• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerokis

I've really glad at how ep1 turned out. Some things I'd have feedback on though...

Yeah, episode 1 was fantastic.

The one thing that annoyed me, though, was how much difficulty Dan seemed to be having not speeding through the dialogue. I understand he's probably habitualized playing games a certain way, and also can't just let every single scene drag on, but Alex even expressed he was having trouble just keeping up. It'd be nice for Dan to slow down enough that people don't feel pressured to be 100% focused on the text, and so that scenes are allowed to have a basic flow more often than not.

Anjin M

Why does everybody like these terrible Yakuza cutscenes? They're boring af.

I actually think they hit the crime drama aesthetic pretty well. I've been impressed with how it marries pulp conventions to a modern video game. Obviously that's not for everyone, but wow, it really works for me as a pulp crime fiction fan.

I'm sure someone will answer this but it will still be wrong.

tumblr_inline_nmylrbJmVr1qjv6xw_500.gif

Lunar FC

Yakuza 0 question:

Why is Kazama rewarding the person who gets the empty lot for him his own position. Makes zero sense.

Yakuza 0 question:

Why is Kazama rewarding the person who gets the empty lot for him his own position. Makes zero sense.

It's not Kazama rewarding the person. The boss above Kazama( Hierarchy is Boss>Captain>3 Lieutenants) is rewarding anyone who gets that lot for the family. So there's someone above Kazama.

Lunar FC

It's not Kazama rewarding the person. The boss above Kazama( Hierarchy is Boss>Captain>3 Lieutenants) is rewarding anyone who gets that lot for the family. So there's someone above Kazama.

Ahhh, okay. Have they even said his name?

Edit: Is it just Dojima?

Edit 2: Keyser Soze name drop on the beastcast. ��

Meguro

Banned
There's so much stuff I can't wait for them to see.
All the minigames, some of the side quests,
Majimas introduction
the recurring fights against Kuze
etc.

I liked the first episode a lot outside of Dan's frenetic pace to the dialogue. I think I just want to get and play the game myself though because it looks great and then come back to the series.

Beast's chemistry is soooooooooo fucking good though. Between the content they are producing and the Beastcast it really feels a lot like prime 2010/11 GB to me again.

Mr. F

Banned
Back from drunk karaoke and y'all are my favourite complainers this side of gaf. Never change.

Ps. What are your go to karaoke songs.

What does Brad do even

Jintor

i've never done bar karaoke and it always amazes me when americans are like BOOTH KARAOKE WHAT NONSENSE IS THIS

yanks i tell you

Mr. F

Banned
i've never done bar karaoke and it always amazes me when americans are like BOOTH KARAOKE WHAT NONSENSE IS THIS

yanks i tell you

I comfortably fall in the middle space of yank custom without the full commitment (Canadian). Haven't yet tried the booth type but I know it to be super popular here and would love to give it a shot

Jintor

one of my fondest night in japan was like 10 foreigners all-you-can-drink karaoke at 3 in the morning in some karaoke joint in the middle of a country town that looked like the shattered remnants of the 90s bubble economy

another one was wandering around osaka streets at 5:30 in the morning as the sun rose following an all-night session where nobody slept. 6am ramen is good ramen

Mr. F

Banned
one of my fondest night in japan was like 10 foreigners all-you-can-drink karaoke at 3 in the morning in some karaoke joint in the middle of a country town that looked like the shattered remnants of the 90s bubble economy

another one was wandering around osaka streets at 5:30 in the morning as the sun rose following an all-night session where nobody slept. 6am ramen is good ramen

I really fucking need to get to Japan jesus christ

Jintor

Dan doing his 'ask lots of questions that he doesn't really care about' japanese culture and alex even attempting to explain them will get old quickly though

and probably way offensive.

でもね、ダンさんは馬鹿みたいだから、しょうがないね。

I really fucking need to get to Japan jesus christ

the best part about the mid-country karaoke joint was that you had to physically walk outside the air-con foyer to the karaoke booth rooms through sweltering summer heat. it was literally in the middle of fields of rice paddies and a highway.

the foyer had a really shitty arcade full of UFO catchers and old arcade machines from the 90s along with an inexplicably more modern ddr machine and a standing ramen bar that wasn't open

also everywhere has all-you-can-drink karaoke, but it's watered down as fuck

でもね、ダンさんは馬鹿みたいだから、しょうがないね。

Dan's food hang ups and naivete about most things, while entertaining, used to annoy me a little bit until I realized that there is a chance a good portion of it is due to his anxiety issues. Once I thought of it as a gosh darned handicap I'm able to appreciate those qualities more. (I could be completely wrong but it works for me)

As someone with a degree in the language (and hasn't used it "professionally" in 10 years) my instinct is to immediately email/tweet at them but I figure 100s of others are already doing that.

I used to day dream about applying to GB and being their "Japan guy" but if they knew all the secrets of the moon culture and language it would probably ruin some of their charm.

No_Style

I'm playing Yakuza 0 right now and I have a thing against watching people play games that I'm actively playing so... no Beast in the East for me :(

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Hi, Giant Bomb GAF, new here. I like video games and Giant Bomb. Is this the right place for people like myself?

Well, the next couple of months will be people speculating about who the new hire is, so if you are into reading way too much into random tweets, you'll have one great time here.

so who was complaining about there being too much banter in the Poi video

what else is there to say about the game after 5 minutes with it and you realize it's a pretty standard Mario 64 clone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom