• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going back to last years GOTY videos to watch the sketches, watched a little bit of the set videos and I forgot how much better that stuff looked with their old equipment. Bummer they didn't get that stuff fully replaced.

bjork

You just pretty much described his Mixlr.

And yes, it's hella entertaining.

He's the only reason I have a mixlr, but it seems like I'm always miss when he's broadcasting. I know you can go back and listen to old ones, but it's not the same.

newjeruse

Because I'm not caught up on everything: We're waiting on the GOTY stuff for Brad to divulge his final opinions on TLOU, correct? He hasn't done it on any livestreams or anything yet, right?

LackingSaint

Neo Member
Because I'm not caught up on everything: We're waiting on the GOTY stuff for Brad to divulge his final opinions on TLOU, correct? He hasn't done it on any livestreams or anything yet, right?

On either the last podcast or the podcast before that, Brad said he completely turned around on the game and loves it.

TraBuch

Banned
On either the last podcast or the podcast before that, Brad said he completely turned around on the game and loves it.

Think he means final opinion on the full game. He talked about it on the podcast before last and said he wanted to go home and finish it right away. I was actually waiting to hear him talk about what he thought of the ending on the last podcast, was disappointed when he didn't mention it.

newjeruse

Think he means final opinion on the full game. He talked about it on the podcast before last and said he wanted to go home and finish it right away. I was actually waiting to hear him talk about what he thought of the ending on the last podcast, was disappointed when he didn't mention it.
Yeah, that's what I was getting at. They had already finished GOTY deliberations before the last podcast was released, so I assume it would have felt disingenuine of them to discuss it on the podcast.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
He mentioned it briefly on Twitter. He seemed to really enjoy the ending.

Mr. F

Banned
GB likes to run things into the ground, kind of bummed that I'm burnt out on watching windjammers considering how recent they started playing.

Xater

GB likes to run things into the ground, kind of bummed that I'm burnt out on watching windjammers considering how recent they started playing.

Yeah at this point it's a bit much. Also wasn't a fan of the other repeats. Pretty boring show overall.

Zaph

Didn't take long for the GB GotY thread to turn into a Last Of Us/ND thread.

I'm sure the game is fantastic, but I really hope it gets brought up and dismissed within 30 seconds just to read the inevitable descent into madness.

I am pretty sure Jeff just has the one tub of old games in the boot of his car at all times and he brings it into the office whenever they do a old game stream.

I mean I guess its good to always have a copy of SF2 Turbo handy if a argument arises and you need to settle things like gentlemen.

justjim89

With Ian leaving, I really hope they don't abandon LOLS and Pathfinder. I'd honestly love if Jeff sat in his place for both of those shows. Imagine Jeff in Pathfinder.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
jeff isn't about that pathfinder life.

people bad mouthing Windjammers always make me sad inside.

W9bCPmo.png

Site's broke Dave :/

Ian :/

Anyone :/

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I can't be the only one who never gets to watch their stupid/amazing Goty videos,right? I like to be surprised by the podcasts but by the time I finish listening to them it's february and I completely forget about the videos xD

LackingSaint

Neo Member
Anyone else kind of bothered by the fact that the GOTY Articles and Podcasts go up at the exact same time? I sort of wish the Podcast went up a bit earlier so there wasn't a big page with all the day's winners right there on the site right away. Nitpicking, though.

Megasoum

Banned
I don't get why they release everything at the same time at 1pm (EST) since there's clearly an order you should be consuming that stuff, they could spread it out a bit over the day.

Basically I'm working this morning and I'm bored.

Kerned

Banned
Anyone else kind of bothered by the fact that the GOTY Articles and Podcasts go up at the exact same time? I sort of wish the Podcast went up a bit earlier so there wasn't a big page with all the day's winners right there on the site right away. Nitpicking, though.

I'm with you, I don't like that at all. I just avoid the site all week.

Most definitely. Even though I don't really care about who wins it kinda spoils the podcast if you know the direction it's going in. That's kind of the curse about having 2hr+ discussions. But then I guess if they did stagger it, people who don't listen to the podcast, or at least don't have the time to, would moan.

Xater

Yeah I don#t get why they just don't put up the podcast in the morning.

I'm listening to the last Bombin in the AM and I really can not understand the whole "Feel bad about killing animals in games" talk. What? I just don't understand...

Not to even mention the DLC is about slaves and slave ships, but the most they've talked about is harpooning a whale and killing a turtle and not being able to skin it. :lol

I'm listening to the last Bombin in the AM and I really can not understand the whole "Feel bad about killing animals in games" talk. What? I just don't understand...

Not to even mention the DLC is about slaves and slave ships, but the most they've talked about is harpooning a whale and killing a turtle and not being able to skin it. :lol
most people live normal lives without a soul youll be fine

Xater

Yeah I don#t get it either. I killed enough virtual humans, animals d not really make a difference. I also killed a turtle and was only disappointed that I couldn't get anything from it.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
He apparently saves games for winter, when he doesn't have to fake an interest in football and his wife hibernates or something.
Way to be an asshole.

It sucks, always has. The videos should be the conclusion to hours of podcasting, not spoil them.

LackingSaint

Neo Member

I always feel bad killing animals in games; I think it's down to the fact that the human NPCs are almost always so two-dimensional and "unreal" that I don't think twice about killing them while the animals, well, act like animals; going about their day and only attacking you when you start trying to mess with them. They feel more "true to life" than the human NPCs because animals are inherently two-dimensional and simple creatures.

I always feel bad killing animals in games; I think it's down to the fact that the human NPCs are almost always so two-dimensional and "unreal" that I don't think twice about killing them while the animals, well, act like animals; going about their day and only attacking you when you start trying to mess with them. They feel more "true to life" than the human NPCs because animals are inherently two-dimensional and simple creatures.

I can understand this, as this seems more to do with random standby animals in games, but they were talking about having a reason to kill the animals. I would never be walking through GTA and randomly kill an animal because it's just there, but at the same time I didn't feel bad when doing the hunting missions. I can't see feeling bad when there's some kind of mechanic surrounded by it in the game. I don't see feeling bad playing Far Cry 3 when killing hordes of animals at a time or how they were talking about harpooning a whale in AC4 for crafting purposes. I just don't understand feeling bad about that.

I'm that way about movies as well.

Whole groups of people tortured and murdered. Me: No reaction. Maybe amusement.

A little puppy or kitty is in danger? Me: On the edge of my seat, wide eyed, and about to break out in tears.

I know I'm broken in some way.

popo

I can't be the only one who never gets to watch their stupid/amazing Goty videos,right? I like to be surprised by the podcasts but by the time I finish listening to them it's february and I completely forget about the videos xD

I don't get why they release everything at the same time at 1pm (EST) since there's clearly an order you should be consuming that stuff, they could spread it out a bit over the day.

Basically I'm working this morning and I'm bored.

Staggered would be better. I believe they have to babysit the auro-posting system though so I guess having it go out all at once means that Vinny or Drew only have to sit down once a day during their vacation and make sure everything gets posted.

I guess it just comes down to self restraint. I don't read the article until I have listened to the podcast. I likely will also skip this thread on the last day to prevent spoilers (so you can all be thankful for that at least).

If you are pushed for time then I suggest listening to the final Top 10 podcast first - as that is the one that people will spoil in thread titles and everything.

popo

I'm that way about movies as well.

Whole groups of people tortured and murdered. Me: No reaction. Maybe amusement.

A little puppy or kitty is in danger? Me: On the edge of my seat, wide eyed, and about to break out in tears.

I know I'm broken in some way.

Not at all. Just personal qwerks. I am affected by news articles about animal cruelty way more than say child abuse or natural disaster - not that I don't care about that last too, just animals hit harder.

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
Not sure I understand the argument about the GOTY posting order. Can't you just listen to the podcast all the way through before looking at the text feature or watching the video? We always figured it was silly to hold back any of the content, once the winners are out there in any form.

RE_Player

Not sure I understand the argument about the GOTY posting order. Can't you just listen to the podcast all the way through before looking at the text feature or watching the video? We always figured it was silly to hold back any of the content, once the winners are out there in any form.
Agreed. Let people choose how they consume the GOTY features.

Santiako

I agree, I just grab the podcast from iTunes and avoid the main page until I listened to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom