• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
L71ZocG.png

I dont know why

Myggen

So, is Dan not going to PAX East this year, or is Jeff just fucking with us (no way Rorie is going to be on the actual panel) and/or forgot to include him? http://east.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/giant-bomb-2015-fy2015-kickoff-powerpoint-presentation

Also, panel with both Drew and Fake Drew: http://east.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/making-video-sausage-with-giant-bomb-gamespot

edit:

N64 was a million times better than PS1. Just saying.

That's the opinion of a crazy person.

So, is Dan not going to PAX East this year, or is Jeff just fucking with us (no way Rorie is going to be on the actual panel) and/or forgot to include him? http://east.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/giant-bomb-2015-fy2015-kickoff-powerpoint-presentation

Also, panel with both Drew and Fake Drew: http://east.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/making-video-sausage-with-giant-bomb-gamespot

edit:

That's the opinion of a crazy person.

I guess this is the first time i am on #teammyggen

N64 fans am cry

I just can't be objective about PS1 vs N64. I never had a Playstation, and have a ton of memories and nostalgia for a lot of N64 games. When I go back to play Zelda or Jet Force Gemini or Goldeneye, they still seem great. Final Fantasy VII/VIII and Crash and Soul Reaver all seem like unplayable garbage. But I know nostalgia goes a long ways with old games.

The best thing Ultimo Dragon Ever did was when he slipped during his wrestlemania entrance

Ah we are back to Goldeneye

Talk about an overrated title

I just can't be objective about PS1 vs N64. I never had a Playstation, and have a ton of memories and nostalgia for a lot of N64 games. When I go back to play Zelda or Jet Force Gemini or Goldeneye, they still seem great. Final Fantasy VII/VIII and Crash and Soul Reaver all seem like unplayable garbage. But I know nostalgia goes a long ways with old games.

Oh right, Soul Reaver. That would be the second good game on PS1. The FF games were... not very good.

Edit: Ultimo Dragon was amazing. You take that back.

I think N64 had a higher number of quality titles, but PSX is way more influential on the industry.

PS2 stomps all over Xbox and GCN.

See, I think GCN was the best of that gen too, but I can understand more of why people preferred it, as it had a lot better lineup than PS1. I know I'm a Nintendo fan so I'm a bit biased, but I will admit that 360 was probably the best of its generation.

Anjin M

This is relevant: A guy re-sequenced the Black Knight 2000 theme from the source files. This is probably the best sounding version you will ever get: http://fmfridays.tumblr.com/post/110771645791/black-knight-2000-system-11b-1989-brian

That's awesome. I'm listening to old arcade music for the rest of the day.

Seriously, other than MGS1, I can't think of a single reason to want the PS1. FFVII was crazy overrated.

I bought a used PS1 so that I could play Dragon Quest VII.

See, I think GCN was the best of that gen too, but I can understand more of why people preferred it, as it had a lot better lineup than PS1. I know I'm a Nintendo fan so I'm a bit biased, but I will admit that 360 was probably the best of its generation.

Sega fans were crazy though

Not buying a PS2 because they thought Sony killed the dreamcast

Suikoden II

Got both of them loaded up on my vita

based konami

hamchan

Opposite for me. Final Fantasy VII-IX and Tactics are all still brilliant to me. Crash controls tightly and the great design of the levels is still there. Besides some of Nintendo's genre redefining stuff like Zelda, Goldeneye and Mario 64, the rest of the library on the n64 seems super rough to me. The PS1 definitely had the bigger library of games that's for sure.

But yeah nostalgia etc.

Myggen

suikoden

The only best thing about the N64 was when Hiroshi Yamauchi got salty that everyone abandoned his system

Tekken 3, Gran Turismo 2, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Xenogears, Soul Reaver, Ridge Racer Type 4, Tony Hawk 2, FF VIII and IX, Chrono Cross (yeah yeah), Crash Bandicoot, Vagrant Story etc.

For me the PS1's library was a LOT deeper than the N64's library, even if the two best N64 games (Mario 64 and OoT) were by far the best games of that generation. PS1 wins.

I also think that PS1 games have aged better than N64 games in general, probably because of the garbage framerate of so many N64 games and that washed out look.

I remember playing Crash Bandicoot in stores and absolutely hating it. Visually, I just couldn't take all the pixellation (I guess it's called aliasing now) for PS1 games in general.

Edit: I also hate racing games and strat RPGs, so that may have something to do with my preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom