• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
The monster literally kills creeps to level up, choosing which of four skills to put more points into as it levels. How much more MOBA can you possibly get?

As I said later, I'm not saying you're wrong. I just found it funny that you made that comparison.

And Brad, we all love you, please take part in the thread to do something other than respond to negative comments.

Myggen

There's an exception to every rule

You're an exception to every rule.

edit: Anyone able to find out where the dev who made Lex Mortis is from? From the accent of the VO I'm guessing somewhere in Europe, but I can't really place it. It literally seems like he used Google translate to write the game.

Bacon

Yz8e7qq.gif

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Have we officially reached the point where it's not that impressive at all anymore to make a good looking game? Like Lex Mortis doesn't look bad (graphically) but holy shit this game looks baaaaaad.

Obviously there is also stuff like Countless Rooms of Death but still.

Visceir

No unplugged anytime soon, I'm guessing? I imagine they will probably have forgotten all about their characters once they get around to doing another one again.

Wish they would have managed it better.

Myggen

Have we officially reached the point where it's not that impressive at all anymore to make a good looking game? Like Lex Mortis doesn't look bad (graphically) but holy shit this game looks baaaaaad.

Obviously there is also stuff like Countless Rooms of Death but still.

Yeah, it looks like they've done more to the game than just importing some assets from Unity and calling it a game. But that writing is early 90s shitty Western version of a Japanese game bad, and it seems to rely on lazy jump scares.

No unplugged anytime soon, I'm guessing? I imagine they will probably have forgotten all about their characters once they get around to doing another one again.

Rorie is out this week. He did indicate that they'd do some of the rest of the character creation off-screen, so that might solve the problem of them forgetting what they did last time.

shwimpy

They should just play more one-off tabletop games like Resistance instead of a continuing series. I feel like this cast of crew (especially the Dans) don't give a shit about D&D as much as the Pathfinder crew did.

tchocky

edit: Anyone able to find out where the dev who made Lex Mortis is from? From the accent of the VO I'm guessing somewhere in Europe, but I can't really place it. It literally seems like he used Google translate to write the game.

On steam the developer mentioned an update including making it brighter and his profile says Ukraine.

Are the basic DM rules comprehensive enough?

Should be, yup. If you don't know a rule don't bring everything to a halt and look it up, just make up a quick solution (roll __ dice for me and use ___ score) and then make a note to look it up before next time.

demidar

Should be, yup. If you don't know a rule don't bring everything to a halt and look it up, just make up a quick solution (roll __ dice for me and use ___ score) and then make a note to look it up before next time.

The Player's Handbook for a DnD ruleset can easily be 150 pages long, detailing a lot of things, but sometimes you gotta make a judgement call to keep the flow going. The ruleset is more of a guideline than hard rules anyway.

ultron87

The Player's Handbook for a DnD ruleset can easily be 150 pages long, detailing a lot of things, but sometimes you gotta make a judgement call to keep the flow going. The ruleset is more of a guideline than hard rules anyway.

They actually did a really good job with keeping 5th edition's actual "rules" sections very limited. The actual section on playing the game is ~20 pages (plus 4 more on spellcasting). The rest of the book is race, class, and spell descriptions.

Xater

I am really excited for the next Unplugged. Favorite feature right now and I need more. Hopefully soon...

Alright. First I'll need to wait for the Player's Handbook to arrive though. After that I'll probably find an online group to get at least some play in before I try DMing.

demidar

They actually did a really good job with keeping 5th edition's actual "rules" sections very limited. The actual section on playing the game is ~20 pages (plus 4 more on spellcasting). The rest of the book is race, class, and spell descriptions.

Yeah. Some things definitely need to be explained, like establishing a baseline for difficulty checks.

Bacon

I actually just finally watched Avalon last weekend and it was fantastic. Mary and Danny faking everyone out was the highlight. What made it better is thinking back to Dan saying to Mary, "you and me are definitely good I'm confident of that much" about 20 times during that round.

Myggen

B9q27PgCYAEv0eJ.jpg

2686582-ok.gif

edit: From Brad's Tumblr:

masterbrief asked: Is Dan your mortal enemy? You and him seemed to want to throw down on MPP3. Or is he just grating after a period of time? I hate to see the crew at odds.

We customarily punch each other in the face every morning before sitting down and getting to work.

Sakwoff

Eh, I dunno. The effects are so overdone that it looks weird. It's dawn and raining, but everything is so bright that it basically looks like an alien abduction, the roads are basically mirrors and even indoors everything is impossibly shiny. The actual textures however are pretty bad in spots. Look at the drawers in the houses in the beginning for example.

Just looks like they submerged everything in shaders and effects. Which makes it look good on first glance, but then everything is inconsistent and weird.

B9q27PgCYAEv0eJ.jpg

2686582-ok.gif

edit: From Brad's Tumblr:

I think Dan can get on Brad's nerves, just like my friends can get on mine, but they're still buddies. They're both competitive guys, so that's going to cause some natural tension, but I think it's pretty healthy. I'm sure one of the biggest things GB looks for in hiring somebody is making sure that they can stay drama-free, especially with the rest of the team.

Edit: I think Lex Mortis looks good because of its engine, but it has no idea how to use its effects, as the indoor raining and weird mirror demonstrate.

Myggen

Just wait until this coming Tuesday.

Just wait.

Jeff and Dan QL, consists of them yelling at each other for 50 minutes while the game is still on the start screen.

edit1: Oh, I thought you meant Majora's Mask for some reason. But yes, The Order will be something else :p

edit2: Haha, I love that someone sent this to dan:

B9rQDxACcAAfzKn.jpg

Rapstah

It's gonna be driveclub all over again when the order comes out

More people should probably be exposed to the fact that there are thousands of normal people who like everything ever made, no matter how obviously terrible that thing is to you. You may even be right about how objectively terrible the thing is, there will still be those thousands of people.

I feel like Majoras mask will replace driveclub

I want the Quick Look to have Brad & Jeff

I feel like they will give their raw & honest opinions of the game on video

The weather effects on that moon!

Speaking of moons

I finished Dead Space 3 a short while ago

dafuq at the ending

For a Film Studies major, Dan has some pretty glaring holes in his movie resume. Animal House, Demolition Man. I wonder if he's seen This is Spinal Tap.

Rapstah

lol, you guys are coming down on Brad and Jeff pretty hard :p

I can give you Brad since he seems to come into this thread once every two months and subconsciously add a bunch of "laughing so hard I'm crying in disregard" emoji to the end of every post he reads, but when and where did this thread ever come down hard on Jeff?

Edit: The GBC Oracle Zelda games are the best Zelda games. I've only played the first ~30 minutes of Wind Waker once but I believe my lifelong experience of playing games gives me the authority to not enjoy it. *laughing so hard I'm crying in disregard emoji*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom