• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
lthbM9x.png

Jeff Gerstmann from videogames.com on a special episode of Gamespot TV covering the launch of the Dreamcast.

The late 90s early 2000s were ON FIRE!

Uw8CxzJ.gif

Phediuk

8/19/2008 Bombcast

Jeff is staunchly opposed to the unionization of video game developers, because it might be "the end of video games as we know them."

*watches Poi quick look* dang this looks like a kinda janky low budget platformer

*watches new Yooka Laylee footage* dang this doesn't look that much better than Poi

Mupod

Of course Dan just stumbles into a fucking Ruby Plate immediately. Wonder how long until he figures out it's worth 10 million.

Also when I found Mountain Dew in the game all I could think about was how much Dan would get a kick out of that. Figures he somehow just sniffed it out like a bloodhound and found it instantly.

BitE confirms my suspicion that Yakuza is one of those games I love to watch but would hate to play.

why is that?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
why is that?

I'm not into those "over the top crazy" games. Don't like Saint's Row 3, don't like Just Cause 3, don't like most Platinum games. Obviously Yakuza isn't exactly like those games but it falls into the same category for me. Just not my cup of tea. Fun to watch tho.

convo

I'm trying. :(

Also kind of sucks that I can't have it on in the background and know what people are saying.

Well yeah unless one of them gives the play by play of what's happening on screen you won't have it that easy.
Starting out you won't really have a grasp on the stakes nor any knowledge of the characters,there is a handy notebook in the game menu that does explain the characters if the crew ever gets too confused. This game is pretty good with its drama and it won't lack funny moments.

oti

Banned
did that character in Jeff's multiplayer lobby art piece format just say "YOLO LOSERS!"

this game should be erased from the internet

Aw man, I totally missed Nick Robinson being on UPF. Was it good?

Drew fucked with his Framemeister for about five minutes before it breaks and they don't actually get to play any games using it.

Nick brought in a cool rhythm game but they spent more time setting that up than actually playing it.

Brad played the opening half-hour of a Japanese RPG.

Jeff showed off the Dennys 2600 for about five minutes but wasn't able to show it in action.

Zaph

*Jeff and Nick talk about arcades in Japan for 10 minutes*

Jeff: "Brad, you were over there a lot and saw that stuff right?"

Brad: "Over where?"

All Brad jokes aside, he has been pretty quiet and distant in videos recently. The latest Game Tapes was Jeff and Drew for 95% of the time.

Really enjoyed the last Bombcast w/ Peter Brown and the talk about preserving Retro Gaming. Anyone know if Peter Brown has his own Podcast or anything like that?

Scizzy

The Solo Queue video isn't appointment viewing or anything, but it's kind of a fascinating snapshot of this moment in gaming history.

Given they have completely gutted and replaced their video back end, the transition has been pretty smooth, jank UPF aside. The shows definitely look a lot better too.

Good job Jason.

Now they just need to get that guy to send in custom transitions for the new software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom