• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

What is the x-plane reference in the bombcast title? Did they talk about flight sims? I might have zoned out for part of the cast.

tumblr_ogguatDvOR1qkv3fno1_400.gif

Worst KH world

Nioh seems rad.

Its nice to see something take inspiration from Souls without also trying to learn from the weighty combat. It still feels like a tight Team Ninja game (although less bombastic)

They did a great job learning from and adapting the right ideas.

oti

Banned
Nioh seems rad.

Its nice to see something take inspiration from Souls without also trying to learn from the weighty combat. It still feels like a tight Team Ninja game (although less bombastic)

They did a great job learning from and adapting the right ideas.

I've never played a Souls game before so I tried Lords of the Fallen recently (it was on PS+) and that game feels so sloooooow. I can see something interesting there but it's just too slow. I think I'll install Dark Souls 1 on PC (bought the game on Steam ages ago) and give that a spin before Zelda comes out.

And all because of this Nioh hype.

I've said it before, Rorie is a good person but his camera presence is fucking terrible 90% of the time. If he has his laptop, he will be garbage.

They got one good moment out of that. I don't understand how one can find his inattentiveness and regurgitation of chat entertaining.

If you don't like Rorie, I can only assume it's because your favourite sitcom is The Big Bang Theory and he doesn't say "bazinga" enough for your liking. Dude is genuinely hilarious.

I'm not a fan of his unintelligible mumbling, near-comical adherence to politically correct verbosity (calling something that is rapey "sexual assaulty" softens its offensiveness) and how he ends most sentences with all the confidence of a 7th grader reading his book report in front of the class. There were many times I had to rewind the bombcast just to make out what he's said.

The one recent UPF where he "hosted" and was manic and dark as hell was legit hilarious, but that's one strong showing after many, many times where his presence added nothing or detracted in some way.

I'm sure Rorie is good at his job and is a nice guy with a honestly good heart and all, but he's not an entertainer on the level of the rest of the crew and I'd rather not have him on paid content if possible.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Look,when the content is flowing people just need something else to be negative about because it's the only way we can feel anymore.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Can we place bets on how likely it is that the nerf to Landfall inadvertently also applies to Impossible Machines?
Side pot; The Impossible Machines are hit with the change, but it's 'on purpose' because trying to code it otherwise would be too hard.

I agree, this rorie hate is too much.

Nioh looks real good. I just can't justify buying a new platform with a mountain of unplayed games I working through already but Nioh has me as close to buying a PS4 as anything has. Even more than Bloodborne.

Also For Honor looks amazing too but I know the one on one, fight game like duels would have my blood boiling so I'll probably will never get it.

I kind of only half-listened to the bombcast this week. Did they talk about this absurd Fallout 4 texture pack nonsense? Seems like the kind of garbage Jeff would have some feelings on.

popo

In honour of Syberia 3 getting a release date, I request a Playdate for Vinny playing through Syberia 1 and 2 (mainly because it is has been eight long years and I could use a recap)..

Actually a Vinny and Drew play through would have been the dream ticket (Syberia 1 spoilers)
I think Drew would really like that Russian Cosmonaut section.

I want a review from Dan.

Just about every scene, apart from the sex, is included in that trailer they put out.

I kind of only half-listened to the bombcast this week. Did they talk about this absurd Fallout 4 texture pack nonsense? Seems like the kind of garbage Jeff would have some feelings on.

nope

def sim

I haven't been paying much attention to Waypoint since their 72hr stream, but Joel and Austin goofing around in open world Ghost Recon is good. 👍🏼

Nerokis

Look,when the content is flowing people just need something else to be negative about because it's the only way we can feel anymore.

Not liking things is the coin of the Giant Bomb realm.

And on that note, man, I loved the Nioh beta and the QL put me to sleep. I think that just wasn't the best stage selection - would have been better to do something with a little more forward momentum.

I want more shitty failed video game console streams. The 3DO TNT and the CD-i streams were great. Show me an Apple Pippin. Show me a Pioneer Laseractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom