• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
does playing an NES game on an emulator with a LCD monitor still have the same lag as an NES plugged into an LCD tv?

e:answering my own question, apparently with the right emulator and settings you can get almost flawlessly lag-free NES

to be fair to bread, he promised some peter molyneux games last friday and we did get a speedrun of Magic Carpet. The man does occasionally fulfill his promises.

LiK

I finally started and beat P4G over the weekend. Gonna finally check out P4 ER and see what it's like in vanilla style and hear their comments. Finally.

Dizzy-4U

I finally started and beat P4G over the weekend. Gonna finally check out P4 ER and see what it's like in vanilla style and hear their comments. Finally.
After all these years you haven't seen the P4 ER? How could you resist temptation?

Patryn

Someone created an ebay account with brads email. Someones getting a new dil-Throttle master. He tweeted about it. Why.

Because it can be funny the first time it happens. But as someone with a prime GMail account, it gets old fast.

Things people have signed up for using my e-mail address:

- eBay Canada
- Facebook (multiple times)
- Twitter (multiple times)
- Raptr
- Kalahari, South Africa's premiere e-retailer!
- PSN
- XBox Live
- Adult Friend Finder (just ugh... also, they apparently spam the SHIT out of you)
- Multiple Dutch mailing lists

Seriously, I really wish I could find the people who do this and get them to stop.

They knew going in that they were going to have to move studios shortly after setting up the first studio so I doubt they expected it to be a fast process.

When the third GBeaster starts in June/July, I'm sure they'll ramp up content production quickly.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I'd love for that Daily Dota focused around the All Hero Challenge that he mentioned on Tumblr.

Passionate Brad (this sounds worse than I intended) is a real joy - like in that Tetris Gaiden video and he sure loves Dota.

LiK

jesus christ. I don't like telling people they play games wrong but did you skip like 75% of the side content? I think my first playthrough was about 80 hours

that's approaching speed run time

i don't skip stuff on purpose but i also don't use a guide to look out for them during my first playthrough. i mainly skipped the sidequests that involved grinding dungeons for those stupid fetch quests. anyone who did 100% of the content first try is using a stupid guide, imo. that ruins the experience for me.

like i said, i'm replaying NG+ (with a guide this time.)

You should just reload a save from early December.

too late, i cannot go far back enough for the better endings because i didn't meet one of the conditions.

I am on my 2nd play through and i am using a day to day guide to make sure i don't miss anything out!
that's the way to go. doing NG+ and following a max social link guide is weirdly rewarding.

I dunno, maybe it's because I played so much P3 that I already knew to never just go home, and always do something each day, even if it wasn't an optimised route. 41 hours on first playthrough is just hard to wrap my head around

LiK

that's the way to go. doing NG+ and following a max social link guide is weirdly rewarding.

i had 8 maxed S Links during my first play through. would've had 11 before the game decided to move the story and prevented me from maxing a few more characters.

Dizzy-4U

Tbf, I've only ever seen 5 episodes. Got bored by it. I've never made past the first 5 episode of the longer ERs.
Understandable. The first 15 episodes are pretty rough, I forced myself to go through with it and it clicked after that. Not saying you will get on it like I did, but yeah the beginning is not so hot.

i had 8 maxed S Links during my first play through. would've had 11 before the game decided to move the story and prevented me from maxing a few more characters.

hey, you know, whatever, glad you liked it. I'm just surprised.

did you play on Vita or PSTV? I'm still a few trophies away from platinum so I've been considering a NG++(+?) on PSTV since I bought it.

Understandable. The first 15 episodes are pretty rough, I forced myself to go through with it and it clicked after that. Not saying you will get on it like I did, but yeah the beginning is not so hot.

I've heard that and it's probably true. But there's normally enough new stuff for me to consume from the site and elsewhere for me not to have time to go back.

I got behind on both P4 and Deadly premonition so never bothered to catch up when they were doing them. And I had no interest in chrono-trigger.

One day though.......

eznark

Banned
I'd love for that Daily Dota focused around the All Hero Challenge that he mentioned on Tumblr.

Passionate Brad (this sounds worse than I intended) is a real joy - like in that Tetris Gaiden video and he sure loves Dota.

There are about 20 heroes that Brad hasn't played at all so that feature would hit a serious (and hilarious) speed bump pretty early.

I endorse this idea.

Jintor

Endurance Run is some great second screen material while I'm picking away at XCOM Long War or Shovel Knight or some other game where I'm kinda just zone out playing

LiK

what's wrong with it? were they not interested in it in the beginning like with most ERs?

hey, you know, whatever, glad you liked it. I'm just surprised.

did you play on Vita or PSTV? I'm still a few trophies away from platinum so I've been considering a NG++(+?) on PSTV since I bought it.

PSTV. never needed to worry about recharging my console and also had the Standby perk. i wanna Platinum it as well but a few of those trophies seem brutal. the Risette 250 lines one seems particularly awful.

LiK

it's also luck/RNG based so it's garbage. I think I'm still missing that one.

yea, i don't think i'll bother with that during NG+. maybe i'll so a separate save after i get all the party members again and use that as the Risette trophy grind save lol

Dizzy-4U

what's wrong with it? were they not interested in it in the beginning like with most ERs?
To me it felt like they were looking down at the game, playing it ironically like "Look at this weird japanese thing, it's so dumb". The change of heart came quite quickly though and you can tell they got really into it after the initial episodes.

LiK

To me it felt like they were looking down at the game, playing it ironically like "Look at this weird japanese thing, it's so dumb". The change of heart came quite quickly though and you can tell they got really into it after the initial episodes.

hah, i expected that. it was the same for Deadly Premonition as well. they got into the story much later. i think these ERs give them some appreciation for games they would've ignored outright.

considering how much they like the game from what I've heard in the Bombcasts, i'm looking forward to a whole bunch of content I've never seen.

Patryn

I'm not sure Vinny was coming into it with that view, but Jeff definitely was. Hearing him warming up to the game is amazing, because he really does get super into it.

If he had played it the year it came out, he would have given it his GOTY without hesitation, I think. Hell, he basically gave Persona 4 Golden his co-GOTY the year it came out.

LiK

I'm not sure Vinny was coming into it with that view, but Jeff definitely was. Hearing him warming up to the game is amazing, because he really does get super into it.

If he had played it the year it came out, he would have given it his GOTY without hesitation, I think. Hell, he basically gave Persona 4 Golden his co-GOTY the year it came out.

i love when they suddenly get into a game. it's much more entertaining.

Patryn

i love when they suddenly get into a game. it's much more entertaining.

Yeah. It's part of why I don't understand why everyone wants them to play terrible games all the time. I'd say the videos of games they actually like tend to be more enjoyable on the whole than videos of them playing games that they hate.

Xater

You know what would be cool? Some new content on the site. You can always tell by this thread when there clearly is not enough stuff coming.

LiK

You know what would be cool? Some new content on the site. You can always tell by this thread when there clearly is not enough stuff coming.

Still no Metal Gear Scanlon 3. Not sure why that's taking so long considering there's not a lot of new releases recently. Dan and Drew be slackin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom