• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

GB is very much like Letterman. They take the joke just that little bit too far.

2573372-11111.jpg

MNC

I had to quit the livestream, it really wasn't that interesting. The WiiU one was by far the most interesting because everything was new to them; now they've all played these games for quick looks and reviews :/

I'll rewatch the beginning of the XO stream (Which I missed) since that's probably UI stuff.

strafer

I have never touched a Zelda game but after the Wind Waker HD and this new 3Ds game Im tempted as shit.

But man... buy a system just for one game.

Jintor

I have never touched a Zelda game but after the Wind Waker HD and this new 3Ds game Im tempted as shit.

But man... buy a system just for one game.

have you heard the good word about fire emblem, animal crossing, pokemon, DKCR if you haven't played that yet, kid icarus, and ace attorney?

Megasoum

Banned
Nice one dude. I'm think about those two and Pokemon. Not sure what bundle to get though, the Zelda one is more expensive than the 3D Land one in the UK.

Here I had to choose between the normal 3DS XL for 200$ (and pay 40$ for Zelda) or pay 220$ total for the Zelda bundle so it was an easy choice.

Now I just noticed on my receipt that they charged me 35$ for 3D Land instead of the 31$ written on the box...fucking Gamestop. Oh well, my fault for not checking while still in store.

Nice one dude. I'm think about those two and Pokemon. Not sure what bundle to get though, the Zelda one is more expensive than the 3D Land one in the UK.

I think 3D Land is the most representative game of why this system is so awesome. Best 3D use, fits the console's portability amazing well, great replay value. So get that bundle.

also the gold 3DS XL looks naff

monkeyhat

If you buy the Zelda bundle and register that and the 3DS with Nintendo after the 27th, you get a free download code for 3D Land. Or am I imagining that? Some new Europe offer?

f0rk

I think 3D Land is the most representative game of why this system is so awesome. Best 3D use, fits the console's portability amazing well, great replay value. So get that bundle.

also the gold 3DS XL looks naff

I want all 3 games lol. It's just which XL model to get. I do think the white looks better in photos but I'm not sure I've ever seen a 3DS in the wild. Might go have a look over the weekend, I got a good deal on a 2nd hand Vita at Granger Games so that might be worth a try.

AcridMeat

Banned
I'm watching the 3D land quick look after the xbox stream ended, holy crap it is amazing. I love when they have a chance to be assholes to each other in games.

I really like the 2d art on the top left for each character too.

Both the PS4 stream and XB1 stream we're pretty dull.
They just seemed bored the whole time.
I almost feel bad they were forced to play Ryse and Knack.

Nintendo has never looked so good.

Then you are missing the best zelda game in years.

Skyward Sword did come out years ago after all. How time flies!

And I'm really enjoying my Xbox One. Wasn't able to catch the stream but Dead Rising 3 is probably the best launch title I've played since Mario 64 and in Nightmare mode it really seems to capture what you'd expect from a Dead Rising game. Although as far as I can tell there are no branching paths which is unfortunate although the achievements imply an epilogue/facts so we'll see.

Mr. F

Banned
Both the PS4 stream and XB1 stream we're pretty dull.
They just seemed bored the whole time.
I almost feel bad they were forced to play Ryse and Knack.

Nintendo has never looked so good.

I got all I needed out of next gen for now through GB's coverage. Happy to wait.

Haven't read through the past coupe pages...

Did it seem like they were a bit frustrated - if not grumpy - during the Xbox One stream? Not trolling. Legitimate question. Jeff sounded like he was mocking the voice features at one point, and Patrick looked disinterested throughout.

sflufan

Banned

Did it seem like they were a bit frustrated - if not grumpy - during the Xbox One stream? Not trolling. Legitimate question. Jeff sounded like he was mocking the voice features at one point, and Patrick looked disinterested throughout.

Nope, that's pretty much the impression they gave. You can tell they were thoroughly bored by Ghosts and some other titles. They had a helluva lot of fun with Zoo Tycoon :p

Mr. F

Banned

It's a slog having to go through a bunch of multiplatform titles again when they've been previously covered...Jeff must have seen the beginnings of CoD/BF4 at least a half dozen times at this point (but he seems a bit pissed this week in general).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Has jeff never not looked like he was going to clock some motherfucker?

They don't call him the G-mann for nuthin'.

I want all 3 games lol. It's just which XL model to get. I do think the white looks better in photos but I'm not sure I've ever seen a 3DS in the wild. Might go have a look over the weekend, I got a good deal on a 2nd hand Vita at Granger Games so that might be worth a try.

The white does look pretty nice. Nintendo always do good looking white consoles.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So is scoops and the wolf postponed today due to patrick heading back?

A shame if it is. I wanted to hear him talk about appearing on the Spartan show.

Also looking at their twitch account, I think it's the first time I noticed ghost ryan. A sad but nice touch.

panel-504350-image-8790efe096798939-320.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really want Zoo Tycoon on PC.
Or just more Tycoon games in general. Even Funky Barn was fun because it's such an awesome genre despite the farm not being funky nor very smooth.

I couldn't stop laughing at the bear hosedown.

So I played some Tearaway and I really, REALLY hope someone at GB plays this. Patrick seemed interested in it so he will probably give it a go and that somehow gets someone else from the main crew to give it a shot.

Its might be the best non Nintendo platformer I have played since the Crash and Spyro days.

It has the charm of the first time you play little big planet but none of the user created jank and level design limitations.

In a alternative universe Knack is a Vita game and Tearaway is the launch PS4 game that revitalises the mascot platformer genre for Sony.

Man this game got buried Triple H style. Releasing right in the middle of the next gen consoles AND 2 giant nintendo games was a tough break.

demidar

I really want Zoo Tycoon on PC.
Or just more Tycoon games in general. Even Funky Barn was fun because it's such an awesome genre despite the farm not being funky nor very smooth.

I couldn't stop laughing at the bear hosedown.

I just got up to that bit on the livestream archive.

Is it wrong to say the best game out of both launches in Zoo Tycoon? Because I genuinely feel that way.

Xater

I just got up to that bit on the livestream archive.

Is it wrong to say the best game out of both launches in Zoo Tycoon? Because I genuinely feel that way.

It's charming but really shallow, even compared to the original Zoo Tychoon games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom