• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been able to reliably open GB live streams anymore. Firefox, Chrome, or IE, updated Flash. It just hangs at 3 of the 4 square bars on the loading screen. Ugh.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I don't even get what's so great about that name to be honest...

It's not like it's Miles Prower. Now that is a name.

derFeef

I don't even get what's so great about that name to be honest...

It's not like it's Miles Prower. Now that is a name.

It's too meta for us ordinary Gaint Bomb people, only the hipster Waypoint audience can understand.

I am sorry...

Teddified

Dan: Thanks to Neill for this awesome gift commemorating The Run!

C4FY0QWWQAAo9gL.jpg
C4FY0QaXUAASmS4.jpg

I think Clickers™, Old Games™, and Custom Old Game Hardware™ are the trifecta of things I find hardest to enjoy in GB coverage.

Edit: Though ultimately I follow these guys BECAUSE of how up front they are with what they like, so I'd never ask them to change, it's just been a killer instinct combo of 'not for me'.

Lunar FC

Why do y'all always want the most boring people to be the new hire?

I think it's time we get our first duddette, west needs energy so badly.

justjim89

I gave up on Fire Emblem Heroes when they put me in a 4 vs. 5 battle with one of my dudes closed off in a room with a boss character. Felt unbalanced and unfair.

Wunder

I think Clickers™, Old Games™, and Custom Old Game Hardware™ are the trifecta of things I find hardest to enjoy in GB coverage.

Edit: Though ultimately I follow these guys BECAUSE of how up front they are with what they like, so I'd never ask them to change, it's just been a killer instinct combo of 'not for me'.

Same. I don't have the nostalgia for the Old Games and hardware, and I got over the clicker fad after the cookie and text/ascii based one. Still, I prefer any content over no content.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I gave up on Fire Emblem Heroes when they put me in a 4 vs. 5 battle with one of my dudes closed off in a room with a boss character. Felt unbalanced and unfair.

HA! Its funny because that map is a throw back to Fates when they do exactly that. They lock your MC in a room with Ryoma/Xander (in Birthright/Conquest), and make it accessible to your allies but in a hassle way. So you gotta run around the room if you can't survive in a toe to toe match up. This felt pretty similar.

convo

I'm not into those "over the top crazy" games. Don't like Saint's Row 3, don't like Just Cause 3, don't like most Platinum games. Obviously Yakuza isn't exactly like those games but it falls into the same category for me. Just not my cup of tea. Fun to watch tho.

I don't think Yakuza goes as blockbuster movie crazy as Platinum or Just Cause but it sure is a series filled with goofy stuff and serious moments when it needs them. As long as it is entertaining for people to watch, this site feature should show off the good things about this game series. If the crew manged to take on Deadly Premonition and Shenmue, this should be a good ride.

Mupod

It put him in with my 5* Lyn. I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with ME

Stars are separate from character level, right? I still don't understand the rarity metagame bullshit.

Yes, stars are basically overall effectiveness. Higher stars have better stats, gain more stats upon leveling, etc. Might get better abilities but not sure on that in this game, in other gache they do though. 5* is the best, 1* is the worst.

Is Jeff just anti-Nintendo? Just watching the bombcast, and he'll go on about how tedious Fire Emblem Heroes is "I don't want to do this, and just uninstalled it"....yet he praises fucking clicker games all the time.

Is Jeff just anti-Nintendo? Just watching the bombcast, and he'll go on about how tedious Fire Emblem Heroes is "I don't want to do this, and just uninstalled it"....yet he praises fucking clicker games all the time.

Jeff took me as the kind of guy who likes seeing numbers go up

that's why he likes games like diablo and what not.

oti

Banned

Shhhhhh.

Real talk: Fire Emblem Heroes is a AAA mobile game.
Jeff is unpredictable.
He genuinely likes clicker garbage.

imBask

Banned

Clicker games take 5 seconds to set things up

i've been going through the tutorial for Fire Emblem Heroes in 1 minute chunks for the past week... I WANNA PLAY, Mobile games are stupid and I don't have that much time to waste on them

Jeff took me as the kind of guy who likes seeing numbers go up

that's why he likes games like diablo and what not.

He just always seems like he tries to find something to complain about with Nintendo products. I was rewatching the Switch video they did in NY last night, and hearing him complain about Nintendo's controllers just kept on making me scratch my head. There is nothing wrong with Wii U's pro controller, yet he talked like it's a piece of garbage. I am not one of those people who ever gave a shit about the 8.8 thing, I bought the game and didn't care about reviews.

He just always seems like he tries to find something to complain about with Nintendo products. I was rewatching the Switch video they did in NY last night, and hearing him complain about Nintendo's controllers just kept on making me scratch my head. There is nothing wrong with Wii U's pro controller, yet he talked like it's a piece of garbage. I am not one of those people who ever gave a shit about the 8.8 thing, I bought the game and didn't care about reviews.

Nah he complains about everything. He gave PSVR shit, PS4Pro shit, and now it's time to give the Switch shit. He'll give Scorpio shit when that time comes.

oti

Banned

Sure. But he also went out of his way to downplay Mario Maker's shortcomings. It goes both ways.

He's cynical and doesn't buy into hype until he gets his hands on something. He's like that with everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom