• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AkuMifune

Banned
Looks like Brad had a big Thanksgiving that never ended. We both need to hit the gym!

Is that background yelling from Gamespot people? That makes it almost unbearable.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
:)

ead11dd469b711e3b19d12b91ad31f42_8.jpg

www.twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/414135039044386816

0237_7pqn4.gif

GOAT Game

AkuMifune

Banned
There is no such thing as an Irish accents. That is like saying "Texan" is an American accent. We are all different.

I sound nothing like him - I am worse

How about, "I wonder if he was born in County Roscommon?"

My family is from County Cork btw, but I've never been there!

pirata

There is no such thing as an Irish accents. That is like saying "Texan" is an American accent. We are all different.

I sound nothing like him - I am worse

And as a Texan who grew up in Austin but whose mother comes from the far northern Panhandle near Oklahoma and whose father grew up on a chicken farm outside of Waco, I can say there's not a single "Texan" accent. My dad is constantly making fun of how my mom talks (single-syllable words stretched out to multiple syllables), and we all make fun of my grandparents ("Worshington" for "Washington").

popo

If I were Danny, I would not join GB. He is ambitious and GB would be fun but a career dead end. Jeff is always going to be at the top and everyone else under him is an editor.. At Gamespot I suspect he can really make a name for himself. Plus he can always hang with GB guys in his off time. Win - Win.

Are they really taking on more staff?

In Jeff's latest Jar Time he mentions wanting 4 or 5 more people on staff and that he wants GB to grow bigger.

He has been saying the same thing since they sold to CBS. It is good to have ambition but a more realistic start would be someone in Ryan's old spot and a video guy. This budget due in the new year should hint how likely any of that is.

I have no idea how the numbers stack up but I imagine it is 2 viewpoints. Give us more staff so we can make more money vs. Make more money and you can have more staff. Who is to say who is right?

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Jeff seems a little more upbeat today than in recent weeks. Maybe the holiday spirit or having a couple different faces around.

I hope they do finish up Dark Souls with Ian. I like the "Good Devil Bad Devil" (since they both want Vinny to do stuff on his own) dynamic that Ian and Rorie have during the streams.

Did the Twitch update there was a thread about make it work better?

I'm able to run this stream on the "Source" option without a hitch. I was having to watch everything on low previously.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I never thought that I'd see someone stream Sanrio World Smash Ball in this day and age, haha.

I always thought the SFX in this game were cute.

Serra

GB should just hire background dudes who do video editing, control room stuff, etc. This enables Vinny and Drew to be onscreen all the time. I don't want more onscreen personalities.

LackingSaint

Neo Member
GB should just hire background dudes who do video editing, control room stuff, etc. This enables Vinny and Drew to be onscreen all the time. I don't want more onscreen personalities.

Going off of Jeff's "4-5 more people" hope, my dream team would be Jeff Green, Danny O'Dwyer and then a couple background people. Would also be nice if they brought in a lady to the GB team, though I can't think of someone i'd want off the top of my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom