• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

German police foil Right-Wing terror plot against migrant shelters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

orochi91

Police in Germany have uncovered a plot by far-Right extremists to attack refugee shelters using “highly dangerous explosives,” prosecutors said Thursday.They are believed to have been planning an attack on two government shelters for asylum-seekers in the town.

The suspects, 11 men and two women aged between 21 and 36, are believed to be members of The Right, a small local far-Right party, and Nugida, a Bavarian offshoot of the Pegida anti-immigrant movement.

In the past week, investigators intercepted 15 kg of fireworks the group had ordered from eastern Europe, including so-called “ball bombs” from Poland. “If these are thrown into a car or a smaller space, people can be seriously injured or killed,” Werner Mikulasch, the local deputy police chief, said.

The suspects were growing “more radical and more violent each month,” he said. Erik Ohlenschlager, the chief prosecutor for Bamberg, described them as a “violent and brutal group” who “are dangerous and have to be taken seriously.”

Prosecutors said they intended to throw explosives into the shelters to spread “fear and terror.”

More at link: http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world/extremist-plot-to-bomb-german-migrant-shelters-using-highly-dangerous-explosives-uncovered

I expect to see more of this cropping up in the coming years as Europe continues to host increasing numbers of refugees and migrants.

Madness

Sweden has had several arson attacks this week against migrant shelters. It's just crazy how this whole ordeal which is about refugees fleeing war is turning people violent. This is only going to get worse.

vityaz

545611763.jpg

Is that a friggin crossbow by the swords?

Deft Beck

Why would your reaction to people fleeing from violence and seeking shelter in your country be more violence?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
That krieg 550 or whatever looks out of place amongst the bats and swords and...crossbow.

Madness

Why would your reaction to people fleeing from violence and seeking shelter in your country be more violence?

Because they don't want them in their country. And so they wanted to spread fear and terror and to let other potential migrants feel like they're unwanted and that if they come, they'll be killed or attacked.

I've been saying it for so long, get used to shit like this being the norm for a while now. This migration and influx of refugees is unprecedented, coming at a time when Europe itself is seeing economic stagnation, declining infrastructure and industry and low birthrates. Migrants will be blamed for most of the problems, will be scapegoated.

The hate-mongering from even "liberals" regarding these refugees was always going to lead to terror and violence from natives feeling threatened over imaginary things.

While I can understand the issues that people would have against so many migrants coming over, planning to use terror tactics/violence against the migrants is not the right option. Glad that these guys were caught before they caused serious harm.

orochi91

While I can understand the issues that people would have against so many migrants coming over, planning to use terror tactics/violence against the migrants is not the right option. Glad that these guys were caught before they caused serious harm.

If anything, it fosters more support for the migrants.

Using terror tactics against refugees is the worst way possible to shift any public opinion on the matter lol

dabig2

If anything, it fosters more support for the migrants.

Using terror tactics against refugees is the worst way possible to shift any public opinion on the matter lol

I see it as more nefarious than that. They're either hoping for direct retaliation or they're hoping to instill a deep fear and hatred in migrants which will further drive them into small, marginalized, and isolated communities.

And the story after that is as old as time. Your "moderates" then shift focus from the terrorist attack to the response of the migrants and that usually is never in favor of the smaller minority.

orochi91

I see it as more nefarious than that. They're either hoping for direct retaliation or they're hoping to instill a deep fear and hatred in migrants which will further drive them into small, marginalized, and isolated communities.

And the story after that is as old as time. Your "moderates" then shift focus from the terrorist attack to the response of the migrants and that usually is never in favor of the smaller minority.

That is indeed quite a cynical view on the matter, but there is truth to what you're saying.

I would hope that the German intelligence agencies and police force are quick on the uptake and continue to prevent these things from taking place.

You're absolutely correct that if migrants start retaliating, shit is going to go downhill really fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom