• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GENSHIN IMPACT - Coming to Xbox Series S|X November 17th

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Surprise motherfuckers.

Update:

Looks like the Install To message has been changed, the game is in-fact *not* available right now and will be available on the 17th of November.

l8jeTGG.jpeg

---

Original:

d18705e1af942d1fb1cd64391e526475.png

Last edited:

adamsapple

I think this was supposed to be a surprise announcement in the on-going Keighley stream.

Some intern got a little overzealous and published the page beforehand.

Surprised it's not on Xbox One.

Last edited:

splattered

WTF... i am scared to try this. Don't like p2w stuff haven't bothered with it on mobile or PS systems up to this point.

Stafford

Oh I've been hoping for this. I'll definitely check it out. But it seems it's on Game Pass, isn't this game free anyway?

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Looks like it was updated after the picture in OP.

At first it said available now. Now it has the pre-order message.
Yeah, I noticed that as well, that's why I lost like 30 more sec taking another screenshot with the release date, lol, and then rewording the thread title, too. XD

Mr Moose

Oh I've been hoping for this. I'll definitely check it out. But it seems it's on Game Pass, isn't this game free anyway?
Online multiplayer on console requires Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or Xbox Game Pass Core (sold separately).
Seems like you need Game Pass? It just says "Not available separately".
Edit: Maybe it will change in November.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Why the fuck is it $10?
Edit: Oh:
Description

Genshin Impact - Xbox Pre-Order Bundle
・For a limited time only, pre-order this bundle to receive the following bonus in-game items after the game's official launch:
- Advanced Character EXP Material: Hero's Wit ×15
- Advanced Weapon Enhancement Material: Mystic Enhancement Ore ×20

・The standard items included in this bundle are as follows:
- Wishing Item: Acquaint Fate ×2
- Currency: Mora ×150,000
- Character EXP Material: Hero's Wit ×15
- Weapon Enhancement Material: Mystic Enhancement Ore ×20
- Food Item: Rainbow Macarons ×10

Last edited:

Darsxx82

It took a while but it has arrived. I suppose it's a start for future gatcha games to also arrive, perhaps even day one with other platforms.

adamsapple

- Free to play for all, Game Pass Ultimate members will get added perks. * i-e does not need GP to play the game.
- Releasing November 20th (even though the website says Nov 17th)
- Will be cross-play compatible with other platforms

Last edited:

adamsapple

And if there was still any confusion, no the game does not need GP or Core to play.

But you will get benefits if you have it.

You won't need Xbox Game Pass Core (Xbox Live Gold) to play, and the game is exclusively on Xbox Series X|S, but Xbox One players can access it via the Cloud.

• "Genshin Impact" is a wildly popular action RPG game in the gatcha subgenre, and it's heading to Xbox Series X|S on November 20, 2024.
  • The game has been exclusive to PlayStation, Windows PC, and mobile devices up until now, but developer HoyoVerse is partnering up with Xbox Game Pass to sweeten the deal.
  • Revealed to us directly, HoyoVerse says that Genshin Impact will yield in-game bundles day one for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscribers, as well as in subsequent version updates (think similar to seasons.)
  • It will not require Xbox Game Pass Core (Xbox Live Gold) to play on Xbox Series X|S, as it is a free-to-play title.
  • The game isn't coming to Xbox One sadly, but it will be available there via Xbox Game Pass Ultimate via Xbox Cloud Gaming.

Top Bottom