• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

oti

Banned
Definitely, and I reckon the steam link doesn't support HDR either.

At the very least, Xbox One X should crush RDR2!

With an Xbox X you'd also get 4K Netflix and such, I assume. After getting my 4K TV I bought an Xbox S. Horizon 3 sure looks good. My Amazon Fire TV 4K box gets the most use though. Netflix and Youtube in 4K are not the real deal, but it's still pretty cool.

I should get Planet Earth on UHD BR. 🤔

With an Xbox X you'd also get 4K Netflix and such, I assume. After getting my 4K TV I bought an Xbox S. Horizon 3 sure looks good. My Amazon Fire TV 4K box gets the most use though. Netflix and Youtube in 4K are not the real deal, but it's still pretty cool.

I should get Planet Earth on UHD BR. 🤔

I should look into what's available on UHD BR... I'm mainly a digital media person but I may have to switch to discs cause of the storage space

daveo42

Banned
is the LG OLED the one that Jeff and Dan have?

Yeah, they both have the LG B6 and that is one dope ass tv. I've got it and it's a beautiful set. Expensive, but not too expensive for one of the best TVs on the market. Technically it only cost me $100 more than the first 1080p set I bought over a decade ago.

oti

Banned
There's a gamescom PUBG tournament going on. Really curious how this looks.

Seeing 100 people in one event is insane.

Wunder

Journey to Un'goro was one of the most diverse and versatile metas in Hearthstone history! This expansion just has 5 different Druid decks! Alex!

Ashby

I'm still using a 720p set so I imagine going to OLED would be overkill as far as "wow" factor is concerned. Then again I don't know pricing for 'em. How much is the LG that we've been talking about?

Curufinwe

Prey is currently worth $14.30 and Overwatch is worth $22 to Pro members who trade them in at GameStop. But that's without any bonuses for multiple trade ins. Right now trading two games in gets you 20% extra, and using them on Uncharted TLL is a 30% bonus.

So that works out to about $57.

daveo42

Banned
I'm still using a 720p set so I imagine going to OLED would be overkill as far as "wow" factor is concerned. Then again I don't know pricing for 'em. How much is the LG that we've been talking about?

Amazon has it for $1825
I assume if you wait a few months you should be able to find them for much cheaper. The new model (C7) is just shy of $2200.

Edit: If you have a Microcenter in the area, you can get one for $1600

Ashby

Amazon has it for $1825
I assume if you wait a few months you should be able to find them for much cheaper. The new model (C7) is just shy of $2200.

Edit: If you have a Microcenter in the area, you can get one for $1600

Amazon has the P607 for $650. Think I'm gonna go with that if it's the consensus choice. As I said, going from 720p to 4K will be impressive enough I imagine that it won't be necessary to shell out an extra ~$1,000

EDIT: Damn, Best Buy has it for $599. Is that a good price?

So Pat works in, uh, comedy, right?

Chase your dreams, folks.

Edit: this was super shitty and there's no defending it. Leaving it up as a reminder to myself.

Journey to Un'goro was one of the most diverse and versatile metas in Hearthstone history! This expansion just has 5 different Druid decks! Alex!

I don't really know from Hearthstone but expecting anything more than surface-level discussion when it comes to any game's meta from giant bomb, unless it's dota or starcraft 2, it a fool's errand.

oti

Banned
They still haven't started the PUBG tournament due to technical difficulties. This game has still a way to go, hasn't it.

So Pat works in, uh, comedy, right?

Chase your dreams, folks.

OK, erotic grandpa.

I just realised I completely forgot to listen to last week's Beastcast again.

is the LG OLED the one that Jeff and Dan have?

Yeah. There is B6, E6, C6 & G6(they own a B6). The difference between all 4 is that E6 and G6 both have soundbars(G6 is 5.1 as opposed to 2.0 in E6 if I'm not mistaken) and 3D(both are not curved). C6 has 3D and is curved with no soundbar and the B6 has no 3D, no soundbar and it isn't curved. I got the E6 mainly because I wanted 3D since I enjoy watching movies in 3D(assuming they're done RIGHT). They all support HDR10 & Dolby Vision as well.

Got mine right around Black Friday/Christmas? at a discounted price. it's a stunning TV, certainly the best I've ever seen and I'm coming from a Panasonic VT50(still have it hooked up back home) which is another beautiful set.

Ashby

P607 is your choice then, no doubt about it.

Great. The only thing giving me pause is that it's a 55-inch. My current tv is a 32-inch and because of the way the room is set up that I play games in I sit pretty damn close to my tv. Doesn't higher resolutions only become noticeable when you're x-amount of distance from the tv set?

Top Bottom