• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember a few months back when Rorie got up to use the restroom or something and Dan was like "Why does he use Windows laptops, why doesn't he just have CBS get him a macbook" and Brad and Jeff both looked at each other and were like "you're gonna need to ask him about that"

Google

You need to give examples to validate your weird sweeping assessments.

No I dont.

I'm not going to go back and re-listen to the podcasts to write down what I found annoying about him.

Like I said, it's my opinion. I dont like an on-air personality for the gaming website I pay money to each month. It's not a big deal but I'm using the thread about said gaming website to inform my opinion and have a discussion about it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That's fine.

I'm gonna keep thinking it's a weird assessment then which may not be a massive case of projection.

It's my opinion.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Jeff enjoying Nioh is really odd. Does anyone remember how he liked stuff like Ninja Gaiden 1/2/Black/Sigma etc.?

Meneses

The fact that Rorie has been away from West content actually made it watchable for me again.

Also, i'm glad I didn't get Nioh earlier because this stream reminded me of how bored I was playing through that first demo.

chogidogs

Finished Yakuza 0 after 97 hours at around 64% completion. This game made me feel how I felt when I finished MGS1. Loved it!

Also, finding it hard to keep myself from spoiling the rest of the series. Need Kiwami now!

PizzaFace

Banned
Now this thread is getting crazier.

Do you even know what personality means? It didn't mean people you like btw.

Oh I know. I'm not wild on Alex's personality (although in hat case perhaps persona is a better word), but...at least he has one.

You also might be taking it slightly literally, what I obviously mean is that he doesn't have much of a personality

Solobbos

It has been great having Rorie in so much stuff recently. Hopefully it continues.
I couldn't agree more. This Rorie hate feels really otherwordly. I thought everyone liked the guy. Not liking Dan I can at least understand, even if I myself have nothing against him either.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
The last month have made me want to buy a ps4 more than I've wanted for the last 3+ years.

I so want to play both Ni-Oh and yakuza 0. Soon Persona 5 too.

I even thought about cancelling my switch pre-order to pick up a ps4 slim and The two games.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Rorie no personality?

2797275-8750426659-oBBoB.gif

Any baseball fans going to watch the 2017 World Baseball Classic? For those that don't know what that is, it's sort of baseball's version of the World Cup. The previous years were 2006, 2009, and 2013 (with Japan winning the first two and the Dominican Republic winning the most recent). America has never actually earned a medal (placing 4th in 2009). Japan is the only country to have earned a medal each time (2 golds, 1 bronze). It's beginning in March, but I believe the rosters are being announced tonight.

I watched the semi-finals in 2013 of Puerto Rico vs Japan. Lower deck tickets were $20. Started rooting for Japan but switched to Puerto Rico halfway through for some reason. I remember being at ATT park in SF dressed for St. Patrick's Day.

kvothe

Rorie is that funny where I don't know if it's aloof or a him being a goof. Exhibit b https://youtu.be/EAEfefBIPH0

Gbwest is definitely going through a transitional phase, that doesn't make any of the current staff suddenly awful though.

Haha, I can see that clip being used as an example for why someone dislikes Rorie. While it can lead to some humor, I just find it so frustrating for people not to be paying attention during a show and then say or ask something that has already been discussed. I just think if you're going to be on a stream and actually participating, you reallllly need to be paying some amount of attention to what's going on. Rorie isn't the only one guilty of doing this, though. *cough*Brad*cough*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom