• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god the Drew meme has penetrated to "random cousin on Facebook tagging her friends in a screencap of the original tweet" levels-of-memery.

Lord help us.

Salarians

KE9hbqN.png

It's funny they took that golf question on the podcast and especially funny they (Jeff and Jason) named Neo Turf Masters as their favorite, because Shane Bettenhausen of PlayStation tweeted today that it's coming to PS4. Apparently carts for the game are super expensive on eBAY. If I were selling one, I'd lower the price to get it sold before they lose value.

So many of the 1-2-Switch's games seem arbitrary, like you'd get the same fun by playing pretend without the $50 cost. The soda game might be fun but go all in and add a Russian roulette game.

I bet Jeff would buy a Kontrol Freek jacket

I bet he had one in his garage, and he held it within the past 48 hours.

It's funny they took that golf question on the podcast and especially funny they (Jeff and Jason) named Neo Turf Masters as their favorite, because Shane Bettenhausen of PlayStation tweeted today that it's coming to PS4. Apparently carts for the game are super expensive on eBAY. If I were selling one, I'd lower the price to get it sold before they lose value.

Sometimes, even when a game like that goes digital the carts/discs keep their value.

I still own this thing...

RRbL4Nel.jpg

...and it currently seems to be at the highest eBay price ever.

I dont know why I check as I rarely sell games. I guess it feels good to know.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Followthemoney.tif

Phediuk

8/26/2008 Bombcast

Jeff thinks that Denis Dyack's feud with NeoGAF is a stroke of genius, because it got a lot more people talking about Too Human. He compares him to 50 Cent, while Ryan compares him to Keyser Soze. He thinks the negativity surrounding the game could translate into big sales.

Direct quote from Jeff: "He has made a moment in time so interesting; how could they not finish the trilogy at this point?"

He says he is excited for Too Human 2.

8/26/2008 Bombcast

Jeff thinks that Dens Dyack's feud with NeoGAF is a stroke of genius, because it got a lot more people talking about Too Human. He compares him to 50 Cent, while Ryan compares him to Keyser Soze. He thinks the negativity surrounding the game could translate into big sales.

Direct quote from Jeff: "He has made a moment in time so interesting; how could they not finish the trilogy at this point?"

He says he is excited for Too Human 2.

HA.

That's funny.

Right, and those are only small sections of a whole company. Like I said, if it came to it, Ubisoft would outsource and send in some of their inhouse people to oversee projects. Dice being in a union doesn't mean it would work for all of EA itself. As for your Ubisoft example, the union representatives are only in place where they are required to as to French law, meaning it's not mandatory for all their studios worldwide.(And DICE probably isn't the best example, seeing as the majority of their games after Bad Company 2 are...mediocre). I would mark that Ubisofts games also tend to be mediocre alot of the time. Coincidence? I think not!!!!
Wait, when did this turn into you being facetious?
Aren't DICE one of the most successful game studios around? Didn't Battlefield 1 do gang busters?

Or is your point because it might not be an amazing game, we should not want devs to unionise? Why is the quality of our entertainment (assuming there's a solid correlation) more important than a developers quality of life / life-work balance?

[Sorry if I've misunderstood]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom