• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. F

Banned
Hoping they do a Grow Home quick look sometime, haven't seen much on it (if it's on the content schedule my bad, on mobile).

daydream

Banned
dat 90s CG intro

haha i forgot about the intro

i might check out the sequel, as well, even though i prefer the in-game look of iii

Dude yes. I really miss Impressions Games city builders.

even though Zeus/Poseidon is superior imo

man i will have to try zeus, never played that one

gog's got me covered, i see

edit: i should probably get the caesar iii, zeus + poseidon, pharaoh + cleopatra bundle, shouldn't i

justjim89

I really will never understand Jeff's hate for Majora's Mask. Especially because it seems to hinge on switching masks. It's literally no different than changing items in OoT. He's ostensibly mad about using items in a Zelda game.

It makes zero fucking sense.

Mr. F

Banned
man i will have to try zeus, never played that one

gog's got me covered, i see

edit: i should probably get the caesar iii, zeus + poseidon, pharaoh + cleopatra bundle, shouldn't i

Let me know what you think, it's hands-down my favourite of all those ancient builders. Also would recommend looking up the widescreen patch for it if you do check it out.

And ah man, getting that bundle as a kid was like striking gold. Definitely recommended. They went on to make another one based in ancient china (Emperor, I think?) but I never got around to trying it. Looked like it had some proper RTS elements, which would be improved over the janky way Zeus and the others tack on military combat.

I really will never understand Jeff's hate for Majora's Mask. Especially because it seems to hinge on switching masks. It's literally no different than changing items in OoT. He's ostensibly mad about using items in a Zelda game.

two accounts is probably against the rules, patrick

daydream

Banned
Let me know what you think, it's hands-down my favourite of all those ancient builders. Also would recommend looking up the widescreen patch for it if you do check it out.

And ah man, getting that bundle as a kid was like striking gold. Definitely recommended. They went on to make another one based in ancient china (Emperor, I think?) but I never got around to trying it. Looked like it had some proper RTS elements, which would be improved over the janky way Zeus and the others tack on military combat.

will do!

combat is always my least favourite part in.. pretty much all the games i have played from this genre. anno, the settlers, civilisation, cossacks, recently endless space

i love games like advance wars and nectaris but when a whole economy depends on my military actions, i start playing very reluctantly, haha

Except you don't go to the item screen as often to switch around items in Ocarina of Time as much as you would in Majora's Mask. The description of those transformation mask being basically Water Temple iron boots but for the whole game is pretty apt.

This is coming from someone who loves the shit out of Majora's Mask. It's not exactly a deal breaker for me but I can understand why Jeff wouldn't have the patience for it.

The comparison to the Iron Boots is completely unreasonable.

The iron boots process was pressing pause, waiting half a second for the menu to load up (menus are actually slower in OoT than MM), pressing Z or R twice, moving to the desired boots, selecting it, unpausing and waiting another half second, and then slowly trudging through a hazy water level for 10 seconds before doing it all over again.

The mask switching process in Majora's Mask is literally no different than selecting an item that you don't already have equipped, like in any other Zelda game. Like 90% of the masks are super situational, and the only ones that are used in anywhere near the same frequency as the Iron Boots in the Water Temple would be equipped in the item slot as soon as you reached the appropriate area... which is exactly what the Iron Boots should have been, and what every post-OoT game with Iron Boots has done.

sounds like the Dan vs Mike Tyson thing is a go or at least very near there once they deal with the hurdles (which i assume is related to getting their setup to work with a CRT).

should be interesting to see if he actually does it since Jason has records of him choking before and is unconvinced.

*assuming it is what i think it is*

Myggen

Do we have any idea what the (possible) new premium content they teased at the end of the Bombcast is?

Also, after listening to Jeff on a podcast for about 8 years now, I've long given up on understanding why he dislikes some of the games he dislikes ;)

LegoArmo

There hasn't been a game show quick look in awhile. Those were some of the best.

Have any been released on console lately, or are they all mobile games now? Honestly I wouldn't mind a weekly "random apps" hour long thing.

Xeteh

There hasn't been a game show quick look in awhile. Those were some of the best.

Have any been released on console lately, or are they all mobile games now? Honestly I wouldn't mind a weekly "random apps" hour long thing.

I always kind of got the feeling that the game show stuff was more of a Ryan thing than anyone else's idea so I can see why it hasn't happened much.

Brashnir

I always kind of got the feeling that the game show stuff was more of a Ryan thing than anyone else's idea so I can see why it hasn't happened much.

You're probably right, but I'd love to see Brad Muir play the feud again.

Hell, they should find a way to get themselves on the actual Family Feud show. Set up a charity match against another game site or some famous youtubers or something

edit - Family Feud isn't a CBS property, is it? :(

Lelcar

Also, after listening to Jeff on a podcast for about 8 years now, I've long given up on understanding why he dislikes some of the games he dislikes ;)

I agree. Jeff is great and he's still the driving force for my love of GB, but yeah, his logic is either non-existent or straight up contradictory some times. Unlike everyone else, it's almost impossible to guess if Jeff is going to love or hate something, the results are often surprising.

But the heart likes what the heart likes and you can't argue I guess. And in terms of logic, everybody has their weird quirks. In fact, I'd say Brad has some of the weirdest criteria of what it takes for him to like or hate a game.

Renpatsu

What was the joke with Phoenix Down? I don't hear it, and I've been saying it aloud!
They were referring to the fact that Phoenix Down is literally referring to the down of a phoenix and not in fact a strange translation from Japanese to English or some derivative thereof. The joke is that they took several years before it clicked in their minds.
Edit: Wow, latelatelate.

The man, knowing his dick was on the internet and his relationship with his fiancee was over, still went out and put on a show on RAW. I can only hope he doesn't get buried for this.

I don't think the dick thing would get him in much trouble, but the fact that he inadvertently(?) posted nudes of a female coworker on his instagram might not bode too well.

tchocky

I don't think the dick thing would get him in much trouble, but the fact that he inadvertently(?) posted nudes of a female coworker on his instagram might not bode too well.

It seems his fiancee got access to his account and found the pics and posted them in revenge for his cheating. The thing that would get him into trouble is his account is linked to the WWE website so the nudes got posted to the site during RAW.

On the bombcast they really missed the chance to sell Dan on just how much he could do anything in D&D. They should have told him about V-Bomb climbing a tree and dropping a statue arm on an enemy’s head. Probably the best moment in that Pathfinder run.

On the bombcast they really missed the chance to sell Dan on just how much he could do anything in D&D. They should have told him about V-Bomb climbing a tree and dropping a statue arm on an enemy’s head. Probably the best moment in that Pathfinder run.

Rorie will probably fill him in in the next episode!

good ol' V-bomb

2560175-vbomb1.jpg

So how much of Danswers is spent giving awkward people dating advice?

Hated that shit back when it would pop up on 1up podcasts back in the day.

repeater

Anyone know what happened to Helldivers? I was really excited for it, and the QL said it would be out in the summer back in March 2014.

Helldivers: Quick Look EX: http://youtu.be/VAX_CJkuz0o
I keep coming back to this question, too. I was really looking forward to playing this game with my friends last summer when nothing was coming out. :/

My best guess is that they've run into trouble porting it to the Vita and PS3 and/or implementing the cross-platform play. Sounds like quite a challenge getting that running without a hitch given that they are three quite different systems. Also, the PS4 version looked pretty polished in the Quick Look, so I have a hard time seeing that being the big hold up.

Lelcar

So how much of Danswers is spent giving awkward people dating advice?

I'd say Danswers is more of a venue for the employees to tell deeply personal stories and facts about themselves more than it is for actual answering questions.

I honestly had the same mindset going in, thinking I couldn't care less about a "life advice" podcast, but in reality it's very raw, emotional and highly entertaining. If you ever feel like you want to know more about the lives of the Dans (and Jeff) then it is worth it just for that.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Yeah I'm in the same boat that I don't want to hear life or dating advice from them at all. I also want to know no more about their personal lives than the stuff that just comes up naturally on their other content. It's cool that some people like the podcast though.

Mandatory reminder that they should continue the book club podcast.

I love how every time this Majora's Mask conversation happens, the opinions calcify and get even more extreme. I'm not sure Dan realizes that Jeff is being purposely hyperbolic.

Perfect!

Dude yes. I really miss Impressions Games city builders.

even though Zeus/Poseidon is superior imo

Damn right. Zeus/Poseidon was my jam. I still have the discs lying around somewhere. I never did very well at the game, the military part of it always escaped me, but I enjoyed it regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom