• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEO0MJ

Wait, what? Since when does Vile have a hand cannon? Have I missed something? From what I can remember Vile has never had an arm/hand cannon. He has his shoulder cannon instead. *confused*

In Maverick Hunter X he can shoot from his hand a variety of different weapons.

Azar

Canti showed up on Friday. Really poseable, and comes with a lot of interchangeable pieces. Jacket, halo, baseball glove, etc. I'll probably change it out every so often when I'm bored.

canti.jpg

Ultimadrago

Just got charged for my first couple of Nichijou prize figures.

The "prototype" pics placed on the website look different in coloring to the staged models I've seen.
I hope that isn't the case when they eventually come in.

Yazuka

In Maverick Hunter X he can shoot from his hand a variety of different weapons.
Huh... Must have missed that when I played the game. Well no biggie, but a shame they didn't add those things in this figure then.

But then again. If I'm not mistaken, isnt this figure based on MMX1 for Snes? Minus the knee cannon, he has the Sigma logo on his head, while in MHX he has a V.
I could be wrong about this.
Anyway to stay abit on topic. Is there a place where I can buy the X figure? And ships to Sweden.
Would love to have that figure.

The X Figure has been sold out for a long long time, we had some in stock and they sold out in a day. But Tamashii will sometimes reissue toys with other releases, so hopefully with Sigma or the armor release, X will be re-released.

I dislike figures where I can see the movable joints/hinge thingies. Am I weird. :(

I hate it when I can see the seam lines on a figure. I don't mind so much when it's obscured or at the hair but when it's right in front of you...

0WBeh.jpg

Was really looking forward to pre ordering this. :(

Takuan

I dislike figures where I can see the movable joints/hinge thingies. Am I weird. :(

Nope, I'm with you. Most of the Play-Arts figures look bad to me because of the joints, with the exception of a few.

The seam in the Bishoujo Power Girl doesn't bother me at all, though.

I guess I'm lucky that when I look at it, I just see the whole package and not the joints. I love how moveable she is though, would rather have that than no seams.

LadyRiven

I hate this as well. Tis why I'm not a fan of figmas at all...

I am the same way, but there are certain figmas I like, such as KOS-MOS, where the joints are so integrated into the design that you don't notice them! I think the bare skin joints look awful. :<

cajunator

Banned
I am the same way, but there are certain figmas I like, such as KOS-MOS, where the joints are so integrated into the design that you don't notice them! I think the bare skin joints look awful. :<

I may break my no Figma's rule for the sake of getting a Kuroyukihime figure.
GSC has yet to announce a normal figurine so she will have to do for now.

I hate this as well. Tis why I'm not a fan of figmas at all...

I try to avoid Figmas unless there are no other alternatives. It's not so much the visible joints that bother me, but the overall quality of the figures. Prices are comparable to Nendoroids but nowhere near the level of consistent quality.

I purchased and sold a lot of Figmas that I found to be disappointing, but the recent Samus figure is incredible (even better in person) and I'm pretty happy with the new Berserk figures. Sometimes you get a poorly put together figure with terrible paint and face sculpting or you get something close to perfection like the Samus figure. It gives me high hopes for the Link Figma. Maybe Nintendo ninjas are overseeing them.

Elixir

My Cammy arrived today. :D Amazing figure, I love it.

[plethora of pictures removed for everyone's sake]

More pics here.

The fact that you actually took the time and effort to take a fuckton of pictures of this thing is hilarious. I really hope you didn't pay too much for it. This thing is a fucking embarrassment to the hobby.

johnsmith

remember me
The fact that you actually took the time and effort to take a fuckton of pictures of this thing is hilarious. I really hope you didn't pay too much for it. This thing is a fucking embarrassment to the hobby.

Whoa, man. That's harsh. If he likes it, good for him. No need to put him down for it. As far as Cammy figures go, there's a lot more embarrassing ones, like this one.

What the fuck is the matter with you? God forbid that some people value articulation over looks. If he's happy with it then what right do you have to rain on his parade?

Besides, making a fully articulated figure of a character whose major points of articulation are all exposed skin is no easy task. Play Arts Kai figures can also require a bit of finesse to get into a good pose. Posing action figures is a skill in and of itself, a good or bad pose can make or break the appearance of a figure.

1381.jpg

That looks mighty fine to me.

The fact that you seem so offended and enraged by a figure is even more hilarious to me. I love the figure, and your bizarre and crazy ranting isn't going to change that!

Articulation becomes an entirely redundant factor if the figure is reliant solely on being positioned in one or two angles. As such, that Cammy seems really limited in what it can be presented as. There are far better Cammy figures out there--without articulation--that can be positioned and look perfectly fine at all angles.
Assuming that all you ever want to do with your figure is look at it in one pose for the rest of eternity. I could spend hours tweaking and posing action figures, it's so much fun. Besides, I'd argue that most poses are meant to be looked from a certain angle. A lot of action poses look silly when not looked at from their intended viewpoint.

That doesn't excuse your rudeness though, it was pretty out of line.

Hero

Why are you so mad that someone spent their own hard-earned money on something that they wanted and liked?

I personally think the figure is just okay but if he likes it then what's the problem? There are so many figures that are offensive and an embarrassment to the hobby.

Beth Cyra

Bad form on giving the guy crap over a figure he loves. Expected better even if from a Jr.

That aside, that FemShep looks pretty amazing. Sadly I won't have her lover Trainer to go with her but I will still pick her up.

Also preorered the Tsubasa Max Factory figure coming up and the ES Chogin Chibi Grendizer. Thinking about grabbing the CM but to be honest I'm just dying for the an Ex Cho or even better a Fewture after I saw the Dragon.

Fantomex

Articulation becomes an entirely redundant factor if the figure is reliant solely on being positioned in one or two angles. As such, that Cammy seems really limited in what it can be presented as. There are far better Cammy figures out there--without articulation--that can be positioned and look perfectly fine at all angles.

Wow, the junior batch this month is terribly disappointing. I actually think the figure captures the character well. Anyway op of Cammie, collect what you like, that's what we all do :)

Ken

I've got her too. I like her, but she doesn't have a shelf spot yet. She's also my first vocaloid, so she's kind of an outcast. Waiting patiently for a Kaito.

I've been kind of wary of the Tony Taka Vocaloids after I got my Miku figure and the color of her hair looked off.

Also, no shimapan. ;_;

LadyRiven

If he loves it, what's it to you? We all know the excitement of getting an item we're really happy with, and wanting to share it with others.

LadyRiven

I've got her too. I like her, but she doesn't have a shelf spot yet. She's also my first vocaloid, so she's kind of an outcast. Waiting patiently for a Kaito.

She is also my first to-scale Vocaloid (I have some Miku Nendoroids and the Kaito Nendoroid), but I decided to get GSC's Racing Miku so I hope she looks good with Luka!

Kaito is my favorite, so I will be extremely thrilled if they ever release a scaled figure of him. Heck, Tony's male character designs are really great; they could get him to do Kaito, but they'll probably have him do every other female character first. ;p

cajunator

Banned

No, your post is an embarrassment.
There are different kinds of figurines and action figures for everyone. Nobody likes the same things.

No, your post is an embarrassment.
There are different kinds of figurines and action figures for everyone. Nobody likes the same things.

Agreed, I'm not a fan of most of the anime looking stuff posted in here, but sometimes I'm surprised and see a cool character I would have never seen otherwise. Keep an open mind, dude. People like what they like and this is a hobby where everyone (except scalpers) have been cool.

cajunator

Banned
Its kind of crazy to see how much more expensive boutique western figures are compared to the GSC/alter/Kotobukiya anime ones I like to get. The cost of that Ganondorf is many times more than the most expensive Japanese figurines save for extremely limited/rare ones.

LadyRiven

Its kind of crazy to see how much more expensive boutique western figures are compared to the GSC/alter/Kotobukiya anime ones I like to get. The cost of that Ganondorf is many times more than the most expensive Japanese figurines save for extremely limited/rare ones.

I know, right? Kinda puts things into perspective.

SUPARSTARX

Nick Fury almost here. I think Hawkeye is shipping soon too.

This 1/6 hobby is expensive as fuck. Bailing out after Batman/Avengers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom