• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

tchocky

What do we think this Alt F1 video is going to be? Them racing a full 70 lap German GP in F1 2014, since the real one is skipping this year?

Yeah I think that is most likely since during the QL Danny mentioned sarcastically about playing and talking "It's good we are not doing a long race this week" maybe they will pass the controller to each other at Pit Stops since their is no split screen.

Megasoum

Banned
Fuck yes Alex, The Negotiator is a great movie.

Also I love David Morse... The dude is always playing secondary roles and he's always great.

Yeah I think that is most likely since during the QL Danny mentioned sarcastically about playing and talking "It's good we are not doing a long race this week" maybe they will pass the controller to each other at Pit Stops since their is no split screen.

Oh right, that thing makes sense now. On his Tumblr Danny also said "We just recorded a very long and silly video which will be up on the weekend I believe" when asked about Alt+F1. Could also be split screen with last year's game.

Chuck

Still without luck
Rocket League vs was a lot of fun to watch. Really rooting for the complete destruction of Beast by the end of it, contrary to what they thought. It would be nice to see them play with their own screens like East.
It very, very rarely bothers me. But for whatever reason, this time it did. It's like... if you're not going to put any thought into the game, if you're just going to bull rush through it and shoot at everyone... why?
Well at least you're reasonable about it.

BearPawB

Banned
It very, very rarely bothers me. But for whatever reason, this time it did. It's like... if you're not going to put any thought into the game, if you're just going to bull rush through it and shoot at everyone... why?

The problem is Drew is clearly very worried about being "boring".

He might want to play slow and tactical, but with the pressure of 1000s watching him, i think he just rushes more than he normally would.

It is certainly not how I would want to play a metal gear game.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
That Contradiction video is one of the best things that ever came out of Giant Bomb. My god, they must do a part II.

Also honestly I don't hate what I see from the game. I think it actually looks pretty cool :x

So I'm checking out the Contradiction QL.

...the fuck is up with all the ayn rand references. I hope the person who made this game doesn't like ayn rand.

jaina

This has been a great day. Watched the first half of Rocket League while having breakfast. And tonight MGS4, then caught up on this thread (you guys and the world cup gifs were hilarious during Us vs. Them) and now I'm 2/3 into the first Contradiction video.
And there's still the [supplemental video] and the salty end of Rocket League left.

So I'm checking out the Contradiction QL.

...the fuck is up with all the ayn rand references. I hope the person who made this game doesn't like ayn rand.

There's also bird and cage references, so I guess this is what Ken Levine has been up to since making all those people lose their jobs.

Myggen

This has been a great day. Watched the first half of Rocket League while having breakfast. And tonight MGS4, then caught up on this thread (you guys and the world cup gifs were hilarious during Us vs. Them) and now I'm 2/3 into the first Contradiction video.
And there's still the [supplemental video] and the salty end of Rocket League left.

Yeah, just now starting part 02 of MGS4. Got the Contradiction QL and Us vs. Them to watch later. Been a ton of great content this week.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Someone should tell GiantBomb people have been playing new video games on the internet for a while and its worked out pretty well for them so far.

It's a small game with seemingly very little replay value, sometimes it's not just about legal threats and more about whether it's kind of a dick move.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
God of War has the worst QTEs that I can remember. Even when I first played them I remember being pissed at how fucking mashy they were

So is Rocket League worth playing if you're only ever going to be able to play with randoms? The game looks rad and I'm tempted to pick it up but if it's not very enjoyable playing with randoms then there's no point.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
The problem is Drew is clearly very worried about being "boring".

He might want to play slow and tactical, but with the pressure of 1000s watching him, i think he just rushes more than he normally would.

It is certainly not how I would want to play a metal gear game.

Eh I never bought that excuse from him. I don't think I've ever read a single complaint from anyone thinking he was taking it too slowly. I mean people are prepared to watch brad play the same boss in Bloodborne for 2 hours.

So is Rocket League worth playing if you're only ever going to be able to play with randoms? The game looks rad and I'm tempted to pick it up but if it's not very enjoyable playing with randoms then there's no point.

Trouble with that is you might end up on a team with alex austin or vinny, and that'll fuck your day up :p

this was my concern too and it is totally still fun with randoms.

oXX8kij.png

YES!

(Time is UK)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom