• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Anyway - am I alone in this thinking?
You're not alone and it has come up a few times. And they did actually mix it up with a few guests recently which I enjoyed, but I don't think the last Peter Brown episode was very popular (especially here).

Mr. F

Banned
You're not alone and it has come up a few times. And they did actually mix it up with a few guests recently which I enjoyed, but I don't think the last Peter Brown episode was very popular (especially here).

to be fair nothing is

Google

Yeah, I forgot about Peter. I enjoyed him on the 'cast because he went into some really interesting discussions about his collection and the things he goes through to procure items.

Also, to reiterate - Will Smith is fucking great.

ev0

The transformation of "man of the people" gary whitta into "erasing all the bad stuff I said about star warson gaf/getting free stuff on twitter/hollyworrd" garry whitta was always a little disappointing to me. At some point I enjoyed the old Tested podcasts more than the bombcasts

Mr. F

Banned
The transformation of "man of the people" gary whitta into "erasing all the bad stuff I said about star warson gaf/getting free stuff on twitter/hollyworrd" garry whitta was always a little disappointing to me. At some point I enjoyed the old Tested podcasts more than the bombcasts

Eh, dude always came off as deeply superficial and one who could dish shit out but not take it. Disappointing yeah, but wasn't incredibly surprising to me.

Google

Eh, dude always came off as deeply superficial and one who could dish shit out but not take it. Disappointing yeah, but wasn't incredibly surprising to me.

Yup. Entertaining when he was in control but deeply affected by something else when he was not the one being fawned upon.

UYhg03S.png

Strax

Gary has had my dream career for about 17 years.

Writing about games.
Writing about movies.
Writing games.
Writing movies.

and that's not even counting all the Whiskey Media stuff.

Having barely followed Tested at all, I'm interested in some examples of the before good GaryWhitta and the now bad Gary Whitta.

Meneses

Nioh must be doing alright, I went to my local Gamestop and Walmart / big outlet equivalents and it was sold out.

Granted, it might be due to having low stock to begin with. I didn't like the first demo but good word of mouth got me kinda interested in it.

i quit when Will quit. Norm is not entertaining without Will ribbing him.

I hung in there for months after Will, but it's just such a garbage podcast I stopped. Took the site out of my bookmarks a while ago too.

Having barely followed Tested at all, I'm interested in some examples of the before good GaryWhitta and the now bad Gary Whitta.

Old Tested podcast eps are still good. Gary kind of always did the "Someone give me a Steam code for [game]" thing. He always deleted the tweet after he got his code.

Catvoca

Banned
I don't know much about Whitta but he did a really interesting episode of Kinda Funny where he talked about the crazy lucky way that he got The Book of Eli sold that's well worth a listen.

ev0

Some of the other users here posted some personality quirks that he always had, but maybe more suppressed. The old Tested podcast had great chemistry and it was a good listen.

Maybe some things just look worse once you made it to a certain level? Like begging for a free steam code when you just a freelance writer vs posting on twitter asking for a free copy of titanfall while writing for star wars. Or lamenting that Mass Effect 3 CEs are sold out in an attempt to get someone to send it to you.

Of course I know some throw that criticism at Dan too....

Any baseball fans going to watch the 2017 World Baseball Classic? For those that don't know what that is, it's sort of baseball's version of the World Cup. The previous years were 2006, 2009, and 2013 (with Japan winning the first two and the Dominican Republic winning the most recent). America has never actually earned a medal (placing 4th in 2009). Japan is the only country to have earned a medal each time (2 golds, 1 bronze). It's beginning in March, but I believe the rosters are being announced tonight.

Lunar FC

Any baseball fans going to watch the 2017 World Baseball Classic? For those that don't know what that is, it's sort of baseball's version of the World Cup. The previous years were 2006, 2009, and 2013 (with Japan winning the first two and the Dominican Republic winning the most recent). America has never actually earned a medal (placing 4th in 2009). Japan is the only country to have earned a medal each time (2 golds, 1 bronze). It's beginning in March, but I believe the rosters are being announced tonight.

I would if the US didn't always get worked..

Do we actually bring our big guns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom