• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strax

It'd be nice if the GB video player didn't consistently shit itself after 30-40 minutes:p

That's the only real downside of premium vids. Subscribers effectively get a worst playback experience of YouTube is available.

Anyway, a refresh fixes it, whatever.

I play all premium videos as mp4 in the browser, never fails.

sirap

Same here, no problems at all with HTML5 videos when played with Chrome. Loading circle never goes away on Safari though.

Mupod

oh man I need to finish Y0 tonight before Nioh tomorrow but I might just spend some time watching these idiots play it. And who am I kidding, I've got another week of getting distracted by minigames before I'm done with this shit.

I hope Dan hands Alex the controller for the disco stuff. Good god have I ever spent a lot of time on that shit.

But yeah even 2 hour videos every week...at least Kiwami will be out by the time they're done, lol.

Everyone's getting horny in the Yakuza series.

Just ask Patrick Klepek.
C3dk7IPWIAALWXH.jpg

popo

I kinda wish GB wouldn't let's play new games. I an not saying they shouldn't - just personally, I might want to play this game in the future. Older games, say at least a year, I would have already played it or given up on it by then.

I'll have you know that Patrick isn't into that sort of thing.

Judge a man not by the contents of his twitter but by his browser history.

Not referencing Pat but more a general rule for life.

Yakuza 0 seems like it would have been a amazing Endurance Run game in the Persona 4 ER sense.

Its 50+ hours long. Its Japanese as fuuuuck. Its charming and goofy.

I hope they do the start of Chapter 3 on camera because that was great.

popo

Dan really was that reviewer who would play a couple of hours of a game and then knock out some shitty review in as short a time as possible.

He clearly doesn't do that now but I think he should stop boasting about how many games he has reviewed if most of them are of the Yakuza 3 type. :D

Yakuza 0 seems like it would have been a amazing Endurance Run game in the Persona 4 ER sense.

I have seen ppl complaining, mostly on GB forums, that this isn't a daily ER. Would it really have been better if they filmed two hours and then split it over 5 days?

Most of the ppl moaning are premium so it isn't that.

Last night in Yakuza I infiltrated and broke up a cult and then 5 minutes later I was giving someone advice on public services and the role of taxation.

Yakuza 0 is pretty good.

As a Yakuza fan, is the first episode of the Beast in the East frustrating? In that it's time-wasty?

This was the camel that was going to break the back in terms of whether or not I'd give premium sub of GB a try, but Y0 starts slow anyway, and if it's not all that fun in the first episode I could hold till next week.

Alex and Dan being fun and hilarious helps as well.

word

you'd think since like half of what SEGA is now is the PC market they'd be better about porting their Japanese shit

kind of boils down to both SoJ and SoA not giving a shit about PC so it's up to the one dude working in a basement in Europe to try to convince them it's worthwhile

daveo42

Banned
Solo Queue was a neat idea. Boring video overall, but something that is at least an interesting look at how many of these games are actual graveyards. It also let me know that Tap Titans 2 is a thing that I need to have on my phone.

15 minutes into it and it's making me want to just go buy Y0 myself.
Man, I wish it was on PC.

Yup, this is fantastic. I wish I had the time to dig into these games.

Mupod

Dan really was that reviewer who would play a couple of hours of a game and then knock out some shitty review in as short a time as possible.

He clearly doesn't do that now but I think he should stop boasting about how many games he has reviewed if most of them are of the Yakuza 3 type. :D

I think the only review of Dan's I ever went back and read was Monster Hunter Tri, and 3 hours would be a pretty generous estimate even though that game starts slow as fuck. It's actually pretty funny how vague and unspecific the review is.

Still, most reviews of MH games from before 3 Ultimate were that bad because reviewers just completely dismissed the series. I honestly believe the quick look of Tri's demo is hands down the worst quick look of all time. Meanwhile Patrick actually giving 3U a chance made for one of my favorites.

BearPawB

Banned
I finished Yakuza 0 and it is an amazing experience start to finish.
One of the better stories i've played through in an long time.

Kimaka

Last night in Yakuza I broke up a cult and then 5 minutes later I was giving someone advice on public services and the role of taxation.

Yakuza 0 is pretty good.

I sang, danced, and embarrassed myself to distract a crowd so that a statue performer could take a piss break. I wish I could have played this series sooner.

Nerokis

I finished Yakuza 0 and it is an amazing experience start to finish.
One of the better stories i've played through in an long time.

Around 13 hours in, and I'm loving it so goddamn much.

But now, it's time for another stop and search. Huh... I knew it! I knew you were carrying something special, Kiryu-san: a kind heart.

So much cheese. So much heart.

Also, did a quick check in on Beast in the East, and Vinny's presence makes me pretty happy. It would have been cruel to deprive him of Yakuza 0 after forcing him to play through Shenmue.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I never liked Banjo Kazooie.

I think people that think its better than Mario 64 are fucking insane. Mario 64 is one of the greatest controlling games of all time.

♫ do you wanna buy some b-roll ♫
every damn time i see the video title

I wish I were more excited for Yooka-Laylee. I was the perfect age for that era of platformer and I'd love to have a good One Of Those, but bland really is the right word for YL's look. Hopefully the level design is good enough to shine through the visuals. (But I'm also kind of wary of A Hat in Time, so maybe I'm just an old person who hates everything.)

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
That Poi QL makes it painfully obvious that GBeast needs somebody to keep them on subject. 75% of the QL is random chatter which I enjoy during the podcast but not so much during a QL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom