• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumblr_mhetz7fi921qblic4o1_400.gif

Maybe GameSpot is going to give out two 1/10 games in a single month. On The Lobby this past week, if you haven't seen it, they went over (with Jeff as a guest) all of GS's 1/10s. Raven's Cry is one of them.

Reading the Raven's Cry review now, and it's already making my eyes roll one sentence in.

Just tell me why it's bad; it isn't your job to try to be funny.

MG310

Of course he's going to show up. It's no coincidence. Gamespot once shared a building with Sega. Follow the money
Chaos Emeralds

I am just going to call it right now.

At some point in his career Dan will play a video game with a US president on camera.

Does it have to be a President that is in office when the event occurs?

I could totally see Bill Clinton playing like, Streets of Rage 2 with Dan at some point.

Clinton is going to make such a great First Lady.

Xater

A 1/10 game is such a shitshow that a funny review is one of the few good things that could come out of it.

Also as a reviewer it's cathartic to write such a thing if you had to play through a terrible game. I had to do it with games and films, so I speak from experience.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
One day they are going to make a Monster Hunter game I actually would like to play. One. Day.

But since even the biggest MoHu (that's what the pros call it, right?) fan I know describes the game as "Kill a big ass monster to get stuff. Then kill it again for 5 hours to get the stuff you actually want. Then kill the next big ass monster. Repeat" I'm going to pass.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
But isn't the triumph of life based on defeating your "monsters"? The monster of fear, the monster of regret and the monster of opportunities lost, each bigger than the rest. Then, at the end of it all, you can craft the armour of fulfillment and the sword of a life well lived from the monsters you've conquered, look at your descendants in the eye, and say "Yes, I have lived a good life."

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
But isn't the triumph of life based on defeating your "monsters"? The monster of fear, the monster of regret and the monster of opportunities lost, each bigger than the rest. Then, at the end of it all, you can craft the armour of fulfillment and the sword of a life well lived from the monsters you've conquered, look at your descendants in the eye, and say "Yes, I have lived a good life."

Nono, I'm talking about the video game Monster Hunter, not my actual life.

Sorry I will be importing the better monster hunter God Eater 2 for my ps4 next week.

the only good Monhun is PSO and even then it's really just an ok scifi diablo clone.

My bro tried to get me into Monhun 3 on the WiiU and between the dumb eating buffing mechanic before the quest, the running around various small fields to chase a stupid monster around during the quest, and then going back to town to choose one of about a thousand or so quests to start the cycle again, ehh, 15 hours of that was about all i could handle. Tried playing soul sacrifice, too, but it's literally just a bunch of battle arenas with 0 exploration and an alright gothic story.

I just want PSO2 so i can relive the glorious Blue Burst days.

the only good Monhun is PSO and even then it's really just an ok scifi diablo clone.

My bro tried to get me into Monhun 3 on the WiiU and between the dumb eating buffing mechanic before the quest, the running around various small fields to chase a stupid monster around during the quest, and then going back to town to choose one of about a thousand or so quests to start the cycle again, ehh, 15 hours of that was about all i could handle. Tried playing soul sacrifice, too, but it's literally just a bunch of battle arenas with 0 exploration and an alright gothic story.

The vita game Phantasy Star Nova looks alright but sega will never bring that over

Myggen

Yeah, I've tried several Monster Hunter games, but always hit a wall pretty early where I stop caring. I see why people can get obsessed by those games, but just not for me I guess.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I wonder if any of the crew availed of yakuza 4 free on ps+ this month

It's a cool game where you can spend thousands of yen on orange juice and fruit platters to make a girl shake your finger and fall in love with you

xNgO9Jf.gif

I wonder if any of the crew availed of yakuza 4 free on ps+ this month

It's a cool game where you can spend thousands of yen on orange juice and fruit platters to make a girl shake your finger and fall in love with you

xNgO9Jf.gif

Kotakus own Klepek said he would play it

I'm listening to podcasts from last year now. I need Jeff to write a book on his experiences in the gaming industry. I feel like there's so much stupid shit that has been left out that he could shed light on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom