• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's hard to watch the Yakuza thing and not constantly think 'oh you have no idea'

like 'are there good loan sharks' wait for yakuza 4

chogidogs

I'm so glad I decided to play Yakuza 0 before them. If this blows their minds, we have alot of awesome stuff to look forward to.

Love this game. I didn't think a game this dense could exist in the modern era. Definitely looking forward to Kiwami next.

It's hard to watch the Yakuza thing and not constantly think 'oh you have no idea'

like 'are there good loan sharks' wait for yakuza 4
Good loan shark? More like the best loan shark.
y32teNB.jpg

Mupod

20 seconds in and Dan has already brought up Metal Gear. Check.

Hitman and Yakuza are actually both series that I wasn't interested in until I learned of their unrealistic goofy side. Just like metal gear which plays it straight on the surface while having tons of silly shit.

Hitman and Yakuza are actually both series that I wasn't interested in until I learned of their unrealistic goofy side. Just like metal gear which plays it straight on the surface while having tons of silly shit.

Brad and Dan sold me on Hitman with those first episodes. Watching Mary play Yakuza on a UPF a couple of weeks ago made me really want to play it. It looked legit.

Metal Gear isn't a game that I give a lot of acclaim, if I'm being honest. It's not that I don't like it, it's that they mostly don't interest me. I played through a lot of 4, but I never finished it. Thought 5 looked cool, but I haven't gotten around to it. Listening to Dan over the years is probably the most I've been exposed to the series. His enthusiasm for the series is great.

TraBuch

Banned
Aren't the Yakuza games only like 30 hours long? That won't take them nearly as long as people here are saying it will.
Once you factor in the ridiculous amount of sub stories and minigames, which are some of the best parts of the games, it's literally double that at the minimum.

All it took was one episode to convince me that I should just buy and play Yakuza 0.

Still gotta get through Dark Souls 3 first though... and then Persona soon...

Aren't the Yakuza games only like 30 hours long? That won't take them nearly as long as people here are saying it will.

If you only focus on the story content then they tend to all fall in at about 20-30 hours, getting into side content can blow the playtime up to around the 100 hour mark.

GBeast won't hit that but given that they do want to do some side content I wouldn't be surprised if the playthrough ended up being about 50 hours long.

I wish they started with Yakuza 1 and did it in released order.

This is like playing MGS3 first.

But that would mean playing the PS2 version of Yakuza 1 which seems like a poor choice when there's a remake due out in a few months.

yeah if they (or anyone) skip the substories in Yakuza games, they're doing themselves a massive disservice. that's where many of the best and most memorable parts are found. If you're not setting in for the long haul with those games I'm not sure what you even want out of them. a sub-optimal experience?

that isn't to say that you have to play all the arcade games or whatever, but you should really do the substories

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I would not be surprised if we see a substantial break between Yakuza games if they go into/past the 50+ hr mark.

Lunar FC

"There's not enough content baghhh!!"

*new video series comes out*

"There's going to be too much content bahhhh!!!"

��������

Too much content I barely even want to watch. You think that's going to stay interesting for years?

����������������������������������������������������������

You make that sound like a bad thing.

And it's more like five years of content if they do one video a week.

Yeah that sounds like a more accurate time frame. At least if it takes that long they can play the inevitable remakes of everything rather than the originals.

BearPawB

Banned

I finished in 33 hours, but i missed A LOT of side content.
There is a lot in this game to get absorbed in.

But yes, if they stuck to the story/did sidequests only when randomly wandering into them, then yeah, 30 hours is doable

I never skipped a subquest, but i definitely didn't run into all of them.

And honestly the story gets so good I felt really compelled to finish it

Damn, I might just have to buy NiOh tonight after all. Game looks really good.

Yeah for some reason I'm super hyped for it. I think it's a combination of being disappointed with the gameplay of Gravity Rush 2, and my need to play a challenging linear action game a la Devil May Cry/Ninja Gaiden before the glut of open world games in March.

ev0

Hope they get into ppcket car racing

I was going to do some story missions last night, then I ran into this place. I had gotten Ultimate God Speed Gears out of my first vending machine try but didn't know what it was for.

I was just going to do few races, but then I did more....then I got wrapped up in other drama there...this game lol

popo

Unless Dan or Alex learn to handle video production I imagine he will keep being there.

He can still be in the office to start it and stop the recording - while getting on with all the admin and prep work he talks about having to do.

They certainly talked Vinny up as a "guest appearance" in this ep.

I reeeeally hope they don't play all the games. Thats like 2 years of yakuza content. :/

Likely longer if they do side stuff and keep this pace.

I mean. it takes as long as it takes. The games are not going anywhere. I imagine they will go until they get bored, the audience gets bored, they run out of games, one of them leaves the site,
CBS shuts them down or Trump starts WW3

Lunar FC

Likely longer if they do side stuff and keep this pace.

I mean. it takes as long as it takes. The games are not going anywhere. I imagine they will go until they get bored, the audience gets bored, they run out of games, one of them leaves the site,
CBS shuts them down or Trump starts WW3

Just don't want it be another mgs5 situation where both the duders and viewers wanted the series to be finished.

popo

That Jaffe game is out in April.

I hope he goes all Trump/Spicer attacking the press and calling reviews fake news.

Just don't want it be another mgs5 situation where both the duders and viewers wanted the series to be finished.

Maybe. Will have to see how it goes. Hopefully they are open to changing plans if it starts to drag on.

If they put out multiple eps a week there would be people complaining that nearly every premium feature out of East was Yakuza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom