• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
The fundamentals are easy to understand. It's the innings and number of players and other stuff like that that I have long forgotten.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
You have to pay extra for it, even if you're a Giant Bomb subscriber. Sentences range in price from $1 to $100.

$1 per sentence, $14 for a nine sentence Great Value Special Price paragraph.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Now seeing that I actually care about cricket I'll see if I get infuriated like those people who care about football.

Zabant

Man, Giantbomb is so good but, when they have 3 weeks of massive livestreams back to back it makes their normal content output look miniscule when it really isn't. I just want more bomb in my life

popo

Man, Giantbomb is so good but, when they have 3 weeks of massive livestreams back to back it makes their normal content output look miniscule when it really isn't. I just want more bomb in my life

Have you seen the release schedule?. Get used to it. See you in march!

Xater

Some people won't like me saying this, but they should spend less time on the GOTY stuff and instead do streams of old games and stuff.

I would be fine with the GOTY articles on the site and the podcast. Really don#t need all that video stuff.

They're well set with non-new release dependent content lately, LOLS, Breaking Brad, Unprofessional Fridays, Pathfinder, Spookin' with Scoops, etc. The things that'll really impact output will be holiday vacations and GOTY stuff, though.

The Cricket QL is as good as you'd expect.

I cannot wrap my head around anyone who could possibly find any joy in spectating Cricket. I remember playing it in school and that was okay if you were part of the main batting/bowling situation but outside of that it was so boring. As an adult I have never seen anyone excited about the sport other than people jumping on an ashes win bandwagon. My baseball experience is equally as limited but is there a similar apathy in the US towards that sport?

Zabant

As an englishman from a working class background let me say, nobody under the age of 40 gives two fucks about cricket. Very happy to see GB shit all over this game and the sport.

Window

Oh god that cricket QL.

As an englishman from a working class background let me say, nobody under the age of 30 gives two fucks about cricket. Very happy to see GB shit all over this game and the sport.

Living proof here of that being wrong (though I'm not an Englishman).

demidar

I cannot wrap my head around anyone who could possibly find any joy in spectating Cricket. I remember playing it in school and that was okay if you were part of the main batting/bowling situation but outside of that it was so boring. As an adult I have never seen anyone excited about the sport other than people jumping on an ashes win bandwagon. My baseball experience is equally as limited but is there a similar apathy in the US towards that sport?

I must be alone in this but I don't really get watching sports. I figure it must be something that has to be instilled upon you from an early age.

Zabant

Living proof here of that being wrong (though I'm not an Englishman).

It's anecdotal but within all my social groups (ranging from 20 to late 30's) nobody has ever shown an interest in cricket. Motorspot, rugby, football, shit even golf has been discussed.

But cricket?

Not once

hamchan

You don't really watch Cricket when you watch Cricket, especially test matches. You get drunk or you do something else at the same time. When the players start shouting or the crowd starts cheering, that's when you look up and join in the excitement, then you go back to doing something else.

No experience with watching Baseball but I think people in the US get super drunk watching that sport too.

mlewis

Neo Member
It's anecdotal but within all my social groups (ranging from 20 to late 30's) nobody has ever shown an interest in cricket. Motorspot, rugby, football, shit even golf has been discussed.

But cricket?

Not once

Sorry, that's nonsense. It's a bit niche, but definitely popular in my group of late 20s/early 30 somethings. Definitely more so than football, these days. Not that that's true for everyone, but you can't generalise and say that no one below 40 cares.

But cricket?

Not once

Way too many of my friends watch/play. Maybe it's more to do with where you live. There's a ton of cricket grounds around these parts.

Either way cricket sucks, coming from a tea drinking Englishman.

Window

All this cricket hate is making me sad :(

This game looks awful though. Brian Lara Cricket 2005 was actually pretty decent.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Sorry, that's nonsense. It's a bit niche, but definitely popular in my group of late 20s/early 30 somethings. Definitely more so than football, these days. Not that that's true for everyone, but you can't generalise and say that no one below 40 cares.

Loads of children and young people attend cricket matches. He's talking rubbish. It is more popular with children than Rugby, I'd wager.

Curufinwe

As an englishman from a working class background let me say, nobody under the age of 40 gives two fucks about cricket. Very happy to see GB shit all over this game and the sport.

Newsflash: Cricket is popular in many countries outside of England and the rest of the cricket loving world don't give a flying fuck about the weird class hangups some Poms have about the sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom