• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

tchocky

It may come as a surprise to you, but reviewing games is not the primary source of Giant Bomb content.

The primary source of content is quick looks and they release a maximum of 2 per day which we got pretty much every day last week as well as weekend quick looks.

If Dan wants to review a game all he needs is himself to play and write a review if he wants to do video content he needs two other people to be free.

LiK

if Metal Gear Scanlon 3 isn't happening soon, they should just do Mario Party 4. I wanna see the worst game in the franchise real bad.

j6dPrVxHtaAEY.PNG

Myggen

that happened? oh lord

It was closed because the thread went up two days before the embargo is lifted, just because some French magazine broke(?) the embargo. So, Modbot said to make a new thread when the reviews actually begin to hit.

Also, not really surprised by the Kirby review. It has gotten some good reviews elsewhere, but from what I hear about its pretty short length I think I'm giving this one a pass.

"Nintendo should go third party" Lord Ryckert, 2015 A.D.

It's a shame the game didn't turn out that good. Suddenly the massive delay for EU release doesn't seem too bad.

komplanen

CBSi

C B S i

i S B C

GameSpot (1) + Giant Bomb (1) = 2

i S B C2

5 (out of ten) + 2 (out of 5) = 7

7 = G

i S B C2 G

nIntendo Sdidn't Buy Canvas Curse Greview.

I may be onto something...

Scizzy

It's so weird that Dan has such a distinctive voice on podcasts and video, but all that time at Game Informer has led him to develop a much less idiosyncratic style for reviews than one might suspect. I'm not saying his reviews aren't well-written or informative (they are!), but I'd never be able to pick out Dan's review from a selection of reviews from the major sites without the names attached.

komplanen

Personally I think Nintendo would do best as a 3rd party developer but personally I'd rather see them doing a superb next-gen console instead. But either way I'm sure I'll get my fix of two or three Nintendo games per genetation.

This gen they've done Mario Kart and I'm waiting for a proper 3D Mario and Zelda and then I'm set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom