• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

bomma_man

In many countries it's required by law that companies cooperate with unions. You mentioned Ubisoft. In France, Ubisoft have employees who are unionized. They have 7 collective agreements.

Ubisofts Annual Investor Report from 2016, page 90.
uXo7aK1.png

kHQxnz0.png

Electronic Arts also have employees who are members of unions, namely DICE who developers of Battlefield games and the Frostbite engine.

"Approximately 8 percent of our employees, all of whom work for DICE, our Swedish development studio, are represented by a union."

Electronic Arts 2015 Annual Report, page 92.

Perhaps it's more common for European video game companies to be unionized.

Why These 10 Unionized Video Game Companies You Didn't Know Existed Will Chill You To The Bone With Their "Workplace Safety"

Rekt.

Anti labour anti union FUD is why America is such a shit hole for the workers.

kvothe

Indeed I am, long story SHORT. Getting a student visa to continue my studies for a masters degree proved to be a very lengthy procedure when it comes to the US(which doesn't make sense to me because it's just a student visa). I wasn't sure when my visa was going to be done so, I switched gears and applied to a university in Brighton(I got told by various people that the UK is quite quick when it comes to student visas). Thankfully, in one week I got my student visa and now I'm living here for the time being. Really enjoying my time here so far.

In an alternate universe, I'd probably be enjoying Denver as well, especially since I love the outdoors and all.

Ah, okay. Well, I'm glad you're enjoying yourself! Even if it's not in Denver.

I bet Brighton is actually cooler.

Anything to put on in the background, I'm cool with, but I've never understood how fighting games can be fun for more than half an hour at most. I usually play the single player storyline and have had more than enough and just never touch that game again.

In many countries it's required by law that companies cooperate with unions. You mentioned Ubisoft. In France, Ubisoft have employees who are unionized. They have 7 collective agreements.

Electronic Arts also have employees who are members of unions, namely DICE who are the developers of the Battlefield games and the Frostbite engine.

"Approximately 8 percent of our employees, all of whom work for DICE, our Swedish development studio, are represented by a union."

Electronic Arts 2015 Annual Report, page 92.

Perhaps it's more common for European video game companies to be unionized.

Why These 10 Unionized Video Game Companies You Didn't Know Existed Will Chill You To The Bone With Their "Workplace Safety"

Right, and those are only small sections of a whole company. Like I said, if it came to it, Ubisoft would outsource and send in some of their inhouse people to oversee projects. Dice being in a union doesn't mean it would work for all of EA itself. As for your Ubisoft example, the union representatives are only in place where they are required to as to French law, meaning it's not mandatory for all their studios worldwide.(And DICE probably isn't the best example, seeing as the majority of their games after Bad Company 2 are...mediocre). I would mark that Ubisofts games also tend to be mediocre alot of the time. Coincidence? I think not!!!!

I have yet to finish a PS4 game. It's only useful for playing blu-rays for me. I want to get The Last Guardian at some point, but I have way too much of a backlog for that to be a priority.

TraBuch

Banned
Anyone know if this Get Out movie is supposed to be somewhat of a comedy? Parts of the trailer look like it's going for a pretty silly vibe, then other parts look deadly serious. Also, Jordan Peele is directing it.

I asked about the Marrakesh night time mission in Hitman we never got a QL of. It might be too late but it's a nice bonus mission...

The fortune teller opportunity is especially brutal

Megasoum

Banned
All right, I got to the part in Yakuza where they stopped in the first video (to which I'm guessing is actually where the quicklook starts?). Enough for tonight but really enjoying the game so far (even if I still haven'T seen anything since since I watched the video)... Can't wait to get back to it tomorrow night.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Anyone know if this Get Out movie is supposed to be somewhat of a comedy? Parts of the trailer look like it's going for a pretty silly vibe, then other parts look deadly serious. Also, Jordan Peele is directing it.

a mix of horror/social commentary/comedy, but slanted more towards horror and social comedy.

I have a buddy who saw a test screening. said it's quite unlike anything Peele has done before and that's a very good thing.

Brad- "what!?"
Drew- "I did not know you could do that with those"
Jeff- "yeah its called docking, look it up."

vIkA3diFH.jpg

sounding.

killroy87

I liked it because I'll always watch Jeff talk for an hour, but I'm not sure how long the segment will last when he's actively searching for games he probably cant play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom