• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon

i3m7hZh.gif

So? Jeff, Brad, Vinny, Alex and Dan all seemed to know how to play without her being there.

Very few of them were actually playing the game well. Mary has been handling Evolve coverage for Gamespot and has been to most of the Evolve events as well. Jeff does the same for Call Of Duty. Get over it, she's allowed to like a thing and know about it too.

My only complaint is that it's a bummer neither of the GBEAST guys recorded it on their end as well so we could have a second angle.

Yeah, cause watching Dan run all the way across the map by himself as support only to have to turn around and run all the way back to the other side when the rest of the team found the monster was nothing short of infuriating. Another perspective would've been nice.

To me it is dead simple. I played it for the first time at Gamescom. My team mopped the floor with the monster twice. As the monster I won every game. I had zero issues picking this game up. This game isn#t complex, it's just that most FPS games are really dumb.

ok dude i get it you're some sort of gaming mensa guru.

Most people aren't that and i appreciate that they had Mary on to help make Evolve easier to digest. As someone who has been playing FPSes since i got a hold of the wolf3d shareware floppy, i can safely feel confident about myself and not at all defensive about the possible notion that Evolve might have some nuance to it and that I could stand to pick up some tidbits of information from watching Mary in this quick look.

but i get it, it's dead simple and FPSes these days are some sort of watered down gaming dribble and that i only stand to regress as a human being if I allow something like evolve to get away with possibly being labeled as "kinda complex."

sheesh

Myggen

My favourite part was when Brad compared it to a MOBA.

Oh, you.

On the Bombcast? He didn't compare Evolve to a MOBA, just said that Dota 2 is a good example of a game where you can do "the same thing" over and over and over again without getting sick of it because of how complex the mechanics are/how many ways you can play a character, which he feared wouldn't be the case with a game like Evolve.

on the quick look

Ah, ok. Most've blacked out during that part.

On the Bombcast? He didn't compare Evolve to a MOBA, just said that Dota 2 is a good example of a game where you can do "the same thing" over and over and over again without getting sick of it because of how complex the mechanics are/how many ways you can play a character, which he feared wouldn't be the case with a game like Evolve.

on the quick look

daydream

Banned
luckily the cogs in castlevania don't spin as fast as the one in castle in the darkness

i almost wanna propose a bet on which we'll see first, a new episode of vinnyvania or the last guardian footage

anyway, if mad vindawg belmondo makes a return, he should consider doing kid dracula after dracula's curse

Did I imagine it or are we still due another Ryckert podcast?

It seemed like Dan referenced doing another podcast during the Paul Ryckert quick look video, but I'm not sure if that was just misunderstood. I thought the same thing, but not seeing anything about it sense I'm guessing it was misunderstood.

Myggen

It seemed like Dan referenced doing another podcast during the Paul Ryckert quick look video, but I'm not sure if that was just misunderstood. I thought the same thing, but not seeing anything about it sense I'm guessing it was misunderstood.

No, according to Twitter they did record another podcast with someone I didn't recognize. I can't find the tweets now, but I swear it's there!

It was a fools bet Myggen, we all knew it. You did this to yourself.

Never bet against Brad.

daydream

Banned
Did I imagine it or are we still due another Ryckert podcast?

That's what I thought, as well, but he may have just worded it weirdly while actually talking about an episode of Danswers or something. If they recorded something during the Superbowl weekend, I'd have expected it to be up by now.

Hope Dan can clear this up for us.

No, according to Twitter they did record another podcast with someone I didn't recognize. I can't find the tweets now, but I swear it's there!

Oh yeah, that movie guy, was it? So maybe it's up to him to publish it.

Myggen

I just want any Vinny-centric feature to happen. More VinnyVania or something, anything!

Would be cool! They talked about "the QL machine" being up and running, but that there's still some work to do with the rest of their recording stuff, so I doubt they're capable of doing streams yet. Pre-recorded stuff should probably be good to go.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Vinny playing coast to coast co-op games (Evolve, Dying Light) is a great substitute for him not being in SF. More of that.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Shame Steve can't be here to inaugurate the return of Mary

For those commenting on her enthusiasm/PR-ness, watch this but be prepared to feel shitty http://www.gamespot.com/videos/women-surviving-and-thriving-in-games-media-pax-pr/2300-6421102/
Thanks for that link. And of course Mary's account name would be something like "hotkoolaid".

Giantbomb OT 13 - Mid 90's N64 Nostalgia Effect
I like this one, might be a little mean, though.

Also, I found this comic about Dan Ryckert and this thread:
http://i.imgur.com/FMWMVGg.png

Xater

ok dude i get it you're some sort of gaming mensa guru.

Most people aren't that and i appreciate that they had Mary on to help make Evolve easier to digest. As someone who has been playing FPSes since i got a hold of the wolf3d shareware floppy, i can safely feel confident about myself and not at all defensive about the possible notion that Evolve might have some nuance to it and that I could stand to pick up some tidbits of information from watching Mary in this quick look.

but i get it, it's dead simple and FPSes these days are some sort of watered down gaming dribble and that i only stand to regress as a human being if I allow something like evolve to get away with possibly being labeled as "kinda complex."

sheesh

Boy are we salty.

Boy are we salty.
Yea but at least i'm being constructive with my criticism of your comments. All you got is "it's less complex than payday!" and "you're salty" and that's just weaksauce brah.

Hell, I'm not even sure I like evolve but you're not gonna catch me calling it dead simple because I won a match at gamescom or something. Cmon now.

Xater

Yea but at least i'm being constructive with my criticism of your comments. All you got is "it's less complex than payday!" and "you're salty" and that's just weaksauce brah.

Hell, I'm not even sure I like evolve but you're not gonna catch me calling it dead simple because I won a match at gamescom or something. Cmon now.

I played multiple matches and it wasn't the public I was playing. My point was tha tthe concepts in this game are barely anything new and can be picked up in no time if you are not braindead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom