• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghostbusters Review Thread [Certified Fresh - 75%]

Status
Not open for further replies.
YwTIgNv.png

#FollowTheMoney
Not surprising, dude is a Gamergate clown.

Indiana Jones Crystal Skull got an RT score of 77%

Interpret as you like

Ghostbusters doesn't look anything close to Crystal Skull "quality;" reserving final judgement until I see it myself

Still early yet, and it's bouncing around a lot but 71% (25/35) is respectable and far better than I expected given the trailers. I want to see what Kermode, Stuckman and Jahns have to say.

Love listening to Kermode's reviews, but comedy is probably his biggest blind-spot.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Seems like i will walk out of this movie with the same reaction of 'that was good' as i did the original. Good to see the movies reviewing okay.'

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Indiana Jones Crystal Skull got an RT score of 77%

Interpret as you like

Ghostbusters doesn't look anything close to Crystal Skull "quality;" reserving final judgement until I see it myself

Crystal Skull is better than Temple of Doom. There, I said it.

Trokil

Banned
I'm finding it hard to detect in here whether the majority of people wanted this film to review brilliantly or terribly.

I don't care about the scores, I just want it to tank at the box office and Ben Hur as well. I hope all remakes and reboots tank so terribly, that Hollywood is finally forced to make new movies.

Maybe they even let Morgan Freeman start his Rendezvous with Rama movie for example.

Can we all just stop and relish in the fact that this is getting a better score than BvS?

That isn't hard Ghostbusters 2016 would have had to have been an epic fuck up for it to score that badly. Honestly the average-decent review score is worst case scenario for anyone who got suckered into the round and round debate since in the end it's neither a bad enough or insulting enough remake to hate nor is it a remake that elevates the original source material into something truly it's own. Had this film been called anything other then Ghostbusters nobody would have given a shit and it'd just be another decent Fieg comedy which at this point you know if you'll enjoy it or not.

Looks like this is ending up about where I figured it was. Seems like it's a decent movie that had some absolutely terrible trailers. Still not planning to see it in theaters since I'm not a fan of Feig's comedies. The box office thread next week should be very interesting though.

I don't care about the scores, I just want it to tank at the box office and Ben Hur as well. I hope all remakes and reboots tank so terribly, that Hollywood is finally forced to make new movies.

Maybe they even let Morgan Freeman start his Rendezvous with Rama movie for example.

We seem to have this conversation every single summer. Hollywood always makes "new" movies. Some of the best movies that have come out this year were all originals (hell, an original one just made good money at the box office).

Trokil

Banned
We seem to have this conversation every single summer. Hollywood always makes new movies. Some of the best movies that have come out this year were all originals (hell, an original one just made good money at the box office).

But they still spent almost a billion dollar for remakes (without marketing). That would have been enough to make a lot of movies.

Hollywood makes new movies all the time. Remakes have been around since time immemorial

If you truly think Hollywood makes no new movies, I suggest you go out more. There are hundreds of them every year.

eFKac

62 on meta?

Haha that's great. Didn't like the trailers but gonna watch close to release then. Pretty optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom