• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its funny the amount of contempt people give TB when he's never directly harassed anyone, supported harassing anyone, or condoned harassing anyone. Yet Jim Sterling, who just a couple years ago has said some of the most disgustingly vile comments directed at actual people is now some kind of Patreon darling now because of his face-turn which I don't think was anything more than out of convenience and his own benefit rather than any sincere desire to change.

valeo

Its funny the amount of contempt people give TB when he's never directly harassed anyone, supported harassing anyone, or condoned harassing anyone. Yet Jim Sterling, who just a couple years ago has said some of the most disgustingly vile comments directed at actual people is now some kind of Patreon darling now because of his face-turn which I don't think was anything more than out of convenience and his own benefit rather than any sincere desire to change.

True that.

It's funny the things people remember and the things people conveniently forget.

bonercop

I've heard of neutral people being doxxed by anti people as well, so it obviously goes further than just something like what you said that any reasonable person would agree with.
well that settles it.

vague mentions of people supposedly being doxxed by "antis" = a well-document harrasment campaign specifically targeting women in the gaming industry that has been raging for half a year now

~centrism~

let me know when TB apologizes for providing cover for a vicious hate campaign.

I'm an equal opportunity supplier of fuck 'em both.

danm999

My guess is his Patreon backers don't view his changing views as cynically as you.

yet Jim Sterling, who just a couple years ago has said some of the most disgustingly vile comments directed at actual people is now some kind of Patreon darling now

i don't think positive dynasty warrior reviews are really directed at anybody in particular though

but yeah he is a bit of a scumbag, isn't he

santeesioux

I feel like Ajay in Far Cry 4 here, the winning play
was to not get involved and fly off in a helicopter with your dictator stepfather.

Lelcar

I am now starting to get an uncomfortable feeling whenever they go to Drew for the what-are-you-playing segment and he still hasn't played any games week after week. It didn't particularly bother me before, but the way Brad asked him this week made me feel like Drew should probably at least play one game so that he has something to talk about.

Hell, there's so many fantastic classic games that Drew hasn't touched, I'd love to listen to a segment where he discusses experiencing them for the first time. But he never sticks with anything. Even his specialty TrackIR games you don't hear him talking about a week after the fact.

I dunno, I'm certain Drew's very busy and has his own stuff going on, and he's a fantastic duder no question, but I do wish he was more passionate about trying out some more games and sticking to it.

大丈夫、大丈夫。。。

大丈夫だ。問題ない。

Speaking of wrestling, I guess Seth Rollins was involved in something that ended up in having pictures of his dong posted on twitter last night... hah. Link (NSFW obviously). Also some chick from NXT that I've never heard of. no dong on her though.

Talking about wrestling, did you guys hear about Seth and that one new chick being in a nude pic controversy?

whoops, missed this

Talking about wrestling, did you guys hear about Seth and that one new chick being in a nude pic controversy?

2664056-6189018407-fyS4P.gif

someone PM me when it's safe to come back to this thread

You keep changing your avatar and since I identify people from their avatars I think "Oh, new person in the thread!" and then it's you all along. I feel deceived.

Also watching the Raven's Cry QL just makes me want to watch the guys play really bad games and laugh at them. What are the best videos for that?

Edit: Also, I calculated it. The guy in Raven's Cry is covering 10 meters every 2ish seconds, he's running at 11 miles per hour.

daydream

Banned
Drew was totally talking about the retro game-focused premium feature at the end of this week's Bombcast, wasn't he. I'm very excited!

Watching Raven's Cry makes me want a good pirate game in a fictional universe. Alien races or fantasy races as pirates with weird/crazy fantasy stuff? Hell yes.

Kurita is Nocchi avatar guy and it weirds me out when he isn't. currently everything is right with the world.

wait, we have a dorama thread?

Anjin M

Kurita is Nocchi avatar guy and it weirds me out when he isn't. currently everything is right with the world.

wait, we have a dorama thread?

I've never been more confused about a post on this thread.

Also.... If we're going to talk wrestling, we really aught to be talking Lucha Underground. That show is the best!

fuzzyset

Danswers Jeff: I don't really have fancy tastes.
Bombcast Jeff: Remember that 70k Lexus I bought a year ago? Yep, got a new one!

lol

hamchan

The man, knowing his dick was on the internet and his relationship with his fiancee was over, still went out and put on a show on RAW. I can only hope he doesn't get buried for this.

daydream

Banned
I don't think it is all out retro... I think it is Ryckert vs Tyson III. Dan needs that on a CRT to help him succeed

Very possible, yes. Brad was alluding to something bigger (retro-related) being in the works, however, so this might also be that. I'll gladly take either.

Xeteh

Have they talked about Metal Gear Scanlon 3 yet? That's all I want!

Considering this is the most frequently-asked question I see here and on Twitter, I’ll do my best to answer it. Metal Gear Scanlon 3 is happening. I’ve probably been annoying the hell out of everyone with my near-daily “can we start MGS3???” questions. That said, there are reasons we aren’t starting quite yet. Content schedules, staff schedules, all sorts of business like that. We are in no way holding back on it for fun or whatever. I’m hoping that we can get started sooner rather than later.

It will be great.

From Dan's tumblr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom