• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I really wish they would do a re-release of Red Dead akin to GTA 5. I remember really loving that game but going back to the 360 just hurts now.

as of right now, the closest thing we'll get to seeing RDR on current gen consoles is with backwards compatibility on the XB1 and PSNow on PSnow compatible devices. We never got a PC version, don't get me fucking started on that fucking crime against humanity

2015-07-2214-34-23_ja4xyo4.png

Oh I see, he's trying to throw us off.

I understand peoples' complaints about fanservice and lewdness and whatever and frankly just choose to accept it on a case by case basis on my own scale

but

antigravity strawberries and a banana jammed in the twat might be a bit too daft even for me

I guess I have to give them points for being creative, they certainly went for it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Gone Home and Journey were definitely two games that made me realize that some games aren't for me, but they can still be objectively good games to many people.

Except Shadows of Mordor. I just think that game is bad.

Journey was a terrific game but playing $15 for 90 minutes was a bit much even back when it came out. Should've been $7 like when Flower launched.

I don't want a new Red Dead because that game was super boring and had terrible gunplay. Seriously, if that game did not have the slowdown auto-aiming thing that enabled me to kill dudes without always feeling like throwing my controller at the television, I would have never even finished it.

I will never understand the crazy fandom this game has. I understand why some people like it, I understand why some really like it, but to claim that it is the game of the last generation when we have games like Mass Effect 2, Skyrim, Super Mario Galaxy 1&2, Dark Souls, The Last of Us, Bioshock and Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare ?

Opinions, I guess. But man... some opinions, huh ?

For me, it had the most well realized world of last gen by far. Dark Souls comes close but Blighttown sours me on that game a bit

I don't want a new Red Dead because that game was super boring and had terrible gunplay. Seriously, if that game did not have the slowdown auto-aiming thing that enabled me to kill dudes without always feeling like throwing my controller at the television, I would have never even finished it.

I will never understand the crazy fandom this game has. I understand why some people like it, I understand why some really like it, but to claim that it is the game of the last generation when we have games like Mass Effect 2, Skyrim, Super Mario Galaxy 1&2, Dark Souls, The Last of Us, Bioshock and Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare ?

Myggen

This backyard wrestling website is further proof of Drew's theory of the the first half of the 00's being part of the 90s.

Weird to criticize Red Dead's gunplay then cite Skyrim as a top game of the generation

The argument there would probably be "well Skyrim has a ton of other shit going on, it's like a living breathing world" but, hey, so does Red Dead, probably one of the finest imaginings of the Frontier in any medium.

Now, if you're like me, and find Wild West shit unbelievably boring, then that's all wasted on you and the game is less for it, but Rockstar clearly did a bang-up job bringing that world to life.

I kind of take issue with Jeff's objection because the word "heel" as a substitute for "bad guy" is a pretty common term outside of Sports Entertainment

babyface though

Red Dead has some of the best gunplay in a third person shooter and certainly within the context of an open world game. Great hit reactions(shoot someone in their knee they stumble/massive exit wounds/etc) and a good speed to the combat including contextual melee finishers to avoid awkward close up encounters.

Still don't understand why GTA V regressed in so many ways. Guess you can blame the missing contextual animations on Euphoria getting bought out/aging systems but why remove the melee system *shrug*

Zaph

I don't want to know how many hours I put into the Xbox version of PSO. Never got used to that awful 2 second voice lag, wtf was that about?

Also, you could do some really mean things to people thanks to save hacking.

Brashnir

None of the bolded would be anywhere near my game of the generation list.

Opinions, man.

that buck bumble remix reminds me

there was talk last night of a lockdown remix on the trackmania server.

jeff purported that if one were added it would actually break something.

an admin said he'd add it if someone made one.

get to work, skilled producers

Jabronium

So I finally took the plunge and got a premium membership. Love being able to go back and catch up on all the stuff I've heard about but haven't been able to watch.

Question on the store--do shirts (like this year's members shirt) typically get restocked, even if just periodically? My size is sold out on my favorites.

Brashnir

that buck bumble remix reminds me

there was talk last night of a lockdown remix on the trackmania server.

jeff purported that if one were added it would actually break something.

an admin said he'd add it if someone made one.

get to work, skilled producers

I want a Buck Bumble/Lockdown mashup.

Myggen

So I finally took the plunge and got a premium membership. Love being able to go back and catch up on all the stuff I've heard about but haven't been able to watch.

Question on the store--do shirts (like this year's members shirt) typically get restocked, even if just periodically? My size is sold out on my favorites.

Yeah, they should get restocked. Hit up support@giantbomb.com or @frailgesture on Twitter to ask him if there's a time frame on it.

edit: Speaking of Rorie:

Matthew Rorie ‏@frailgesture 3 hours ago

proud to announce and commence my twitter feud with @EmergencyPuppy some of their puppies are not all that cute tbh

Brashnir

Just for the record, your username is awesome, and most likely Dave Lang-approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom