• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon

What did the order do to people's mothers? I've never seen this level of vitriol aimed at a game pre release before. It's quite a sight to behold

Not necessarily. That they mention it at all means it was a consideration. Reviewers very often have no idea how much a game costs because they didn't have to pay for it. It's nice when they think about the fact that most people actually need to give money to play the games.
True, I guess to me it's primarily the fact that by the end of a review you have a good idea of the reviewers thoughts on the game and you can conclude if the game is worth full price or if you should wait for a price drop. So it's kind of odd seeing a line about the reviewers opinion on the cost at the end of the review as you kind of already know their opinion.

Bacon

You could ask the same thing to the people that defend it.

I would think the people that "defend" it (as if it's a competition) are waiting and seeing how the game plays for themselves before forming a full opinion on it. That's what I'm doing at least, probably down the line some.

Megasoum

Banned
Yikes....

Res360_001.jpg.jpg

ResPS3_001.jpg.jpg

Plenty of people have said the gunplay and hit reactions of The Order are extremely satisfying which are the main things I want in a shooter. Just find those gifs of people getting hit by shotguns that send them flying against the wall and over counters. Far too many games make guns feel like spit ball straws. People just seem overly aggressive in their disinterest but I suppose that is game discussion in general. It'll all be over soon :p

ArjanN

What did the order do to people's mothers? I've never seen this level of vitriol aimed at a game pre release before. It's quite a sight to behold

It's pretty much the same for any big game that's exclusive. It's becomes an item to fight for/against in the great console list war.

hamchan

I've seen it so often, this is unsurprising to me. Anyways, in Giant Bomb's case all they've mostly said is "this doesn't look very interesting to me" and I have to agree with them.

The artstyle for the new Kirby is gorgeous, I love the clay look. I wish they had just made it into a regular Kirby game with that style though.

I love seeing people argue about The Order being one of the few on these boards that have completed it :) Just finished it a couple minutes ago and have a firm grasp on what Jeff will give it knowing his tastes over the years. Personally I loved it but could see this being an Uncharted 1 to 2 scenario where the first game laid the framework and the sequel perfected it. Going to think about it and post my final impressions in the impressions thread on gaf.

Having played the game I also wonder what chapter they will quick look to not give away spoilers yet show the game's story. Most likely 3 or 4.

What's your estimation for the score he'll give it?

RE_Player

I love seeing people argue about The Order being one of the few on these boards that have completed it :) Just finished it a couple minutes ago and have a firm grasp on what Jeff will give it knowing his tastes over the years. Personally I loved it but could see this being an Uncharted 1 to 2 scenario where the first game laid the framework and the sequel perfected it. Going to think about it and post my final impressions in the impressions thread on gaf.

Having played the game I also wonder what chapter they will quick look to not give away spoilers yet show the game's story. Most likely 3 or 4.

So all that Read Dead Redemption talk in the bombcast really makes me want to do another playthrough of that game....

Thing is, I don't want to dig out and plug back my old white 360 that sounds like a jet engine everytime I boot it...ugh... Why aren't 360s under 100$ by now? It's ridiculous.

Hmmm... How was the PS3 version of the game? I still have a PS3 plugged in so that could be an alternative... Also did they swap any of the controls around compared to the 360 version (swapping the shoulder buttons like they often did). I would play the PS3 game with my 360 controller so when they actually swap the shoulders it becomes a big pain in the ass (I'm looking at you Uncharted 3....sigh)

Edit: Holy shit, that game is still 30$ (or 40$ if you want the dlc too) on PSN? Come on

Edit2: Ok so 20$ for the GOTY edition at EBGames...not as bad even if I would have prefered digital.

It was $5 on PSN a few months ago.

RE_Player

What's your estimation for the score he'll give it?
Personally going by how the guys have described the rating system I would give it a 4 star review. Knowing Jeff's tastes however I can easily see him giving it a 3 star possibly 4. The game is great in my opinion but I can see it not being for everyone.

Mr. F

Banned
OMG, we need a Premium series with Spy Fiction. This Demo Derby is such a tease!

Yes please. Speaking of spy games I've never played Matt Rorie's Alpha Protocol, would watch a premium feature on that (if it's actually any good, I know nothing about it other than the dialogue system was neat).

Yes please. Speaking of spy games I've never played Matt Rorie's Alpha Protocol, would watch a premium feature on that (if it's actually any good, I know nothing about it other than the dialogue system was neat).

I want to say Rorie has played it before when streaming from his home (maybe for Extra Life?) there's probably vods of it out there.

Dan's doing a good job of selling me on Triple Deluxe

e: Kirby update 3, I'm fucking bored of this game already and I'm only halfway through the QL. Dan and Jeff are the only things keeping me from turning it off

OMG, we need a Premium series with Spy Fiction. This Demo Derby is such a tease!

Spy Fiction is hilarious. It's like a bizarre mashup of MGS and Hitman gameplay, with a story that feels like it was maybe supposed to be a self-aware game deliberating evoking the tropes and cliches of spy, uh, fiction (SWERY's movie love runs as deep as Kojima) but the localization team didn't catch that so the English version plays it totally straight.

Bear in mind that Dan seems to be a pretty big outlier on that.

eh, like I said in my edit above, this looks boring as crap. the presentation is the only thing that's doing much for me.

also, per SWERY, man, I recommend people follow him on twitter or instagram. he's on my short list of video game people I'd want to hit up some bars with. what a funny, odd, genuine, awesome dude.

Oh man, so Patrick got broken by Flamelurker in Demons Soul. Good fun!

~~~
I wouldn't mind seeing Dan play Spy Fiction. BUT ONLY AFTER MGSCANLON 3.

there were a lot of things in that game that broke me. it probably took me twice to 3x as long to beat it as most people. but Flamelurker? I don't think he killed me once. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's like me with the boss with the dogs in Dark Souls. I one shotted him and found him really easy and only after the fact read that a lot of people find him hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom