• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GET YER WALLETS

Status
Not open for further replies.
AND BUY!

I wont be able to :(

B0001MZ7K0.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B0001MZ7KA.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I've seen a couple episodes of Aqua Teen.....it's kinda funny. Don't think I would want it on DVD though.

What's Sealab 2120? Is it some kind of underwater show for kids?

Triumph

Banned
One of the funniest shows of all time. It's a cartoon on adultswim that chronicles the adventures and mishaps of a gang of idiots that have been sent to colonize the floor of the ocean. My personal favorite episode is when Captain Murphy loses his Happy Bake Cupcake oven, and sends Stormy and Quinn to go get it. Of course, the Feng Shui episode is awesome as well.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
I WANT!!!

Also, SeaLab is not the same at all without Captain Murphy. :( The new cowboy captain is a poor man's replacement.

signet

human5892 said:
I WANT!!!

Also, SeaLab is not the same at all without Captain Murphy. :( The new cowboy captain is a poor man's replacement.

You know the new captain (Capt. Tornado Shanks) is voiced by Michael Goz. Michael is the son of the late Harry Goz the voice behind our beloved Capt Hazel "Hank" Murphy.

Give the new captain some time, he has been funny in the last few eps.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
signet said:
You know the new captain (Capt. Tornado Shanks) is voiced by Michael Goz. Michael is the son of the late Harry Goz the voice behind our beloved Capt Hazel "Hank" Murphy.

Give the new captain some time, he has been funny in the last few eps.
I did know that Captain Murphy's voice actor died, but I wasn't aware the new captain was voiced by his son. Interesting.

I still don't think he's anywhere near Murphy, though. :(

signet

ConfusingJazz said:
Bah, the best Sealab is the religion one.

I can't remember what the hell the damn religion is. Stupid randomness...

You speak of the Feast of Alvis, it is not on this DVD set.

Belfast

I don't know what it is. Maybe its my mood lately, but I've been finding both shows to be less and less funny. They started out as being mildly random and with some pretty funny non-sequitors, but besides the occassional gem, each newer episode of either series seems like its just becoming a contest to see how much weirder they can make things. This seems to be confirmed by the "extras" they've been advertising for the DVDs. Most of it just isn't funny to me anymore, its just kind of weird and gross.

signet

Belfast said:
This seems to be confirmed by the "extras" they've been advertising for the DVDs. Most of it just isn't funny to me anymore, its just kind of weird and gross.

that extra clip (the gross food video) is from the ATHF ep of Space Ghost C2C. It played in the background window when Master Shake was trying to intimidate the audience into being hungry.

The ATHF DVD has some nice behind the scene info in the extras, and the Sealab DVD has the never aired pitch pilot (where Dr. Quinn was French lol).

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
metsallica said:
It makes real cupcakes with a 40 watt bulb. And there's icing packets... but the secret ingredient is LOVE.
murphy_2black.jpg

DAMMIT.

Don't come back alive without that oven!

robot

I had no idea the guy behind Murphy passed away...did they write murphy off the show or just take him out?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I doubt they are too worried about character continuity, since sealab blows up at the end of more than half the episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom