• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

Also, from Reddit, a word cloud for Dan on Twitter:

hCjVcdN.jpg

kvk1

So is Barry-O dropping in for UPF today or what?

Might have to clear my Friday night schedule
of nothing
for some bonus POTUS content.

I'll be spending Valentine's Day at Disney World with my wife. We're going for our 5 year anniversary, which is on the 20th. I'm really excited, but I also have no idea what I'm going to get her.

I'll be spending Valentine's Day at Disney World with my wife. We're going for our 5 year anniversary, which is on the 20th. I'm really excited, but I also have no idea what I'm going to get her.

give her something she'll be able to enjoy 9 months from now
a nice giftcard for a thanksgiving dinner

I'm sick so i'm going to be spending my valentines day playing games. Might even give Windwaker HD another try if i'm feeling particularly loose cannon.

jaina

PAX East Panel with Greg (and Greg, and other nice panelists)
Game Review Over: Critiquing the Way We Critique Games

Are game reviews dead? YouTube and Twitch are popular platforms for sharing criticism. The myth of the objective game review is a hot topic. In an era where game formats are changing—episodic and early access experiences have us questioning what makes a game "reviewable"—Is traditional coverage becoming irrelevant? How do you avoid spoilers, or is spoiler sensitivity too high? We'll discuss with attendees what they want to see in reviews, and whether reviews have outlived their usefulness.

PANELISTS:
Alexa Ray Corriea [Editor, GameSpot], Marty Sliva [Editor, IGN], Susan Arendt [High Queen, The games writing universe], Jeff Gerstmann [Co-founder and Editor, Giant Bomb], Greg Miller [Founder, Kinda Funny], Tess [Streamer]

The problem with an all-Molyneux UPF is that I don't think anyone on the staff is a big Dungeon Keeper fan, which is clearly the best game Molyneux ever made.

Patryn

No Dan listed for the PAX East Panel.

Hey Dan! Are you going to PAX East?

Also on Saturday:

Making Video Sausage with Giant Bomb & GameSpot

Panel Description said:
The continent-spanning video production teams of Giant Bomb and GameSpot convene to pull back the curtain for a behind the scenes look at how they make stupid internet videos.

PANELISTS:
Mary Kish [Producer, GameSpot], Drew Scanlon [Producer, Giant Bomb], Vinny Caravella [Producer, Giant Bomb], Jason Oestreicher [Producer, Giant Bomb], Robert Handlery [Producer, GameSpot]

jaina

PANELISTS:
Mary Kish [Producer, GameSpot], Drew Scanlon [Producer, Giant Bomb], Vinny Caravella [Producer, Giant Bomb], Jason Oestreicher [Producer, Giant Bomb], Robert Handlery [Producer, GameSpot]

*faints* I don't even need to care about the topic.

The only trade show I've ever been to is E3. Does Giant Bomb have some sort of E3 show on the floor?

Edit: I'm a little disappointed that making video sausage doesn't involve real sausage.

Patryn

The only trade show I've ever been to is E3. Does Giant Bomb have some sort of E3 show on the floor?

Edit: I'm a little disappointed that making video sausage doesn't involve real sausage.

No. Gamespot traditionally has had a stage.

But GB tends to do interviews during the day.

Patryn

The GB panel and PAXAMANIA! are both in Albion, which I believe streamed last year, assuming it's the same room.

The Video Sausage panel is in Bobcat, which likely means no streaming.

Patryn

Major bummer. I hoped to one day meet one of the guys.

Honestly, a PAX would be your best bet. I've always gotten the feeling from their E3 coverage that they're really far too busy to be able to greet people.

They even say that the main reason they go to PAXes is to interact with fans.

Honestly, a PAX would be your best bet. I've always gotten the feeling from their E3 coverage that they're really far too busy to be able to greet people.

They even say that the main reason they go to PAXes is to interact with fans.

Yeah but I'll never be able to do a PAX since they don't have them in Southern California.

Megasoum

Banned
The GB panel and PAXAMANIA! are both in Albion, which I believe streamed last year, assuming it's the same room.

The Video Sausage panel is in Bobcat, which likely means no streaming.

I don't really care if it's streamed or not but I hope the video production will be filmed this year.

tchocky

what games are on it?

According to IGN:

PLAYABLE :: Def Jam: Fight for New York, Star Wars: Battlefront, Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War, Asterix and Obelix: Kick Buttix, Second Sight, Spy Fiction

VIDEO :: Metal Gear Solid 3 (E3 trailer), Silent Hill 4: The Room, Neo Contra, Shin Megami Tenesi: Nocturne, Call of Duty, NASCAR 2005: Chase For The Cup

FEATURES :: Playboy the Mansion (Inside The Game); Gamer Profile; PlayStation @ E3; Gran Turismo 4 (Track GT4 - E3 Trailer)

REPLAY :: Tony Hawk's Underground (cool move); Onimusha 3 (cool move); Fight Night (save file)

Hopefully that first trailer will inspire Drew/Dan to immediately start recording a premium series.

robotrock

Banned
According to IGN:

PLAYABLE :: Def Jam: Fight for New York, Star Wars: Battlefront, Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War, Asterix and Obelix: Kick Buttix, Second Sight, Spy Fiction

VIDEO :: Metal Gear Solid 3 (E3 trailer), Silent Hill 4: The Room, Neo Contra, Shin Megami Tenesi: Nocturne, Call of Duty, NASCAR 2005: Chase For The Cup

FEATURES :: Playboy the Mansion (Inside The Game); Gamer Profile; PlayStation @ E3; Gran Turismo 4 (Track GT4 - E3 Trailer)

REPLAY :: Tony Hawk's Underground (cool move); Onimusha 3 (cool move); Fight Night (save file)
(demo derby game in spoiler)
spy fiction
should be awesome

daydream

Banned
They'll also have to go back and watch the interviews they missed on the last disc.

Should be a fun and meaty, dare I say diesel, episode.

Kick Buttix

I'm sick so i'm going to be spending my valentines day playing games. Might even give Windwaker HD another try if i'm feeling particularly loose cannon.

Catherine or Hatoful Boyfriend?

No Dan listed for the PAX East Panel.

Hey Dan! Are you going to PAX East?

Also on Saturday:

Making Video Sausage with Giant Bomb & GameSpot

PANELISTS:

God-tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom