• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

tchocky

I'm just now catching up with the Bombcast and got to the part where Jeff is very meh about Half-Life 2. Can anyone add to this list of games widely regarded as being seminal and/or one of the best games of their generation, that Jeff either doesn't much care for or actively hates?

Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Resident Evil 4
Red Dead Redemption
The Last of Us

Metal Gear Solid 1
Super Metroid

I'm just now catching up with the Bombcast and got to the part where Jeff is very meh about Half-Life 2. Can anyone add to this list of games widely regarded as being seminal and/or one of the best games of their generation, that Jeff either doesn't much care for or actively hates?

Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Resident Evil 4
Red Dead Redemption
The Last of Us

Metal Gear Solid 1
Super Metroid

Whut?

Are we sure Jeff was an editorial director at Gamespot?

Also add Yoshi's Island to that list.

Patryn

this was before microsoft waves a white flag in regards to producing video content. Since then, Remedy has had to come out and talk about the scope of their live action stuff a few times. First, i believe they said that they wouldn't be affected by those changes. These days, seems they've given up on those ambitions and now the scope of the FMV stuff is much smaller than when initially announced.

why Remedy announces anything so far in advance is beyond me, though. They seem to take a handful of years with their last few projects and somehow still get funding for their quirky games. It's like they're a not-Rockstar Rockstar studio.

Honestly, they should just scrap it all and do it in-game if it's just 20 minutes.

Thanks, now the list covers almost a 20 year span. I added RE.

Resident Evil
Metal Gear Solid
Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Resident Evil 4
Red Dead Redemption
The Last of Us

If There was a movie reviewer version of Jeff they would think Citizen Kane and shawshank redemption are trash but he would be really into Marvel movies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
so am I crazy or is the mike tyson fight not a well-designed fight

it's like they threw in a minute and a half of indiscernible 1-hit KO shots with little rhyme or reason to them after they finished designing the fight and thought it was too easy

that, and the timing is super strict so that you end up moving back from a dodge into punches that didn't actually land on you but still knock you out

That's how most (real) Mike Tyson fights ended. He'd KO people so fast that PPV companies tried to set up payment rules per round.

That silly Potato Marshal

E6t3cMP.jpg

Patrick stream has me thinking.....

Should I jump back into Dark Souls and finally finish it or finally play Demons and dust off the PS3?

Nah he would have F&F: Tokyo Drift as his favorite film. Oh wait...

I dont know why my mind didnt go to F&F movies for that.

I was trying to think of trashy movies but the only thing that popped into my head was Marvel. Damn you OT GAF!!!!

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say

Should I jump back into Dark Souls and finally finish it or finally play Demons and dust off the PS3?

whynotboth?.pbm

How far into Dark souls were you?

Play Demons Souls. Dark Souls is great, but Demons Soul is just so fresh and different, and IMO more unique than Dark Souls. (Yes, even after the fact of DaS existing, I feel DeS is more original even playing that second)

whynotboth?.pbm

How far into Dark souls were you?

Well I played until post anor lando before but then GFWL got my save and I recently played back up to blighttown and was thinking of going back in and finally finishing it.

NEVER touched Demons Souls but I got it from PS+ a while back.

low level but Soul Arrow makes the beginning pretty easy. no biggie for me like with some other viewers.

What I like about that though, is that it gives you a false sense of power. Half way through the game if you don't go all in on magic soul arrow becomes useless.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
This thread moves so fast, holy shit. Gotta quote some older posts.

That's how it looks on the Quick Look?

Edit: Wait I've had a moment of madness, I forgot that all QL's are shot like that in full screen haha.
Are you saying you have borders on all Quick Looks fullscreen? Because that's not normal.

i havent seen avatars for over a year. It forces me to judge someone for the content of their posts. It also makes me feel better about using this site since it doesn't look like i'm on some weird anime kiddy website.
After your post I've looked for an option but couldn't find one to hide avatars. Is it some browser script/plug-in?

Wait, The Order is 6 hours long? That's not bad actually, that's longer than The Witness!
A++

Scizzy

Potato Marshal is amazing. I love trying to figure him out. Who is this guy who has nothing better to do than to schedule his entire life around Brad's (and now apparently Patrick) streaming schedule, meticulously keep his character's level perfectly synced, and tirelessly invade time after time? Dedicating hours of your waking life to those goals is so pathetic that it becomes almost sublime.

Xater

Yeah I didn't mean weird in a bad way, it just took me by surprise. I wasn't paying much attention and first it was a card game and then Vinny was Batman--combatting skeletons or something.

Oh I got that don't worry. I actually bought it before the QL went up. I heard the good buzz on Steam, but I thought it was out only there. Saw it today on PSN and thought "You know what? Having a pre-order for RE: Revelations 2 is crazy. I should get this interesting looking game instead."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom