• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeku

Celsius is just Kelvin plus like 250 or something. Scientific ease meets usability, and not related at all to the length of a monarch's forearm.

Jesus christ I finished Lightning Returns and jesus christ. You all weren't kidding when you said it had to be seen to be believed.

The Battlestar fucking Galactica ending? For real? At first it was pretty standard fare power of friendship working together stock Final Fantasy stuff and then they flew to Earth and now Lightning apparently has a Eurail pass and is bumbing around the French countryside I mean wtf.

I know need to go watch Metal Gear Scanlon 4 because I feel that might ground me again.
Oh man, I need to play through the FF13 trilogy ASAP.

I want to click on that lightning returns spoiler but im still waiting for the PC release. Haven't even played ffxii-2 yet because I know I'll need to read up on whatever the fuck happened during my ffxiii playthrough so as to feel less lost

LiK

I want to click on that lightning returns spoiler but in still waiting for the PC release. Haven't even played ffxii-2 yet because I know I'll need to read up on whatever the fuck happened during my ffxiii playthrough so as to feel less lost

I enjoyed FFXIII-2. Much more than FFXIII. Haven't played LR yet either.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say

that is a good length

292ell4.png

XIII-2 has also kinda turns me off because I've never been into collecting-monsters-and-using-them-as-party-members style of JRPGs. I disliked it in Dragon Quest V but just chose to stick with it because it's a great game but i never dug deep into that system. Always found it to be a weak excuse for not developing decent party members.

I mean it's ok for a pokemon because that's the whole point of those games but i don't like it in otherwise normal JRPGs.

Zaph

There's loads of new content to watch, but I can't stop watching clips from yesterday's Rocket League. It was just so brutal.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
XIII-2 has also kinda turns me off because I've never been into collecting-monsters-and-using-them-as-party-members style of JRPGs. I disliked it in Dragon Quest V but just chose to stick with it because it's a great game but i never dug deep into that system. Always found it to be a weak excuse for not developing decent party members.

I mean it's ok for a pokemon because that's the whole point of those games but i don't like it in otherwise normal JRPGs.

What about the megaten games?

What about the megaten games?

fuck.

I do like the megaten games. Well, I do like persona 3 and 4.

But you still have party members in those games and they've got their own traits and attributes so it's not technically the same thing.

Though Jeff and Vinny would have you believe that Ghoul and Naked Owl Man have some sort of personalities

Also, they're nearing WM levels of content overdose right now. It feels good, y'all

So because my ps4 is Japanese the main button is O and the back button is X and this feels weird - any way I can change that? I'm talking about in the ps4 menus and so on

So, How Does DualShock 4 Button Remapping Work on PS4?

Jothel

So because my ps4 is Japanese the main button is O and the back button is X and this feels weird - any way I can change that? I'm talking about in the ps4 menus and so on

you can reassign buttons in the settings but i think that changes them for everything forever

honestly you get used to the backwards buttons after a while...

Watching Drew play MGS4 makes me want to play the game myself. I guess it's the one remaster I'd buy on PS4 (wouldn't mind a PC release either).

MGS4 is going to require some work given how it is always being meta about being on the PS3. Snake holding a PS3 controller when controlling MKII, the reference to Cell Processors, etc.

It's not impossible, but it's going to require more work than just bumping the resolution and framerate and calling it a day. I suppose if it just comes out on the PS4 it would be fine, it was on PSNow a few months back before being pulled after all. Just don't see it being an easy task to get onto the PC an or Xbox

hamchan

I would love to see a whole playthrough for Contradiction, though they've always been iffy on doing whole lets plays for recent games, even though every youtuber these days does exactly that.

Mature

Things Drew would probably benefit from in MGS4:
-10000% more crouch walking
-Going easy on inventory slots to reduce stress build up and psyche drain
-Utilizing Solid Eye for more than NV, specifically for spotting items/enemies
-Understanding he's on the rebel's side by default
-Understanding the threat ring (sitting still and crouching to see enemy movement)
-Codec

He's doing decently so far, but it's unfortunate to see him skip over large areas by running and burning through rations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom