• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AColdDay

I still think the best content Tested ever did was the Lego Endurance Run, personally.

Losing Gary from the podcast just made it unenjoyable to listen to. There was no foil for the other two, and Gary brought a lot of humor to it. Without him, the chemistry changed.

I also came to dislike the worshipping at the altar of Apple. It felt like they would never criticize Apple products until the next revision came along, and dismissed everything else from coverage because it wasn't Apple.

Which is fine if they want to do that, but it disinterested me as a reader when they covered a narrow slice of tech so much.

Edit: as a hoodie enthusiast with too many already, nothing about that seemed worth the money. It seems fine but what makes it stand out for almost $100? At least an expensive pair of dress shoes, there's a noticeable difference in construction and material quality.

Gary was the everyman, and his wonderful sense of humor coupled with his lack of detailed information provided a springboard for Norm and Will to work with. If they bring in somebody for the third seat, let it be someone who is a regular guy.

popo

Well I just came back from the New Balance store.

I went in wanting 574s but they don't make them wide enough for my super wide feets but so I ended up buying those 790s instead.

Sales Assistant: ah, you have what they call Duck Feet in the business ... Sir.

You know what they say about wide feet ...
poor choice of shoe styles

Bilix

Hurray! Bombcast before commute!

Anyways, I haven't listened to Tested in a while. Is there a particular reason Gary doesn't guest anymore?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
You know, I really have wanted a digital scale to weigh out weed and coffee and stuff I might actually sign up for stamps just to get the scale.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I think Jeff's bank is RCU. The drivethru definitely still works at the one here, but its mostly just a drive up atm.
Theyve also definitely had this poop in the pneumatic tube discussion before.

Simzyy

So I finally caved and brought a years sub to the site.

And a few minutes later brought a hoodie because they sent me a discount code that I didn't realize you get for buying an annual sub. Would have been wasteful not to use it :p

So...what premium videos should I watch?

Majine

Banned

And a few minutes later brought a hoodie because they sent me a discount code that I didn't realize you get for buying an annual sub. Would have been wasteful not to use it :p

Drew goes to North Korea!

SmithnCo

All the Unprofessional Fridays, but especially the one where Vinny plays Second Life.

popo

I never warmed to Ian. Not on LOLS nor on Unplugged. I think the crew will miss him though. He seemed well liked and when they frequently "borrowed" him to run the control room, he did a good job, freeing up Vinny and Drew to be on the sofa. For that at least, he will be missed.

webhook.com, presumably, unless Dave has a second thing going.

Alexis will be next.

Doubt it, he recently got promoted. Ian is young and start ups are exciting, plus Dave is a charmer.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I thank him for my avatar. I was looking forward to more fights on Pathfinder. I also didn't particularly enjoy his commentary on LOLS, but didn't dislike him. He just needed more time on camera/mic, which he probably won't get in his new job. Congrats to him anyway.

Zaph

CBSi better let them hire another video guy and an editorial replacement for Ryan (not that Ryan could ever really be replaced) super early next year. It's really getting fucking silly.

If not, live content will take a serious hit come January.

Best of luck Ian, thanks for pulling late ones (and all-nighters!) to man the control room.

popo

Jeff said new budget would be decided "in the new year", so I guess they will know one way or another then.

Although they can't really use Ian leaving as a bargaining chip.

Jeff : We really need a new video guy, now Ian is leaving.

CBS : You were stealing one of our engineers? Small wonder the video player is fucked.

kiyomi

Drew's trip to North Korea.

Bioforge series.

Yny2gtb.gif

Phantasmagoria and Bioforge are some of the best stuff they've ever done. Ripper is hilarious too.

Also the FMVinny segments on UPF.

Ian did some stellar work over the year and you can tell he provided a much needed stopgap before they hire a full time production guy. Glad to hear he's moving to a good place.

Plus he gave us sleepy Drew gif opportunities for which many are thankful.

Phantasmagoria and Bioforge are some of the best stuff they've ever done. Ripper is hilarious too.

Also the FMVinny segments on UPF.

Good choices. I think Phantasmagoria is my single favorite video on the site.

Are they just never going to finish Blade Runner? They would certainly need Dave to come by to finish it.

xanavi

Good choices. I think Phantasmagoria is my single favorite video on the site.

Are they just never going to finish Blade Runner? They would certainly need Dave to come by to finish it.

They lost their Blade Runner save, I don't think that game is going to make another appearance.

popo

No xmas membership sale. Possibly one early January - from rorie's twitter

Anyone use those PAX discount codes? Does if just kick out a gift code or do you have to link from your account?

They lost their Blade Runner save, I don't think that game is going to make another appearance.

I believe some nut-case from the community re-created the save - going through the game making the same decisions as on the video and another one did a recap of the story so far with pictures and everything. Dave being busy on his own project is the impediment to completing that game.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I believe some nut-case from the community re-created the save - going through the game making the same decisions as on the video and another one did a recap of the story so far with pictures and everything. Dave being busy on his own project is the impediment to completing that game.

Wasn't that our very own Typo?

No xmas membership sale. Possibly one early January - from rorie's twitter

Anyone use those PAX discount codes? Does if just kick out a gift code or do you have to link from your account?/QUOTE]

You use it on the store page. Then Rorie applies it to your account in a day or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom