• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll make sure you picked the right duder to be your hypothetical father.

The only thing on the interviewer's clipboard is this

HPSYgM0.png

Myggen

Generally it'll be a criminal history check, maybe talking to references listed/past jobs, and sometimes a credit check.

Yeah, I figured. Here in Norway an employer isn't allowed to check your criminal history (regardless of how serious) except for in rare cases (full access to your criminal history if you're applying for a position as a lawyer, judge, police officer, limited to "relevant history" if you're gonna work with kids), and I don't think any employer can check your credit. How open your criminal history is in the US is insane to me if the goal is to get people back into society.

But I digress.

I've never heard of any job checking someone's credit as a background check, but criminal history is always common. However IIRC it only flags serious felonies, not every little thing you've ever done.

Patryn

I also feel like Jeff is better when he doesn't need to worry about hosting.

I agree. Yeah, he's great in the play-by-play role, but he's fucking fantastic in the color commentator role.

I've never heard of any job checking someone's credit as a background check, but criminal history is always common. However IIRC it only flags serious felonies, not every little thing you've ever done.

It's a relatively new thing. Started with positions that dealt with money, and I feel like it began to expand with the last recession when employers discovered they had a surplus of people applying and could be really choosy.

I think a couple of states outlawed it, because it's pretty insane to discriminate against those with bad credit for almost no reason, when there's a decent chance they have bad credit because they're out of work.

Lelcar

Maybe Dan should host then.
Yeah, Dan tends to only speak when he's spoken to. Which is why I like the Beastcast more, everyone is pretty much equally talking consistently. Whereas the Bombcast to me is just the Brad and Jeff show with the other two seats occasionally talking. I do want to clarify though that I still love the Bombcast.

Yeah, Dan tends to only speak when he's spoken to. Which is why I like the Beastcast more, everyone is pretty much equally talking consistently. Whereas the Bombcast to me is just the Brad and Jeff show with the other two seats occasionally talking. I do want to clarify though that I still love the Bombcast.

The problem is they talk over each other so much more.

2767485-mugged.gif

Patryn

When Jason's on, he's always jumping in which is why I like the episodes he's on.

popo

One thing Brad could learn from Jeff. Don't waste hours on editing. Most people will not appreciate it. Many even like it raw (they also like the podcast raw)
but not WWE Raw

Vinny seems to get the beastcast up quick too. Can't be doing much editing either. I remember when it was occasional he would spend days on the music :D

Hey guys... I'm happy to report that I finally found some Stress Balls!

Two big blue (stress) balls.

filled with weed!

One thing Brad could learn from Jeff. Don't waste hours on editing. Most people will not appreciate it. Many even like it raw (they also like the podcast raw)
but not WWE Raw

Vinny seems to get the beastcast up quick too. Can't be doing much editing either. I remember when it was occasional he would spend days on the music :D
Vinny really does produce the shit out of the beastcast though. Sound bites, songs, west coast guests, etc. he just makes it look easy

Megasoum

Banned
Oh man that KOTOR2 update is fucking LEGIT.

Out of the box controller support, Widescreen support and Steam Workshop that lets you install the restoration mod in 1 click.

I guess I don't have anymore excuses to not play that game (I loved the first one but never really played the second one)

Oh man tha KOTOR2 update is fucking LEGIT.

Out of the box controller support, Widescreen support and Steam Workshop that lets you install the restoration mod in 1 click.

I guess I don't have anymore excuses to not play that game (I loved the first one but never really played the second one)

Right? Fucking PC gaming is so awesome and is constantly getting awesomer.

def sim

I bought MKX, SFV, and am buying a $200 fightstick despite being in my mid thirties and never being an avid fighting game devotee.

BURNMONEY.GIF

Hey, it's never too late to get into fighting games and arcade sticks last you a good long while. My original TE is still going strong 6 years later and I'll likely dual mod it for the new consoles when possible.

It's also nice to have one for other kinds of 2D games if the fighting game thing doesn't work out. ;)

Oh man tha KOTOR2 update is fucking LEGIT.

Yeah, it's dope. Hopefully the first sees the same treatment.

Myggen

It's Dan/someone else, they mentioned it on UPF or something.

Dan did a Test Chamber (QL style video) video of the original on GI, don't think they did a playthrough but I might be wrong.

edit: He did do a playthrough of Trapt

Frenden

Banned
Hey, it's never too late to get into fighting games and arcade sticks last you a good long while. My original TE is still going strong 6 years later and I'll likely dual mod it for the new consoles when possible.

It's also nice to have one for other kinds of 2D games if the fighting game thing doesn't work out. ;)

That... that was actually really comforting to read, ha. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom