• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
No no, they just didn't have any in stock because we're out of season apparently.
I can't wrap my mind around this.

Having never played MGS4 I'm surprised Liquid seems to be the antagonist at the outset. Kind of expected it to be Ocelot given all the buildup he got in 3.

Is it ever explained why Ocelet felt the need to strap Liquid's hand to his body, rather than the dozens of corpses Snake doubtless left, or how Liquid managed to work that possession from beyond the grave?

Or is it a thing like how Fortune somehow deflected that final missile in MGS2 (ie magic).

I look forward to seeing your reactions as Dan and Drew progress through the game.

Fobwashed

2767282-theater.jpg

MGS4

bigkrev

I started playing MGS4 for the first time 2 weeks ago (I'm actually at what I believe is the final boss
Fighting Ocelot on top of GW
, but stopped because I heard the ending is over an hour long and want to wait till I know I can sit for that long to finish it), and I'm fascinated by the stuff that Drew gets "right" and "wrong". I'm tearing my hair out at him shooting all these things he could be crawling to pick up in the palace (and the fact that he remembered it for the claymores, but didn't think to try it on the other stuff), and yet he got into the palace so much quicker and easier than I did! He never encounters the Snipers, he figured out how to get in the building quick, and did it all on one try.

Xater

Endgame Contradiction spoilers:
I had totally forgotten about the window, and if you go back to the area, you're never really given a chance to focus in on the window itself. For whatever reason the tape had never really registered as important to me.

More Contradiction spoilers:

Ok, I can see how that can happen. I just saw it immediately and was a bit frustrated it never became a talking point until the end.

Jintor

Then that's on Kojima.

And if you're bothered by the long winded explanations and the reiterating of ideas and concepts this early in MGS4 then buckle up because we've only begun to scratch the surface of MGS4. I can 100% confirm that it's only going to get worse from here on out.

they can both be bad writers

yeah i played mgs4 already and i think discarded almost all of it from my memory

I think that's just a push forward map, as cool as it is to watch.

it definitely isn't. those flips and stuff are dictated by the track shape but he's definitely steering to hit them/get through parts of the track

if he misses one of them by like a millimeter or is just barely not fast enough it's over

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
it definitely isn't. those flips and stuff are dictated by the track shape but he's definitely steering to hit them/get through parts of the track

if he misses one of them by like a millimeter or is just barely not fast enough it's over

Nah he said it in the comments that it is a push forward map.

hey this is pretty off-topic but I know a lot of you played it and google isn't helping

is there any reason NOT to play Danganronpa 2 on easy if I loathed the courtroom minigames in 1?

Doesn't seem like something someone who's never seen it before could complete.

It's literally just holding the acceleration button.

I feel like push forward maps are the antithesis of Trackmania. There's no improving of your time to be had, no technique involved. Sure it looks cool, but it's all style and no substance.

hey this is pretty off-topic but I know a lot of you played it and google isn't helping

is there any reason NOT to play Danganronpa 2 on easy if I loathed the courtroom minigames in 1?
Stump what are you doing? The only visual novel you should playing now is the one that Danny likes where you try to fuck the pigeons.

this year I've done 999, VLR, finished DR1 (saw the anime forever ago), now moving onto DR2

I might be reaching VN saturation
I've got a bunch in my backlog right now and I'm probably going to throw Steins gate on the pile as well, but I feel like I should finish the Ace Attorney games before starting any other VN.

Antiwhippy

Play steins;gate.

Just play it.

Also recently finished hakuoki: demon of the fleeting blossom.

Why must my husbandos lead such tragic lives? ;_;

god i totally forgot how much mgs4 harps on about the blasted war economy. it's in every second sentence of drebin's monologues. war economy war economy war economy war economy

i seem to remember that konami changed translators at some point. mgs was never incredibly well written moment-to-moment but i kinda feel it actually kinda starts getting annoying in mgs4

There's a really "great" line in MGS4 that's a result of this.

The nonsensical "if you won't be a prisoner of fate, then go and fulfill your destiny" sounds like it's just saying the same exact thing twice, but it's apparently a direct translation of a Japanese idiom that loses the implied meaning of "go and change your destiny by meeting it head on"

I don't get why Dan felt the need to blurt out
Johnny doesn't have nanos

This is something Dan's done since the start of Metal Gear Scanlon. He'll randomly pick things that he thinks Drew should know, half of which are irrelevant and just end up confusing Drew more, and half of which are neat details or Easter Eggs or story spoilers that Drew should have found out by himself.

Antiwhippy

I want to but it's either buy an import vita copy (which isn't that expensive tbh) or buy the pc version... off of j-list? j-list still exists?

I'm half hoping they just release a NA version so I don't have to deal with that nonsense.

You can just buy it directly off jast. I seem to remember doing that.

TraBuch

Banned
I want to but it's either buy an import vita copy (which isn't that expensive tbh) or buy the pc version... off of j-list? j-list still exists?

I'm half hoping they just release a NA version so I don't have to deal with that nonsense.

Doesn't the NA version for the PS3/Vita come out in like..a month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom