• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoveOven

Banned
Any baseball fans going to watch the 2017 World Baseball Classic? For those that don't know what that is, it's sort of baseball's version of the World Cup. The previous years were 2006, 2009, and 2013 (with Japan winning the first two and the Dominican Republic winning the most recent). America has never actually earned a medal (placing 4th in 2009). Japan is the only country to have earned a medal each time (2 golds, 1 bronze). It's beginning in March, but I believe the rosters are being announced tonight.

I'll probably watch a little bit, but my interest dropped considerably when Otani and Sanchez both decided not to play.

I would if the US didn't always get worked..

Do we actually bring our big guns?

I heard today on MLB Network that this year is supposed to be their best roster yet. I think in the past, many players were hesitant to participate due to missing Spring Training time, which is very understandable, considering that gets them prepared for their livelihood. I guess after three letdown performances, they want to prove themselves.

Lunar FC

I heard today on MLB Network that this year is supposed to be their best roster yet. I think in the past, many players were hesitant to participate due to missing Spring Training time, which is very understandable, considering that gets them prepared for their livelihood. I guess after three letdown performances, they want to prove themselves.

Would be cool to see my boi Arenado out theresies.

Jason is a very mumbly quick looker.

Nioh looks pretty dope, although I'm making my way through Dark Souls III right now so I'm not sure I'm up for another one of these games at the moment.

Google

I like Jason but I just don't think he's suited to full on on camera stuff.

Let me rephase.

I dont dislike Jason.

I am just in no way interested in anything he has to say and wish other people would appear on podcasts/videos instead of him.

oti

Banned
Yeah. He is. He's quickly become my least liked member of the team and I wish he'd stay away from any editorial or on-camera stuff.

He's fine when he's alone. I liked his weird Monster Hunter anime game stream. But with others he just falls apart.

Zaph

Jason wasn't meant to be in so much editorial, but stepped up because otherwise it would be Jeff talking to Drew while Brad maybe says two things in every video.

Can't hate on him for that
(jesus christ new hire now please they really need it)

Google

Jason is a lot better on the mic than Rorie. Also better taste in games.

Man; Rorie just seems so broken. He has an incredibly aggressive dislike for things (Apple products come to mind), doesn't seem to play a lot of videogames outside of WoW and his contributions seem to be "Oh. Yeah, I havent played it".

He seems so aggressive - which is weird because he works with his mates at a videogame website...

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man; Rorie just seems so broken. He has an incredibly aggressive dislike for things (Apple products come to mind), doesn't seem to play a lot of videogames outside of WoW and his contributions seem to be "Oh. Yeah, I havent played it".

He seems so aggressive - which is weird because he works with his mates at a videogame website...

This is also a really weird assessment.

Google

Jason wasn't meant to be in so much editorial, but stepped up because otherwise it would be Jeff talking to Drew while Brad maybe says two things in every video.

You're right. But they've gone from:

Jeff, Ryan, Vinny, Brad

to

Jeff, Ryan, Vinny, Brad, Drew/Patrick/WillSmith/GaryWhitta/DannyODwyer

to

whatever we have now.

They diversified and let their biggest draws (for lack of a better word) move to a different space without adequately backfilling.

Google

This is also a really weird assessment.

It's my opinion. I get a lot of weird, passive-aggressive tones whenever I hear him. His most recent appearance he just sounded tired of everything without adding much in the way of value anywhere.

Maybe I'm spending too much time thinking about it.

Antiwhippy

It's my opinion. I get a lot of weird, passive-aggressive tones whenever I hear him. His most recent appearance he just sounded tired of everything without adding much in the way of value anywhere.

Maybe I'm spending too much time thinking about it.

Probably.

neshcom

Banned

Can't hate on him for that
(jesus christ new hire now please they really need it)

This. For as much as I don't dig Rorie or Jason, they also are stepping up and filling roles that have emptied since GB East left. Reeeeeeally ready for some new blood, CBS.

Real Hero

These are all the reasons why I like Rorie, he's entertaining and I think you mistaking 'broken' for slightly odd

Google

These are all the reasons why I like Rorie, he's entertaining and I think you mistaking 'broken' for slightly odd

I just cant get behind people who irrationally hate things without being funny about it.

Jeff irrationally (or rationally depending on your point of view) hates Mario Sunshine. He's funny with it. He makes a joke about it. He keeps the schtick up to compound a different point of view from someone who is massively into the game.

Rorie doesnt do that.

Antiwhippy

Like other than Apple what did he irrationally hate?

He hasn't even brought that up for awhile now.

You need to give examples to validate your weird sweeping assessments.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Rorie? Aggressive?

Edit: Nioh looks good but I feel like I'm completely out of enthusiasm for Dark Souls and Dark Souls-like games

What have I walked in on here? Jason is great, he's hardly a critic but that's not his job, I like his input on the site.

And what is going on with this audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom