• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it did go nutty. Did you see how long it was with that one review? So dumb.

Oh yes, and it was lovely to watch. One of my guilty pleasures is watching people get passive aggressive and weird in those thread. Console exclusives do weird things to people.

YET NO ONE WENT CRAZY OVER THE AMAZING FROG?!

BEST EXCLUSIVE EVER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBFKLW5iLG8

who do u think would win in fight between stone cold austin and goldbug

smug.gif

I predict one star for the Order. At the end of the review Jeff will cry, "Down with this sort of thing!" while glancing longingly at his arcade machines and retro games of yore.

Meanwhile, in an alternate reality, Brad would've given it a 3/5, mainly citing the graphics and presentation ingenuity, and all other members of Giant Bomb would've laughed at the notion of reviewing it.

Meanwhile, in an alternate reality, Brad would've given it a 3/5, mainly citing the graphics and presentation ingenuity, and all other members of Giant Bomb would've laughed at the notion of reviewing it.

He'll refer to it as the best offline DOTA2-like he's ever played and we'll all both understand and share a deep concern for his well-being.

Since we're talking about nonsense like the Ouya, allow me to mention that Lily Bergamo is still listed on the Japanese PSN as an upcoming release. That would be great! But it's probably just Sony continuing to poorly support the PS4 in Japan, including the store.

Pomo

Man, people who are way into getting upset over review scores should dig into rateyourmusic and pitchfork. It won't take long to learn to care a whole lot less about people assigning numerical values to things—otherwise you'd go crazy/become crazier.

Ah, didn't know Jeff was reviewing the Order. Either way, as much as I love the site I've long realized the last thing I actually go to it for is their reviews or opinions on games. Can't trust a site where utter shit like the Third nearly won Goty :p And I don't care about scores in general.

Wish they'd fill the time line out more often. I'm sure we're getting Order and Kirby quick looks but when!

Brashnir

Ah, didn't know Jeff was reviewing the Order. Either way, as much as I love the site I've long realized the last thing I actually go to it for is their reviews or opinions on games. Can't trust a site where utter shit like the Third nearly won Goty :p

It should have won over the game they gave it to.

Man, people who are way into getting upset over review scores should dig into rateyourmusic and pitchfork. It won't take long to learn to care a whole lot less about people assigning numerical values to things—otherwise you'd go crazy/become crazier.

It doesn't matter. We live in a world where the audience wants to consider the medium as art but rejects any criticism that treats it as such.

tell me how many graphics it has

Patryn

If it's Jeff reviewing The Order, it'll be 2 stars.

If it's Brad reviewing it, I give it 60/40 it'll be 3 stars, but I can see 2 stars.

fuzzyset

I thought we got past the sins of our fathers (
Zelda TP review
). I guess not.

Myggen

Where's that God of War Ascension review, by the way??

Was that the review Ryan was supposed to do? I loved Jeff's joke about that right after the whole crowd did a standing ovation for Ryan at the PAX after he passed away :) Man, watching the start of that panel still gets me...

Regarding Kirby, I think Dan brings up a really good point when he says that to play the game well you basically have to stare at the touch screen the whole time. For a game that looks as good as that game, that's a major negative for me.

Bacon

Was that the review Ryan was supposed to do? I loved Jeff's joke about that right after the whole crowd did a standing ovation for Ryan at the PAX after he passed away :) Man, watching the start of that panel still gets me...

Regarding Kirby, I think Dan brings up a really good point when he says that to play the game well you basically have to stare at the touch screen the whole time. For a game that looks as good as that game, that's a major negative for me.

Yeah that's what I was referencing. That was a great joke to lighten the mood by Jeff.

Megasoum

Banned
Oh no... I refreshed the 360p youtube video and now I only have 144p and 240p! It's getting worse!

More like: Where's that Red Dead Redemption review, by the way??

5 stars! Not that we'll ever read the text..

Brad should put out a review just out of nowhere... Would be amazing haha

Jeff thinks Nintendo doesn't make enough Kirby games, they release like one every year.

maybe he just means real Kirby games and not weird tech demo thingies? I haven't seen the QL or followed the new game much but it does seem like most Kirby games these days are some sort of attempt at trying something new but then not wanting to launch it as it's own new IP so KIRBY

That's how Kirby has always been. That gameboy game with the special tilt cartridge was great! Return to Dreamland and Kirby Triple Deluxe were the first "traditional" Kirbies in a good while but at this point more games in the series are experimental than not.

I'm still looking forward to the Kirby game, USgamer and others seem to have loved it
Don't let Rainbow Curse's relatively small length put you off; it's a sublime experience that completely washes its hands of the padding most games employ to justify a retail release. If you're used to finishing games out of a sense of weary obligation, expect to be pleasantly surprised when this latest Kirby game leaves you fully satisfied by the end of its final level.
I wish ios games had the same level of production at least.

I wish ios games had the same level of production at least.

I'm sure when we start getting $40 pay-once ios games then we'll see a great surge in overall quality.

Till then, there are plenty of great games on the platform that are fairly priced. I paid $0 for Hitman Go and that's a hell of a game, as is Crossy Road. The $5 i paid for Ghost Trick was a fantastic price for that gem of a game, as was the novelized version of 999.

It's all relative, really.

Myggen

I wish this RAD "bullying" interview came out before this weeks podcast, so that Jeff would tear them up. Hopefully next week.

Those guys really need some PR people that would tell them to shut the fuck up about this in public, it's only making things worse for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom