• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

minty_ice

Banned
C-UX9Pwh6CH4s6BF9Ujm3N9f140Rcwan.png

LiK

I hate PAX now. It's just an interruption with the regular videos. I barely watch any of the PAX shows these days.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like they did more around PAX earlier, too. Like do a tour and check out some games. Pretty sure they completely stopped doing that.

Zaph

I don't mind PAX, I imagine catching up with people refuels their interest in the industy, but given how splintered Giant Bomb is now, I would prefer them to use travel opportunites to just film stuff with the gang together.

One Giant Bomb Policy for Switch stream pls

LiK

Yea, I would like them to do something together since they're meeting up at PAX. But I don't mean that PAX panel. I would like them to do maybe some other stuff together like they do with other events.

mcrommert

Banned
Listening to the Bombcast...sorry but the more Drew talks about halo the more i realize he knows nothing about Halo or Master Chief

Zaph

Listening to the Bombcast...sorry but the more Drew talks about halo the more i realize he knows nothing about Halo or Master Chief

When he was describing his ideal Master Chief/Cortana ending:

wY4dITt.gif

It literally sounded like some Matrix/Mass Effect 3 shit that would make fans flip out.

BearPawB

Banned
After not being into the Nioh demo or beta.
I bought the final game anyways because of good reviews...

And yeah, that is a good game.

That second boss Jason was talking about made me shout in joy when I finally took her down.

The story is nonsense, and the environments are bland compared to Dark Souls or Bloodborne, but the combat depth is great.

imBask

Banned
I have a ticket for PAX but I don't think i'm going. CAD to USD + the RIDONKULOUS prices for hotels/airbnb in Boston are too much

After not being into the Nioh demo or beta.
I bought the final game anyways because of good reviews...

And yeah, that is a good game.

That second boss Jason was talking about made me shout in joy when I finally took her down.

The story is nonsense, and the environments are bland compared to Dark Souls or Bloodborne, but the combat depth is great.

Yeah, same. Downloading it now. Also feel you on the environments/general aesthetic, but the combat alone looks good enough.

KingKong

There's something about the animations in Nioh that I don't like, they just look off

really though I wish they'd just make a proper Ninja Gaiden game instead of a Souls knockoff

You say that like there's anything to know about Master Chief.

Seeing the dumb fanfiction-tier story they went with in 5, Drew's ideas don't sound too crazy.

Sakwoff

You say that like there's anything to know about Master Chief.

Seeing the dumb fanfiction-tier story they went with in 5, Drew's ideas don't sound too crazy.

I remember playing Halo 3 on 360 and basically getting fuck-all plot-wise. Just tons of bullshit lore and meaningless exposition heaps.

Granted, jumping in at 3 might not have been the best move in that regard.

Enjoyed the game though.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
That's the funny thing about Halo. They started basically with "DOOM guy" and then had to make up the rest with every new game.

LiK

I have a ticket for PAX but I don't think i'm going. CAD to USD + the RIDONKULOUS prices for hotels/airbnb in Boston are too much

I can drive to it but I don't even bother trying to buy tickets anymore cuz the tickets sell out too fast. They put them on sale while I'm at work.

Hindl

So many of the 1-2-Switch's games seem arbitrary, like you'd get the same fun by playing pretend without the $50 cost. The soda game might be fun but go all in and add a Russian roulette game.

I bet he had one in his garage, and he held it within the past 48 hours.

Goddamnit I wish Nintendo had the balls to put that in

Mupod

so they're playing Nioh? I probably won't dive in until the weekend. But I can't imagine a game less suited to giantbomb than Nioh's alpha, it's come a long way since then.

I remember playing Halo 3 on 360 and basically getting fuck-all plot-wise. Just tons of bullshit lore and meaningless exposition heaps.

Granted, jumping in at 3 might not have been the best move in that regard.

Enjoyed the game though.

Halo's setting was really fleshed out, consistent and interesting (at least until Reach and onwards) but Bungie's storytelling in the games themselves was really bad. So Destiny, to me, was the least surprising game in the world.

Zaph

Is GTA Online one of those multiplayer games with in-game economies where people cheat a lot, get banned, and have to buy new copies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom