obsess the hell out of it.

I have one Japanese Shirahoshi and one Asia version on preorder at the moment. Here's a few sites that carry them and get preorders up around the same time:

www.HLJ.com
www.Amiami.com
www.otacute.com
www.1999.co.jp/eng/
www.hobby-frontier.com
www.BiginJap.com
www.aikoudo.com

horsebird

Banned
Yeah you basically need to be online right when they go up in Japan timezone for the Japanese releases which issues a golden sticker on the items for authenticity for the POPs. The rest of the world releases get a silver sticker or a FUNimation sticker on the boxes and they come out shortly after by 2 or 3 months. People usually scramble for the Japanese ones.

There's no differences in the item itself other than when it was released. People obsess the hell out of it.
Is the silver sticker for HK releases? I know there are legitimate MegaHouse releases for other Asian markets, but I haven't really seen a side-by-side comparison. I would love a Benn Beckman figure, but the only place I've been able to find one sells for more than AmiAmi, and they note that it's the "HK release".

I have one Japanese Shirahoshi and one Asia version on preorder at the moment. Here's a few sites that carry them and get preorders up around the same time:

www.HLJ.com
www.Amiami.com
www.otacute.com
www.1999.co.jp/eng/
www.hobby-frontier.com
www.BiginJap.com
www.aikoudo.com
I've been to just about all of those sites. AmiAmi seems to have the best prices by far, and I can be confident about them giving me legitimate products. But it's difficult to know when these things actually come out. Having IRC bots dedicated to reporting pre-order times makes this particular scene sound so small; one would think a handful of English sites reported on this stuff, but I guess the Japanese keep that info close to heart! It is "their" product, I suppose.

NihonTiger90 said:
For the POP ones? I will ask. I know someone who knows when they go up somehow, so I'll see if they have resources. Unfortunately, POP stuff sells so fast we can't get pre-order posts up in enough time on Tomopop. By the time we've started writing, they're already gone! :lol
Pop, Grandline Men, Figuarts Zero... all of these figures are just incredible! I pre-ordered FZ Trafalgar Law and Smoker yesterday from two different sites (BBTS & HLJ). I really like the sculpts for both, so I don't mind paying a bit more. I was high on the Crocodile figure from the same line, but some of the more recent images I've seen haven't been very flattering.

I tried offering a guy on eBay $100 for the POP release, but he wasn't biting. I also really like the Benn Beckman figure, but it's sold out everywhere except this one site I've never heard of that's selling the HK version for roughly $90. Amiami had it for about $75 before they sold out...

SUPARSTARX

Just wait for the non-Japan releases.

Mandarake.co.jp is pretty good for the Grandline Men stuff. Figuarts ZERO stuff is hit or miss. Sometimes it's cheaper sometimes it's hella expensive. But their prices don't budge much. I'm still waiting for Figuarts ZERO Franky :(

Whatever you do don't order foreign items from Big Bad Toy Store. I preordered Figma Kurisu in July for an August release, every month its been bumped back. last I checked it just says 2012 now.

I had no idea Bishoujo X-23 was out so soon. Amazon has a 3rd party selling it for $100 + $30 shipping. Need to find a better place to get that figure. It'd look great next to Dark Phoenix.

I had no idea Bishoujo X-23 was out so soon. Amazon has a 3rd party selling it for $100 + $30 shipping. Need to find a better place to get that figure. It'd look great next to Dark Phoenix.
Check your local comic shop if you have one. If they order through Diamond (which every store does pretty much), they should be able to get one in for you. Kotobukiya makes all their Marvel Bishoujo's available through Diamond.

johnsmith

remember me

Amazon will have it for around $50 once the US sellers get their stock. I suggest you wait. All the Bishoujo figures show up there at reasonable prices. I've bought Mystique, Jean Grey, and Phoenix in the last 2 months from them, all around $50 or less.

Worst case scenario, you buy directly from Kotobukiya for msrp, which is $59.99 http://store.kotous.com/marvel-bishoujo-collection-x-23-bishoujo-statue.html

$500?

if only i had a job ;_; its probably gonna run out of stock sooo fast.

Bambaland sales usually lasts for 24 hours, though recently some have gone out-of-stock after a while to regular members and only 3AA members had access to the figures for 24 hours. If you are in the United States, they also offer the bill-me-later or whatever the new Paypal payment system is where you do not need to pay at the time of purchase or at least not all at once. If you are really interested and do not have the funds then I suggest you do that.

There will be a final REX newsletter release later next week just prior to the sale date of March 2nd though. They will include all the sale details there.
I am sure me or some other folks will transfer that info into this thread though. ;)

Bambaland sales usually lasts for 24 hours, though recently some have gone out-of-stock after a while to regular members and only 3AA members had access to the figures for 24 hours. If you are in the United States, they also offer the bill-me-later or whatever the new Paypal payment system is where you do not need to pay at the time of purchase or at least not all at once. If you are really interested and do not have the funds then I suggest you do that.

There will be a final REX newsletter release later next week just prior to the sale date of March 2nd though. They will include all the sale details there.
I am sure me or some other folks will transfer that info into this thread though. ;)

I HAVE to get this thing. As long as I'm at my PC at when they put it up on the website I shouldn't have any trouble procuring one, right?

NEO0MJ

I have these things on preorder, some being paid bit by bit until release lol

I have two batmobiles (1989 & Dark Knight versions) on preorder. They're about $630 and $470 :eek:

Wow, add them up and you get a big number. Still, there's a big chance this Rex figure will be very, very, very hard to come by in the future so think about it.
There were a lot of figures I hesitated about buying and ended up regretting it when their prices skyrocketed after release.

Looks like they're on preorder now for $139.99

Where? Checked BBTS and they're sold out. But anyways, like I said above I really doubt this will clear customs.

horsebird

Banned
Good lord. Even account for 3A's member discount, it STILL clocks in at over $400. Wordwide shipping being included makes a huge difference, however, and I don't know what sort of deal they have going with shipping companies there because their larger items cost more to ship for me than their original purchase price!

SUPARSTARX said:
Just wait for the non-Japan releases.

Mandarake.co.jp is pretty good for the Grandline Men stuff. Figuarts ZERO stuff is hit or miss. Sometimes it's cheaper sometimes it's hella expensive. But their prices don't budge much. I'm still waiting for Figuarts ZERO Franky :(
Non-Japan releases seem to demand the same amount of $ - but I guess being able to buy them at all is nice.

Mandarake seems to take into account the collector's market when pricing their wares. I want that Figuarts Zero Zoro, but not for $80.

SUPARSTARX

I'm not sure if I can stomach $500 straight up. All my batmobiles are split up into multiple payments. What about shipping fees? haha

jenov4

Definitely going to get the MGS Rex. Been waiting for like 2+ years since it was announced. Also, check out this upcoming badass Raiden Play Arts figure :

raiden.jpg

DemiMatt

Rex is ~500 and roughly 15 to 17 inches tall.

Is he fully articulated or more of a statue?

I really love and of course this figure, however I am not sure I can fit this in my budget, as I have 89 Bats & Jokes, Iron Monger, DX luke, and possibly Boba Fett and Red Skull.

Not to mention the 89 Batmobile and now since that isn't coming out till 2nd quarter next year I may want to buy the Tumbler.

But as I write this I am thinking it would be awesome to have Iron Monger face Rex since they'd be about the same height hahah. But only, ONLY if he is poseable. I don't do statues.

DemiMatt

Thanks for that, it's good to see it's range of motion.

Welp, if I can get an order placed on the threea website. I would really love to have this piece next to Iron Monger haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom