• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bananas

Banned
Give it an hour.

Ah, compromise. I will do this.

Let's eat the banana.

fB2HeM0.jpg

Ein Bear

Just started watching the Ratchet Quick Look. Patrick and Vinny refer to 'Into the Nexus' as being a sexual pun... but I don't get it :(

Empty

watching the 3d world quick look

those on rail platforms from 3d land where you control the direction by standing on one side or the other are amazing in 4 player multiplayer

Lijik

"Its not as hardcore as Galaxy is out of the gate"
Patrick I really think you forgot how easy Galaxy 1 was at its start

popo

Just started watching the Ratchet Quick Look. Patrick and Vinny refer to 'Into the Nexus' as being a sexual pun... but I don't get it :(

I don't think it is. The internet claims it was at one point called "Into the Neither Regions" and there is an achievement called that.

"Its not as hardcore as Galaxy is out of the gate"
Patrick I really think you forgot how easy Galaxy 1 was at its start

I found fighting the controls hardcore at the start. 3DW does look much more forgiving.

Goldmund

Watching the A Link Between Worlds Quick Look, -- this game looks really nice, actually!

EDIT:

ME1 has a fantastic story.

ME2 doesn't really have any story.
I don't think Mass Effect 1 has a good story. It's an incredibly promising premise which they didn't really expand upon in Mass Effect 2, -- which despite that was the better game.

kvk1

ME2 was the GOAT.

I went into that game with zero foreknowledge of the casting, voices, etc.

As soon as I saw Sarah Walker and President Bartlet I almost passed out.

<3

Megasoum

Banned
ME2 was the GOAT.

<3

Yeah ME2 is definitly in my Top 5 of the last generation... SO GOOOOOD.

3D World did not look fun at all with 4 people, its too messy. Comparing this QL to the QL's they did for NSMB games, and its pretty evident that the 2D esque space makes it easier to relate to 4 people

Mind you the game will kick all sorts of ass and looks amazing, but mostly as a single player or maybe 2 player game.

Weird because this is exactly the opposite of what everyone who has played it says.

Though they do agree that 2-3 is the sweet spot.

ME2 was the GOAT.

<3
Same, that was my entry point into the series, played the PS3 demo and got so hooked that I bought the 360 version the next day as I couldnt wait for the port.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Sorry if this is an strange question, but anyone know how old Vinny is?

CrazyDude

So Zelda seems pretty lame? The artstyle looks like shit, as does the whole transfer to 3D in general, and the game itself looks to be a pretty slavish remix of ALTTP (a game that I think is great). Seeing that QL it stood as something that crosses the line in qualifying for making references and instead just lifts things from the source material. I'd honestly rather just replay the original instead of some ugly "homage" to it.

Then you are missing the best zelda game in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom