• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anjin M

I had the exact same reaction to Kuze that Vinny did

The bad guys in 0 are the first good villains in the series since 2. Not counting Hamazaki since he wasn't the 'main' villain
The three lieutenants each look amazing. A bunch of the characters look great in that game.

Alex at least gave up in the middle of his bit about most Japanese people not using two of the three alphabets.
One thing I appreciate about Alex is that he usually realizes when he's talking out of his ass.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
'I want to fight him on a rooftop at the end of this game'

its like... Dan you can't realize how much this series is the kind of stuff you want to do

Kinda wish we had a video feed for the Beastcast. Sure we can't get live but prerecorded would be cool.

It would be another W for Team Beast.

I'm probably asking too much.

I've really glad at how ep1 turned out. Some things I'd have feedback on though...

- Dan hasn't seem to realise the Heat Action trigger points. There's a small amount of timing and patience needed to line up heat moves, and he's being way too aggresive to not see that you can heat move downed enemies or that practically every weapon has unique heat moves.

- I respect and agree the whole "going blind" thing, but there are things that honestly, they should not absolutely miss which there are possibilities that they might in a regular playthrough due to where the sidequest triggers are located. Miracle Johnson, for example.

Yakuza 0 gets a little uncanny valley if you've watched Takashi Miike gangster movies.

The three lieutenants each look amazing. A bunch of the characters look great in that game.

They're all modelled after the actors who voice them (who appear in a bunch of Yakuza movies) so it works pretty well.

y6yNd3Z.png

For those that are having problems watching GB on Roku

Do the mongoloids at waypoint actually play video games or do they just jerk off to screenshots and fanfic of them?

I also find some of Waypoint's recent output disappointing - particularly as the site is home to top tier personalities. In terms of quality, recent articles are lowest common denominator and borderline clickbaity. I too want them to be above that kind of stuff, but they are better way to highlight your grievances than tossing about insults.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I also find some of Waypoint's recent output disappointing - particularly as the site is home to top tier personalities. In terms of quality, recent articles are lowest common denominator and borderline clickbaity. I too want them to be above that kind of stuff, but they are better way to highlight your grievances than tossing about insults.

What do you consider clickbaity out of the articles on the page currently?

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us

Or are you just talking about stuff people cherrypick on this thread?

Beast in the East is awesome, can't wait for more. Wish it was more frequent but I definitely understand why they are doing it this way. Glad it is a big episode at a time though! If I had more time I would get Y0 myself because it looks super awesome but yea haha. Too many other games to play

What do you consider clickbaity out of the articles on the page currently?

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us

Or are you just talking about stuff people cherrypick on this thread?

Hottest Daddies and Pokemon Fucking are the most egregious recent examples. I do think a lot of my distaste came from how they ran their Twitter account, which I gave up on following a few weeks back. Even if 90% of the content is good, having a few standouts I dislike gives me a bad feeling of the whole company. I understand having a broad range of topics, and I 100% understand covering subjects other sites may/can not, but the few I dislike are the ones I fail to understand why they exist and/or were published,

Yes, it may be the cherry picked ones, but there is a reason they were singled out from the others.

Jeff's reaction to Cosmo/Comet (the gamer girl archetype in the dontnod game) in the Solo Queue video is one of the funniest things I've seen ever.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Hottest Daddies and Pokemon Fucking are the most egregious recent examples. I do think a lot of my distaste came from how they ran their Twitter account, which I gave up on following a few weeks back. Even if 90% of the content is good, having a few standouts I dislike gives me a bad feeling of the whole company. I understand having a broad range of topics, and I 100% understand covering subjects other sites may/can not, but the few I dislike are the ones I fail to understand why they exist and/or were published,

Yes, it may be the cherry picked ones, but there is a reason they were singled out from the others.

And that's fine if you think the few examples of it are enough to leave a distaste for you, but I find this thread's tendency to charactarise waypoint as nothing but that disingenuous at best, malicious at worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom