• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck

Still without luck
Oh wow, they did capture the stream in 60fps. That's awesome for a rewatch!

edit: so uh, can someone explain me their hating on berman braun? It struck me as a bit weird and that they were maybe in talks to buy GB last year or something. They did end up with Tested after all...

justjim89

Is GB in trouble with how Twitch is screwing around with premium shit? I don't know why but every few weeks I get in a mood where I worry about the future of the site, and all this hullabaloo has brought it back.

sprinkles

So I bought that membership and used one of the codes. But do they have to manually add the yearly membership to my existing account? Because I'm still on silver. I paid with my credit card.
I don't know how long it took, but my Billing Information says "Premium Gift (non-recurring) member till Nov 27, 2014 " now instead of "monthly" like before.
Where do you go to enter the code?
During the final ordering step.

Alfredo

New shirt design in the store:
http://store.giantbomb.com/collections/frontpage/products/yjr-z

Z5hMJPg.jpg

popo

I think it is nice they are doing shirts in girls sizes just for Patrick and his skinny hipster friends. At the opposite end of the spectrum XXXXL and XXXXXL sizes, printed on the same material they make marquee tents out of I assume. Really bucking the sterotypes of both video game nerds and amerians!

Oh wow, they did capture the stream in 60fps. That's awesome for a rewatch!

edit: so uh, can someone explain me their hating on berman braun? It struck me as a bit weird and that they were maybe in talks to buy GB last year or something. They did end up with Tested after all...

I don't think BB were ever going to buy GB, they mainly wanted the backend platform, but I don't think Jeff was hating on BB as such, just on Wonderwall and some of their other hideous sites. They make similar jokes about CBS TV shows.

Is GB in trouble with how Twitch is screwing around with premium shit? I don't know why but every few weeks I get in a mood where I worry about the future of the site, and all this hullabaloo has brought it back.

It might take the engineers a few weeks to fix but there are alternatives such as youtube. I don't think they will see a mass exodus of subs just because everyone can see the content for free for a while. Also, you might want to ask your doctor about going on a mild anti-anxiety med :p

Zomba13

If GB are worried about being unable to livestream the premium stuff they could always record it and then put it up when they would normally livestream it. Would work alright for UPF, not as well for Dark Souls though.

demidar

If GB are worried about being unable to livestream the premium stuff they could always record it and then put it up when they would normally livestream it. Would work alright for UPF, not as well for Dark Souls though.

No chat.

Good thing or bad depending on personal stances.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Wearing a small t-shirt makes you a skinny hipster (e: & stereotypical nerd)?

strafer

I was yelled at today, damn hipster they yelled.

Gave them the finger and went home.

Fucking world has gone to hell. Nuke it from orbit.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I was yelled at today, damn hipster they yelled.

Gave them the finger and went home.

Fucking world has gone to hell. Nuke it from orbit.

Wear a god damn medium in future you skinny hipster.

Curufinwe

Wearing a small t-shirt makes you a skinny hipster (e: & stereotypical nerd)?

I saw an hipster dude on the weekend wearing a polo shirt that was so small his waist was exposed (and the temperature was below freezing). His jeans weren't high enough either because his underwear was poking out the top of them. Strangely, his jeans were also rolled up at the bottom. He really went all the way in trying to look as bad as possible.

On the last bombcast Brad said that Dark Souls 2 would be released a month later on PC than on console, but Amazon says they come out day and date. What was that all about?

Volcynika

On the last bombcast Brad said that Dark Souls 2 would be released a month later on PC than on console, but Amazon says they come out day and date. What was that all about?

From/NB or whoever said the PC version was coming in March, just not the same day as consoles, it would be later in the month. But that was weeks ago so not sure if that changed.

(I think that's what was said by either From Software or Namco Bandai)

Jokab

I think it is nice they are doing shirts in girls sizes just for Patrick and his skinny hipster friends. At the opposite end of the spectrum XXXXL and XXXXXL sizes, printed on the same material they make marquee tents out of I assume. Really bucking the sterotypes of both video game nerds and amerians!

Are you trying to make a point here? Because it's incredibly occluded in lots of bullshit.

MNC

It doesnt happen very often but when Jeff legitimately loses it, his laugh is super distinctive and hard to forget

Pretty sure Jeff lost it during GTA Vinny when Vinny shot that dog.

I just kinda realized I can't recall Jeff losing it. He's great at straightfaced comedy, I swear there was this one time though...can't remember.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=oEcYdtq9yFY#t=1978

His distinctive laugh can be heard easily here.

From/NB or whoever said the PC version was coming in March, just not the same day as consoles, it would be later in the month. But that was weeks ago so not sure if that changed.

(I think that's what was said by either From Software or Namco Bandai)

Shit

Might change to PS3 if there';s a big discrepancy. Missed out on the discovery aspect in both Demon's and Dark, and if the PC version takes too long, I won't be able to stop myself looking at the secrets :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom