• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Recon 2 PC/XB exclusive?

Chopin Trusty Balls

First casualty in the war on idioticy.
On the new Ubi Soft releaselist the PS2/GC versions say TBA,while PC/XB say November,also it turns out Far Cry Instincs for GC was typo on Ubis side.

Both Far Cry Instincts, and Ghost Recon 2 are scheduled for the GameCube. Ghost Recon 2 has been scheduled for all platforms since the beginning, and Far Cry Instincts is also bound for all consoles.

Chopin Trusty Balls

ToyMachine228 said:
Both Far Cry Instincts, and Ghost Recon 2 are scheduled for the GameCube. Ghost Recon 2 has been scheduled for all platforms since the beginning, and Far Cry Instincts is also bound for all consoles.

Well in case of Ghost Recon 2 i obviously ment time limited exclusivity for 2004.

As for Far Cry Instinics Ubi Soft announced post scriptum there is no Game Cube version as it was a typo in thier Pressrelease.

There is a GameCube version planned. It's not going to launch at the same time as the Xbox and PS2 versions, and it could get canned, but there was one planned around the time of announcement. If you ask me, they really need to focus on building up the other versions, so I don't think anyone would mind trading off a GCN version for a more solid Xbox and PS2 version.

Chopin Trusty Balls

ToyMachine228 said:
There is a GameCube version planned. It's not going to launch at the same time as the Xbox and PS2 versions, and it could get canned, but there was one planned around the time of announcement. If you ask me, they really need to focus on building up the other versions, so I don't think anyone would mind trading off a GCN version for a more solid Xbox and PS2 version.

Again Ubi soft themselfes said there is/was none planned.

jedimike

I think FCI was in planning stages for GC when they were using the Crytek engine, but after they switched engines the GC version got dropped. I don't know why they switched engines, but Crytek was up and running on GC and XB.

jedimike said:
I think FCI was in planning stages for GC when they were using the Crytek engine, but after they switched engines the GC version got dropped. I don't know why they switched engines, but Crytek was up and running on GC and XB.

What I said

Chopin Trusty Balls

jedimike said:

Nope,Crytek only got certified GC developer,but didnt do any serious work,they only made XB portotype(1:1 PC port) ans sent it to Ubi Soft,they didnt like a gave the console versions to Montreal.

Top Bottom