• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They lost their Blade Runner save, I don't think that game is going to make another appearance.

Dave said at one point that he might play on his own to get back where they were if they were unable to recover the save. Unfortunately, that never happened. I was really enjoying that game.

As fun as Blade Runner was, I still think The Ripper had the potential to be the best video content on the site if they made it to the end. Sadly, it will be lost in time like tears in the rain...

...or, The Running of the Lantern.

Hey guys does anyone know if there is an archive of old hotspot episodes? I can't find them on gamespot anywhere, is there a torrent of them or something?

spiritfox

2PEMeuF.png

Dota 2 GOTY confirmed.

K.Sabot

I love me a Brad vs the World showdown in GotY season.

It's what I think of most now when people use the term "pulling a brad".

popo

Day 5 is when they award goty. Dota 2 might win "best moba" or something - or it would be hilarious if they had that category and everyone ganged up on Brad to award it to league.

I don't know what this Namco High game is but I would like to see them play it.

Jamie OD

Day 5 is when they award goty. Dota 2 might win "best moba" or something - or it would be hilarious if they had that category and everyone ganged up on Brad to award it to league.

I don't know what this Namco High game is but I would like to see them play it.

I'm guessing DOTA 2 gets "Best 2013 Game That Came Out Before 2013". Seems like Giant Bomb is a site that would recognise the large amounts of Early Access and Open Beta games that are available to play right now.

Jamie OD

it didn't come out before 2013 though

But it existed and was available to play before 2013. I think some sites are going to ignore DOTA 2 because they think it's a 2012 game.

Let's just scrap my idea. Maybe instead of "Best 2013 Game That Came Out Before 2013", Giant Bomb could have an award that acknowledges the amount of games that are available to buy as open beta or early access games but will not be officially released until next year or even the year after.

Gurrry

Maybe Dota just isnt worth GOTY. Personally, I dont think it is.

Its an ok game, but its super polarizing, and not many people enjoy it. They just play it because its valve.. and its free.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
But it existed and was available to play before 2013. I think some sites are going to ignore DOTA 2 because they think it's a 2012 game.

Let's just scrap my idea. Maybe instead of "Best 2013 Game That Came Out Before 2013", Giant Bomb could have an award that acknowledges the amount of games that are available to buy as open beta or early access games but will not be officially released until next year or even the year after.

Or maybe stop being so goddamn serious about an award show that is mostly an excuse to create interesting content when they go on a holiday and accept that DOTA 2 officially came out at 2013.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Dota didn't release in 2011, it was in beta. Starbound is available now but it's a very early beta. Is Starbound's unfinished state what it should be judged on as a product? Is it not eligible to be someone's GOTY next year?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I think there's a distinction worth making though because realistically Dota's transition from final beta to launch was fairly insubstantial in terms of real big changes.

That being said, I don't think it's ineligible for GOTY this year, just that I totally understand why people would reasonably consider it a game that didn't really come out this year even though it's official launch was this year.

popo

DOTA maybe wins "GOTY that only one person on the staff played for more than 5 minutes". They might not take GOTY as seriously as other outlets, and forum warriors, but I can't see any way that a game only Brad played gets top honours. They will allow it on the Top Ten but that is about as far as they can go.

oh and after catching up with my backlog, there are totally ten games better than Brothers. Great art, good story, shocking control scheme. Even late in to the game - if the brothers switched sides I would have a split second WTF moment. Never would have made it out of QA from a major publisher. That made up language is annoying too.

popo

You use it on the store page. Then Rorie applies it to your account in a day or two.

Thx. I kinda wanted a gift code to give to someone.

I have no idea the tech limitations of why they can't have the sale but they really are leaving money on the table. I believe the counter sold about 1500 gift codes last year. They like to make fun of "suits" and "business men" but GB doesn't really make the most of what they have got when bringing money in. They may think plastering the basic GB logo across shirts and merch is tacky but a lot of sites pay the bills doing just that.

Lunzio

So after not listening to the GOTY podcasts in 2011, I went back and checked out the Skyrim vs. Saints Row discussion... that filibuster was just frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom