• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

I'm 60 hours into Yakuza 0, still have 4 chapters remaining and I'm maybe 2/3 done the sidequests. But I'm playing on hard and I finished both the real estate and cabaret storylines, the latter of which are the most time consuming things in the game.

Maybe someone should tell Jeff that the real estate in Yakuza 0 is basically a clicker.

I was going to do some story missions last night, then I ran into this place. I had gotten Ultimate God Speed Gears out of my first vending machine try but didn't know what it was for.

I was just going to do few races, but then I did more....then I got wrapped up in other drama there...this game lol

Kiryu's reactions when winning a race or his car going off the track are just the greatest thing. Also the sidequests for that place are something else.

Tagyhag

But that would mean playing the PS2 version of Yakuza 1 which seems like a poor choice when there's a remake due out in a few months.

Speaking of, is there anything regarding Yakuza 2 or are they going to have to play the PS2 version? That's going to look weird if it's the only non-modern game in the series.

Yeah I bought Yakuza 0 this weekend and played a ton all weekend so I can stay ahead of Dan and Alex.

Don't regret it at all. It's great. the last game in the series I played was 3

Venfayth

After hearing that Vinny wouldn't be in the Yakuza 0 series that GBeast is doing, I am pleased to find that

zAdwE.png

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
really hope the 1 a week format doesn't lead to the guys mainlining yakuza zero. Its one of those games where the side content and side activities set up a tone that makes the whole game 10x more enjoyable.

Meneses

BitE was great, too bad it's only once a week :(

Pleasantly surprised to see Vinny there, but the way they introduced him (special guest, or something like that) makes me think he won't always be there, which is a slight bummer because Vinagawa needs to be in everything.

Glad they're liking it, this game is awesome and gets really crazy dumb.

Can't wait for them to get to Chapter 3.

So, remember when (back before Dan was hired (or maybe it was Austin)) people were so certain that Jared Rosen was the new hire? Well, I don't know how sudden it was, but today they did their final Hot Pepper Gaming video (the comments are filled with stunned people). I wonder if he was a finalist in 2014 (or 2015) and now he's a finalist again.

Mr. F

Banned
So, remember when (back before Dan was hired (or maybe it was Austin)) people were so certain that Jared Rosen was the new hire? Well, I don't know how sudden it was, but today they did their final Hot Pepper Gaming video (the comments are filled with stunned people). I wonder if he was a finalist in 2014 (or 2015) and now he's a finalist again.

Wouldn't that be super premature with how allegedly early in the process they are?

Wouldn't that be super premature with how allegedly early in the process they are?

Probably. I just remembered how sure many people were that he was the hire back then. I think he tweeted some stuff that fueled the fire. It's just weird timing that the main thing he's known for is ending at the same time Giant Bomb is hiring. Probably a coincidence, but in the crazy chance that I predicted something correctly, remember that I called it!

Dan should probably let the voice lines finish before they move on to the next line...

But then again, I'm guilty of this at home.

It just feel abrupt.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm really tempted by Yakuza 0 but man... Between this, Zelda, Mass Effect and Horizon... Shit, I'm not made of money!

I'm already probably skipping Horizon (if I can resist...).

I should have skipped FF15 instead, I barely played it.

daveo42

Banned
Dan probably shouldn't have a kid unless it's made from nacho cheese and ground beef product.

Dan should probably let the voice lines finish before they move on to the next line...

But then again, I'm guilty of this at home.

It just feel abrupt.

It's probably for the sake of time and/or keeping things moving. I personally let the VO finish before moving on, but that's just me.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Dan probably shouldn't have a kid unless it's made from nacho cheese and ground beef product.

It's probably for the sake of time and/or keeping things moving. I personally let the VO finish before moving on, but that's just me.

If it's actual spoken dialogue I let it finish, but otherwise I read much faster than the game puts on the dialogue, which highlights a pet peeve of mine with this game. You can't skip into the next set of dialogue until whatever character animation was associated with the previous text has finished. I understand the desire to keep the artistic integrity of the cinematic and character interactions intact but it's just a little annoying.

Mupod

Bakalar made me nervous about Horizon... I always trust a man who can review a smart-fridge seriously

as someone who can't stand basically anything ubisoft puts out these days I'm a bit concerned at the far cry comparisons as well. But shit I got a preorder for like 48 bucks canadian it's hard to drop that.

I don't know anything about the difficulty settings it has on offer, I'm assuming it has them at least. Not expecting monster hunter or anything but I'm hoping there's a way to make it hard enough to be interesting.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I would love a Beast in the East |OT| in gaming. I mean, this is going to be a fun ride, especially with weekly episodes to check in on.

ev0

If it wasn't for Mary on UPF playing it (and then all the great reactions on GAF) I probably never would have played Yakuza 0.

So I guess something good has come from UPF lately

daveo42

Banned
Ohhhh, this thread is now filled with Yakuza believers. Welcome welcome!

The only thing stopping me from playing it at this point is free time to play. I haven't even finished Gravity Rush 2 yet and I've only put about 40hrs in. I don't have time for another 50+ game with Horizon and Persona 5 coming up. Hell, Persona 5 will become my 2nd full time job and it'll still take me a month to beat.

Curufinwe

The only thing stopping me from playing it at this point is free time to play. I haven't even finished Gravity Rush 2 yet and I've only put about 40hrs in. I don't have time for another 50+ game with Horizon and Persona 5 coming up. Hell, Persona 5 will become my 2nd full time job and it'll still take me a month to beat.

I just finished RE7, apart from Madhouse difficulty which can wait, so I picked Nioh over Y0.

Right now I need a chill game I can play while catching up on my GB backlog.

I just finished RE7, apart from Madhouse difficulty which can wait, so I picked Nioh over Y0.

Right now I need a chill game I can play while catching up on my GB backlog.

I started playing Linelight based on that dude's recommendation on the Bombcast and I like it a lot. Super chill line puzzle game on Steam.

Scizzy

My memory is that the only thing linking him to GB was that he posted on Twitter that he was taking a new job around when GB was going to fill the position. I don't think there's any reason to think he was a finalist.

Sakwoff

HPG wasn't his job though. That was just a fun thing those three did on the side, and they decided to stop before it peters out. I think Jared works at Riot? Doubt that he's itching to go into games media.

They use real actors' faces for a large portion of the main characters, although not for the protagonists I believe since they were designed before they used performance capture, in the PS2 era.

there was a real funny gap for a couple of years where Kiryu looked like anime as everybody got progressively more human around him, but they've kind of caught up now.

I can no longer watch GB videos for some reason. They play for a little bit then abruptly stop and show the big play button again. When I hit play they go back to the beginning. If I seek to the part I was at it immediately stops

I've tried both the HTML5 and progressive players.

Mr. F

Banned

This is my problem as well, the next couple months are super stacked and the Canadian dollar continues to tank so I want to be super certain of the games I want to pick up. As cool as yakuza looks I'll probably wait on it in favour of Zelda/persona/mass effect.

I can no longer watch GB videos for some reason. They play for a little bit then abruptly stop and show the big play button again. When I hit play they go back to the beginning. If I seek to the part I was at it immediately stops

What are you watching on? I find the PS4 browser has a lot of issues with the player compared to watching on mobile or PC

jambo

Adblock?

Have you tried multiple browsers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom